Photo

Donald Sterling Attempted To Rescind Eric Bledsoe & Caron For J.J. Redick and Dudley Deal

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,607 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 28, 2013 - 07:36 PM

donald-sterling-bizarre-accusations-scot

By Adrian Wojnarowski 2 hours ago Yahoo Sports

Two days after the Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks agreed to a three-team trade involving Eric Bledsoe, Jared Dudley, J.J. Redick and others, Donald Sterling instructed his team president, Andy Roeser, to rescind the deal.

The deal had already been agreed upon and leaked to the media, but could not become official until July 11 when the moratorium was lifted.

It was up to Doc Rivers to change Sterling's mind, but Redick and his representatives couldn't wait much longer on whether his four-year, $27 million deal would be upheld.

Redick's other suitors were beginning to reach deals with other similar players.

Rivers had sold Redick that the culture of the Clippers was changing, but the turn of events showed that Sterling remains unpredictable.

Rivers was embarrassed and humiliated after agreeing to come to the Clippers with ultimate authority and he feared that his credibility in future talks would be paralyzed if this deal was rescinded.

There are some that believe Rivers would have been forced to step down if Sterling didn't relent.

"It never got to that," one source told Yahoo Sports, "but it might have had Sterling not come around."

More in link...

http://sports.yahoo....-012846814.html

• 40,407 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 07:44 PM

They sacrificed an awful lot of toughness & defense with those two, plus superior overall shot creativity and maybe chemistry.

Don't get me wrong, Dudley's been known as a solid defender himself, but athletically he's very weak, and can't create his own shot nearly as well as neither Bledose or Butler. Only thing he definitively has better is his 3PT shot & it's not by a whole lot I'd say.

Then you have Reddick, who again, is nowhere near the defender Bledsoe or Butler are. He's tough in his own right at least, but effort can only get you so far sometimes. Inferior shot creator and again probably a better 3pt shooter, but that's about it.

They both struggled in the preseason, especially Dudley and I know that probably won't matter and they'll pick it up once the season rolls around, but even if they do, just strictly speaking on overall game & value, I'm not so sure the Clippers made the best decision.

Plus Bledsoe & Butler would've matched Doc's fire & style, specifically defensively so much better.

yo.

#3 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,879 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 28, 2013 - 08:08 PM

To me without a doubt the chemistry is changed.

I remember how good Barnes and Blake looked on paper. It started well too. i think we were 8-0 to start the season, but things got tougher and tougher.

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 28, 2013 - 08:11 PM

Sterling is still the reason why the Clippers will never have sustained success in the coming years. 

#5 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,789 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted October 28, 2013 - 08:12 PM

They sacrificed an awful lot of toughness & defense with those two, plus superior overall shot creativity and maybe chemistry.

Don't get me wrong, Dudley's been known as a solid defender himself, but athletically he's very weak, and can't create his own shot nearly as well as neither Bledose or Butler. Only thing he definitively has better is his 3PT shot & it's not by a whole lot I'd say.

Then you have Reddick, who again, is nowhere near the defender Bledsoe or Butler are. He's tough in his own right at least, but effort can only get you so far sometimes. Inferior shot creator and again probably a better 3pt shooter, but that's about it.

They both struggled in the preseason, especially Dudley and I know that probably won't matter and they'll pick it up once the season rolls around, but even if they do, just strictly speaking on overall game & value, I'm not so sure the Clippers made the best decision.

Plus Bledsoe & Butler would've matched Doc's fire & style, specifically defensively so much better.

So you're saying that DTS is a great basketball mind with whom you agree?

#6 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,534 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted October 28, 2013 - 08:21 PM

Doesn't surprise me. One of the worst owners in all of professional sports.

There's not one defender on that roster besides Barnes. Call me skeptical of their chances in the playoffs.

• 40,407 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 08:56 PM

^ Which is sorta my point. DS was actually right on this one as abysmal as he is. Bledsoe & Caron could both legitimately defend and do more overall. He wanted them back, but it couldn't happen.

So you're saying that DTS is a great basketball mind with whom you agree?

Won't go that far of course, but I'll simply say he actually made some sense here as abysmal as he is.

yo.

#8 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,042 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted October 29, 2013 - 09:26 AM

So everybody is picking The LA crappers to be in the NBA Finals? We'll see

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#9 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,700 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 29, 2013 - 11:46 AM

I didn't think it was a smart trade either. I think Demar Derozan would have been a much better pickup. Bledsoe had a lot of trade value, they could have done more is all I'm saying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users