#81 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,454 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:07 AM

The Mavericks won 41 games last season even with Dirk missing 29 games.

They had Kaman, Collison and OJ Mayo too.

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2013 - 01:07 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#82 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:11 AM

They had Kaman, Collison and OJ Mayo too.

Now they have Calderon, Ellis, and Harris.

Posted Image

#83 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,454 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:20 AM

Now they have Calderon, Ellis, and Harris.

Calderon(I make Steve Nash look like Rondo defensively) over Collison?   Devin Harris?   Ellis over Mayo?  The Monta Ellis that shot 28% from three last year compared to Mayo's 40%?
And no one to replace or replicate what Kaman could do or give to the team while Dirk was hurt? 

They don't have a glue guy like Elton Brand either.  lost all that this off-season.

Edited by Majesty, October 30, 2013 - 01:21 AM.

#84 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,565 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:34 AM

Calderon(I make Steve Nash look like Rondo defensively) over Collison?   Devin Harris?   Ellis over Mayo?  The Monta Ellis that shot 28% from three last year compared to Mayo's 40%?
And no one to replace or replicate what Kaman could do or give to the team while Dirk was hurt? 

They don't have a glue guy like Elton Brand either.  lost all that this off-season.

Agree. Why is it that people are high on Dallas? It makes zero sense. Pelton's retard-rankings have them finishing as a 7th seed ahead of Golden state and Marc Stein's Power Rankings have them 13th (8th in the west). Are all ESPN writers morons or what?

Their back-court cant defend anyone and their two best defenders are a 35y/o Shawn Marion and Sam Dalembert, their shooting guard Ellis cant shoot all that well and has a knack for making good teams bad and the whole team is old as [expletive].

#85 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:36 AM

Calderon was the league's best 3 point shooter last year. Ellis should be able to take the scoring load off of Dirk better than anybody else they had last year. Devin Harris should still be a solid contributor.

Over anything else, they should have a healthy Dirk. 29 games is a lot of games to miss.

Posted Image

#86 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,454 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:40 AM

Calderon was the league's best 3 point shooter last year. Ellis should be able to take the scoring load off of Dirk better than anybody else they had last year. Devin Harris should still be a solid contributor.

Over anything else, they should have a healthy Dirk. 29 games is a lot of games to miss.

I think they're gonna be missing OJ Mayo.   Mayo was a bit more under control and reliable than Monta, and Monta hasn't exactly looked so good thus far in the Mavericks offense.

I think he's shot 33% from the field and 18% from three in the pre-season.  Then again it is the pre-season.   But I don't see a one two punch of Nowitski and Ellis making noise like I think you feel they might.

#87 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:56 AM

I think they're gonna be missing OJ Mayo.   Mayo was a bit more under control and reliable than Monta, and Monta hasn't exactly looked so good thus far in the Mavericks offense.

I think he's shot 33% from the field and 18% from three in the pre-season.  Then again it is the pre-season.   But I don't see a one two punch of Nowitski and Ellis making noise like I think you feel they might.

If by making noise you mean get one of the last playoff spots, then I do think they'll "make noise." Calderon will replace OJ Mayo's shooting. Monta should be better working closer to the basket.

Still, Dirk playing most of the season and having the best coach among the teams fighting for the last 2 playoff spots cinches for me more than anything else.

Posted Image

#88 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2013 - 09:42 AM

55-27!

1-0 so far

#89 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,587 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted October 30, 2013 - 09:53 AM

I am more optimistic than I was last season.It looks like this team has a big heart. Hope things won't change so soon

48-34

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#90 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,054 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:35 AM

Reviving an old thread after last night's debacle.  It's a pretty funny gallows humor kinda read this morning.  My prediction of 31 wins looks pretty unobtainable now.

Most of us also thought Dallas and Phoenix were pretty bad teams, and we see how that turned out so far.

Debbie Downer

#91 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 07, 2014 - 08:57 AM

I've said this previously but if we are bound to be a 7th/8th seed, I'd rather miss the playoffs and get a lottery pick. I don't see any possible way this team can get past the second round of the playoffs this year.

I wouldn't say that we didn't improve because chemistry wise we will be better and offensively we will be better as well. But in terms of defense and rebounding, we are going to struggle and those two things are what you need to be successful.

I also said we'd be 47-35 but that was also based on health and everything else going right.

The Suns thing is funny but to be fair even all the media outlets had the PHX being terrible. They have a good coach so that helps.

#92 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,063 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 07, 2014 - 12:02 PM

I think Dragic is highly underrated.

#93 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,054 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 07, 2014 - 01:14 PM

I think Dragic is highly underrated.

Agreed, as is Hornecek.  Watching some of the plays they run is Spurs- esque.  Their guys pass to spots as opposed to teammates.  The shooter is often wide open and the rebounders are usually in proper position.  Just pretty to watch.

Debbie Downer

#94 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,199 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:00 PM

I also said we'd be 47-35 but that was also based on health and everything else going right.
The Suns thing is funny but to be fair even all the media outlets had the PHX being terrible. They have a good coach so that helps.

Just goes to show you what a good coach can do. Their team isn't horrible but they defiantly are playing above what they should

Edited by bigfetz, March 07, 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#95 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:03 PM

Even my worst case scenario of 35 wins seems overly optimistic.

#96 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:19 PM

Lol, most of us were way off, but that's okay. None of us expected a buttload of injuries this season, as well.

Props to LakersGAFan for being the most accurate. No sugarcoatin' this [expletive]. :rock:

Edited by Lewd, March 07, 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#97 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 08, 2014 - 01:08 PM

Lol, most of us were way off, but that's okay. None of us expected a buttload of injuries this season, as well.

Props to LakersGAFan for being the most accurate. No sugarcoatin' this [expletive]. :rock:

thank you

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#98 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,327 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 11, 2014 - 03:06 AM

To be fair...we were at .500 after 26 games (2 months) werent we?

Then the injuries piled up, kobe came and went in 6, and the tank was on.

Apologies to ESPN. They were much too kind to us picking us 12 in west

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users