知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,907 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2013 - 07:40 AM

OLSI9wR.gif

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#42 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,382 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 29, 2013 - 08:23 AM

This is it!!!
Im hoping a decent game from us lol
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#43 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,246 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 29, 2013 - 08:31 AM

I wonder how Blake is going to own pau this year

Edited by RobBlake, October 29, 2013 - 08:31 AM.

ap1.png

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,015 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 29, 2013 - 09:21 AM

I am terrorfied at what Chris Paul is going to do to the lakers tonight

Funny you say that because I want to see how Farmar defends him.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#45 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,544 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2013 - 09:36 AM

I hope farmar is a plus defensivly

Steve Blake is also a decent defender

Hard to expect farmar to do anything before we see him play, tonight vs cp3 is a great test

#46 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Life seems right again- Lakers basketball is finally here! Give crybaby rivers a nice welcome to L.A. Lakeshow!

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#47 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 29, 2013 - 11:30 AM

Been waiting to say this for a while - Go Lakers !!! :rock:

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#48 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 988 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 29, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Let's make the whole league wrong! Go Lakers!

#49 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,015 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:02 PM

I'm gonna wait to see if we have a 5 point deficit how many posts will turn into "well we lose" like last year.

Last year if a team came within 5, "we lose" was pretty much going on for 10 posts.  It was ugly really and a lot of negative energy in the air to the point you wonder if 70% of the people in the threads were actually Lakers fans as 90% of them only showed up in games we were losing.

Games we were dominating, slow paced.. not a lot of people came.  The MOMENT we struggled we got 5 extra pages to the thread... *shutters*

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#50 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,778 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:16 PM

^Majesty, assuming a whooping occurs tonight, we know you will still find a silver lining in it somewhere.

#51 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:26 PM

The thing I like about tonights game is the very low expectations that everybody has for this team. And the over hyped over rated the Clippers are.   I can't blame people for picking the Lakers to lose.   Clippers have a better head coach. Clippers don't have injuries.  They are a younger team.  I never heard anybody even some lakers fan expect the Lakers to win tonight.  However, this is sports and anything can happen.  If the Lakers win tonight, it means the Clippers are over rated. It means the Lakers are a lot better than everybody thinks. And it will feel so good to prove everybody wrong.  The only bad thing about Lakers winning tonight is Mike D Antonio might get a contract extension from the lakers.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#52 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:31 PM

I'm gonna wait to see if we have a 5 point deficit how many posts will turn into "well we lose" like last year.

Last year if a team came within 5, "we lose" was pretty much going on for 10 posts.  It was ugly really and a lot of negative energy in the air to the point you wonder if 70% of the people in the threads were actually Lakers fans as 90% of them only showed up in games we were losing.

Games we were dominating, slow paced.. not a lot of people came.  The MOMENT we struggled we got 5 extra pages to the thread... *shutters*

Negativity and drama brings excitment to people. Its psychology 101 my friend.  How do you explain all the Reality TV shows on tv now a days? They don't put it out there because nobody watches.Those reality tv shows are full of drama, negativity and people yelling at each other. But people love that.  What is the number one tv show as of late? Breaking Bad right?  Last I check its not about people holding hands in breaking bad.  So the reason why messageboards are huge success on the internet is because of the negativity and the disagreements. If we all on here saying "lakers awesome, lets party"  nobody would want to read it cus its not interesting.   It is sad but thats just reality.  People love to watch car crashes.  People love to read negative post.   Not saying you need to be a negative nancy. In fact, bring positive in your life in order to be successful but reality is its not interesting.

Edited by epicwolf, October 29, 2013 - 12:33 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#53 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,778 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:36 PM

The thing I like about tonights game is the very low expectations that everybody has for this team. And the over hyped over rated the Clippers are.   I can't blame people for picking the Lakers to lose.   Clippers have a better head coach. Clippers don't have injuries.  They are a younger team.  I never heard anybody even some lakers fan expect the Lakers to win tonight.  However, this is sports and anything can happen.  If the Lakers win tonight, it means the Clippers are over rated. It means the Lakers are a lot better than everybody thinks. And it will feel so good to prove everybody wrong.  The only bad thing about Lakers winning tonight is Mike D Antonio might get a contract extension from the lakers.

