Photo

Assault Charge Reduced (Post #9); Chris Brown Arrested For Felony Assault, Could Be Sentenced To 4 Years In Prison

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 12:18 AM

http://www.huffingto..._n_4167702.html

Chris Brown was arrested in Washington D.C. this morning (Oct. 27) for felony assault after allegedly attacking a man outside a hotel, TMZ reports.

According to ABC News, a D.C. police spokeswoman said Brown got into an argument with a man outside the W Hotel at 15th and Pennsylvania Avenue at 4:30 a.m. Brown reportedly began punching the man after the situation got heated. Officials believe he was not under the influence of anything at the time of the incident.

CNN reports that Brown's bodyguard was also jailed following the altercation.

This arrest could be very bad news for Brown, considering he is still on probation for the Rihanna beating case. If he did violate his probation with this incident, worst case scenario, Brown could be sentenced to nearly four years in prison.

n-CHRIS-BROWN-large570.jpg?6

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Edited by    , October 28, 2013 - 10:38 PM.

yo.

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,293 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 28, 2013 - 12:32 AM

after his tweet(s) revealing his selfish attitude, not surprised.

ap1.png

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,419 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 28, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Read about this earlier.

Reportedly the guy is trying to say that he jumped in the middle of a photo that Chris Brown was taking with a female fan and Brown out of nowhere went "I'm not into gay stuff, I feel like boxing!" and just punched him and then his security guard stepped in the way and punched him....

It doesn't really sound... legitimate to me from this person he allegedly assaulted.  But we shall see. 

It would be pretty stupid honestly if that really happened lol    Just the dialogue he said Chris said "I'm not into gay stuff, I feel like boxing!" just... doesn't sound real to me lol!!

But we shall see how far the case goes.

Interesting to say the least.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,902 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 28, 2013 - 06:35 AM

Lawsuit, maybe probation for CB

#5 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,662 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 28, 2013 - 06:51 AM

well, at least he's hitting men now...

Posted Image

#6 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 401 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted October 28, 2013 - 07:08 AM

What an idiot. Seriously. You have money, fame and he still acts like a fool. If this turns out to be legit, I'd let him serve his full sentence. Although with today's society, it will probably only give him more street cred.

#7 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted October 28, 2013 - 07:24 AM

well, at least he's hitting men now...

Touche!

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,486 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 28, 2013 - 07:34 AM

Maybe some time will give him a reality check

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 09:09 PM

Assault charge against Chris Brown reduced in D.C. brawl

(CNN) -- The charges against singer Chris Brown and his bodyguard stemming from a weekend fight were reduced to simple assault misdemeanors Monday.

The two men, who had spent the previous 36 hours in a Washington jail, entered a packed courtroom in leg irons and handcuffs, but at the end they were unshackled and released without bail Monday afternoon.

Brown, 24, was ordered to report to his California probation officer within 48 hours and to stay at least 100 yards away from the man he is accused of assaulting early Sunday. Both men must return to court on November 24.

"Christopher Brown committed no crime," his attorney Danny Onorato told reporters after the hearing. "We understand that his security acted to protect Mr. Brown and his property, as he is authorized to do under District of Columbia law. We are confident that Mr. Brown will be exonerated of any wrongdoing."

http://www.cnn.com/2...assault-charge/

Expected this after hearing that guy's story... 

It wouldn't surprise me if the charges were eventually dropped completely. 

Edited by Majesty, October 28, 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 12:49 AM

I expect the case to be dropped eventually, like I said the guys story didn't seem to stick.  

Even still this is interesting as well.  Brown has voluntarily entered himself into a rehab facility.

Chris Brown enters rehab facility

1383096243000-C-Brown.jpg

Chris Brown has decided to try to get some help.

The star, who was arrested in Washington over the weekend after getting into a fight, "has elected to enter a rehab facility," his rep, Nicole Perna, tells USA TODAY.

"His goal is to gain focus and insight into his past and recent behavior, enabling him to continue the pursuit of his life and his career from a healthier vantage point."

Boxer Mike Tyson had advice for Brown this week, telling a New York radio station: "Chris should know this … if you're not humble in this world, this world will dress humbleness upon you."

Read More Here:  http://www.usatoday....cility/3310207/

Along with Geragos, we're told his mom and GF Karrueche accompanied Chris to the facility.

TMZ

Getting away from all the stimuli may be what's best for him, glad he's getting help. Though he's not been a repeat offender there are obviously still some issues he's yet to deal with to it's root.  Hopefully he finds it there. 

Good to hear he's trying to get help for whatever they may be.  I hope that he finds it and comes back refocused and away from all the BS.  He is a very talented kid with a knack for music and a great potential he's yet to reach.   I hope he gets the help he does need.

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted November 02, 2013 - 03:52 PM

The guy was trying to board the tour bus???  No wonder the security guard punched him then :smh:

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A Secret Service report on Chris Brown's alleged assault on a man in Washington on Sunday offers insight into the singer's possible defense strategy.

The document obtained by CNN suggests that Brown's bodyguard will take the rap for a man's broken nose, while lawyers could question the creditability of one of the police officers who investigated the case.

"I was on the (tour) bus when I guess someone tried to get on and my bodyguard handled it," Brown told a Secret Service officer investigating the incident on a sidewalk in front of the W Hotel just a few blocks from the White House. The incident happened around 4:25 a.m. Sunday, hours after the singer hosted a party at a nearby nightclub.

"Christopher Brown committed no crime," his attorney Danny Onorato said Monday. "We understand that his security acted to protect Mr. Brown and his property, as he is authorized to do under District of Columbia law. We are confident that Mr. Brown will be exonerated of any wrongdoing."

http://www.cnn.com/2...ssault-defense/

Also

Chris Brown may have a surprising key witness when he faces a misdemeanor assault charge in D.C. on Nov. 25.

According to TMZ, one of the president's Secret Service agents overheard a witness tell police that the alleged victim said Brown never hit him.

That testimony could cast all kinds of doubt about the alleged victim's credibility. But the alleged victim is not backing down: He maintains that he was assaulted by Brown and never said any such thing, reports NBC4.

http://www.bet.com/n...-from-jail.html

If this is true then this guy is trying to get paid and Brown really did do nothing wrong and Chris was just an easy target.

I KNEW this guys story was flimsy.   Sigh.... Chris Brown is a self inflicted at times easy target... 

Doesn't make it right to make up stuff.   Looks like he really did do nothing wrong and this guy got hit by the security guard trying to board Chris Brown's bus and then smelled a paycheck.

I expect this case to be dropped soon.

Edited by Majesty, November 02, 2013 - 03:53 PM.

• 40,416 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 12:42 AM

Boxer Mike Tyson had advice for Brown this week, telling a New York radio station: "Chris should know this … if you're not humble in this world, this world will dress humbleness upon you."

Tyson is so much more knowledgeable than some people seem to think.

yo.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,419 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 12:57 AM

Tyson is so much more knowledgeable than some people seem to think.

oh yes he's very smart.  He actually really did reach out to Chris.   At the moment from what I hear he's still in rehab and anger management and I think doing this, and being away from all this stimuli is something he desperately needs.   I think a few months AWAY from the media spotlight or even from being famous in general is something he desperately needs.   Even though he may be innocent of this charge, it's obvious there were a lot of other issues.   So I'm glad he's addressing them instead of letting this case pass over after he was found innocent and goin "f the world" etc and keeping on being out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users