I dont' see this one game as all that meaningful in the scheme of things for either team.  The first game of the year is ften not indicative of how a team will play the rest of the year, especially of there are a bunch of new players, a new system involved, a new coach etc.  Both teams can claim that to essentially be the case.

#54 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:48 PM

I dont' see this one game as all that meaningful in the scheme of things for either team.  The first game of the year is ften not indicative of how a team will play the rest of the year, especially of there are a bunch of new players, a new system involved, a new coach etc.  Both teams can claim that to essentially be the case.

I agree that the first game out of the 82 games a team have to play doesn't mean crap but it doesn't mean a Lakers win tonight doesn't make news.  There will be talks about it because I don't see anybody picking the Lakers to win tonight with all the stuff stack against them.  Heck even if the Lakers are healthy I doubt anybody pick them to beat the clippers.  I'll bet anything you dont think Lakers can win tonight.  So if the lakers win tonight, im sure it will be on espn and people will scratch their heads and wondered how.   Im not saying this game will determined who goes to the finals LOL.  Ofcourse not. Lakers  win tonight and lose 10 straight afterwards.  But you cant say its not a big deal for the lakers. 

#55 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,907 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hmm... what food to have with Lakers opener? I'm thinkin' some ultra nacho bean dip type ish

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

• 40,400 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 01:47 PM

I have a sentimiento that if the Lakers are to ever find themselves in any serious trouble or specifically in need of offense, Nick Young will really be key. He and or Farmar are the two guys on the perimeter, who are by far the best at creating their own shots & potentially playing with that ultra fire & passion, especially Nick, if he can get it going and get into a rhythm, he will not back down whatsoever & lead us back.

Hope I'm wrong of course, but I doubt Farmar or Blake are able to do much. Chris Paul is usually just simply Chris Paul. He's so good he often makes as well of guarded shots as possible, much like Kobe (although not as much of course, but still). You just gotta' try to do the best job you can do defensively, but at the end of the day, just hope he misses knowing he's gonna' make some really tough ones. Can't get discouraged.

Again, hope I'm wrong, but based on recent trends, even this being the regular season now & opening night, I honestly don't expect that much more activity than what we've been getting regardless. Sadly I feel a great number of fans will only start returning & posting more once the Mamba returns back.

^Majesty, assuming a whooping occurs tonight, we know you will still find a silver lining in it somewhere.

I wouldn't assume that as confidently as you, but I would rather say if, if it were me. Nonetheless though your point is right. There's no doubt Majesty's part will happen no matter what occurs. That's just how he rolls. Can't hate on that too much though. The only close to certain thing these days as far as criticism from him is Sir Jodie Meeks and rightfully so at least.

_http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nicCb3TTWAE

Minus the audio a definite minus, but the gif format a plus.

tumblr_lf1ndpAT691qfskbvo1_500.gif

Yeah it's suddenly chice in LA to be a Clippers fan.  If they have not seen a game at the Sports Arena, they are not a fan.  If they dont know who Benoit Benjamin, Ken Norman, the KandyMan and Jeff McGinnis are, they are wannabes.

Keith Closs, Piatkowski, Lamond Murray... Bet most of these folks don't even remember Luke's Father being the secondary announcer of the Clippers.

yo.

#57 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,907 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 01:58 PM

http://www.nba.com/l..._season_preview

wKNsigp.png

• 40,400 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Any of you guys think if this game is close near the end or anything, the Lakers will consider using the Hack-a-Jordan strategy? Would any of you be opposed to it even if it meant us winning the game & beating those punks?

yo.

#59 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,144 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Any of you guys think if this game is close near the end or anything, the Lakers will consider using the Hack-a-Jordan strategy? Would any of you be opposed to it even if it meant us winning the game & beating those punks?

I wont.  I dont get the crying about it in the first place. Even when Shaq was with us, i didnt mind them doing the hack a shaq.  Just make the damn free throws and it will stop

#60 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,117 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 29, 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hustle

Defend

Rebound

#HDR