Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,049 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 25, 2013 - 12:03 AM

he can dunk.. but what about shooting? dribbling? bball iq?

ap1.png

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,787 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 25, 2013 - 01:09 AM

Can do it all.  Needs to do it the entire game and remain focused.

That's Wiggins in a nutshell.

He has reactive talent.  At times can be out of control with it.

best way I can describe him is he is a guy standing at a fork in the road that has 20 different directions, each will arrive at the location in the same amount of time.  So he has a lot of moves, lot of reactive skills, game comes naturally to him and he's super athletic.

But at times he has an air of "I can win this whenever" and it causes him to get complacent BECAUSE of how easy the game comes to him.   Staying engaged for an entire game has been an issue at times, as has his overall focus, and his jump shot is inconsistent.

He literally has all the talent in the world but because of that he becomes disengaged because the game comes so easy for him.

That's why I'm predicting Jabari to have the better college career.  Jabari's focus and work ethic aren't in question and he's a talent as well and he has a jump shot and a sneaky game.

Wiggins is a thousand moves and super talent, but if he doesn't work on his jump shot and his focus that's where it's gonna stop at.  

I watched him in the exhibitions and in his Kansas debut.  I wasn't too impressed.

I saw him do moves that would get him wide open and then he'd miss the jump shot.  I saw him get to the lane like he did in high school but guys were mostly getting out of his way.  I saw him throw down monster dunks.   He is still searching for his identity because he literally has the talent to do it all. 

Once he focuses on his game and decides who he wants to be his game will come a lot more fluid, because as of right now it's almost as if he plays on reflex which is how easy he makes it look.

The problem is his complacency is a turn off, as is his inconsistent jumper.   He's great if he gets to the basket, but the spacing of college is different.  So I want to see how he deals with it. 

I'm not too blown away with him honestly.  I see a bunch of talent but I don't see the focus on the court as often.   Nor do I see the "max contract out of high school" hype that GM's were giving him.   I think his college career will be fine but he won't be "Wilt" like everyone is trying to put him on a pedestal as.   

One thing I will say is when he plays with an edge he's downright a beauty to watch... he doesn't play with that edge every night and that is the problem. 

He seems like a humble confident kid off the court.  But on the court he plays like he knows how good he is, and not in the "I'm gonna destroy you with my talent so you never have a chance" kind of way.  More of a "You're only in this because I let you be in it" kind of way.  And that can come back and bite you if you don't break yourself of it early.

So hopefully his coaches at Kansas see that and we see a more focused and engaged him as the season goes on.  There is a LOT of talent on that Kansas team so if he's complacent at any point he won't stand out as much as everyone thinks he will.

Edited by Majesty, October 25, 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,312 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 25, 2013 - 03:46 AM

But at times he has an air of "I can win this whenever" and it causes him to get complacent BECAUSE of how easy the game comes to him.   Staying engaged for an entire game has been an issue at times, as has his overall focus, and his jump shot is inconsistent.

He literally has all the talent in the world but because of that he becomes disengaged because the game comes so easy for him.

I think going into college will be good for him. With a bit of luck it will humble him a little bit going against guys who are a bit bigger and stronger. In high school he was able to win games on sheer athleticism alone. In the college, he'll have the same advantage, but it wont be as pronounced.

You may be right, that Parker has a better college career, but Wiggins will probably have the better pro career.

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted October 25, 2013 - 04:07 AM

Like I said a few times before, the system in Kansas will tame him a bit...which is a good thing, because at the end of the day, it's about Kansas basketball winning a national championship.

Furthermore, Bill Self not letting him loose will also keep him focused on the team aspect of the game, won't overuse him, won't make him prone to injury, and may soften that attitude of his.

There is no doubt in my mind that Wiggins can average 28 a game (Fredette and Curry pulled it off)...but I doubt it.  Not at Kansas, not in the High-Low Motion O.

#6 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 25, 2013 - 05:30 AM

tank season. draft him. screw 2013.

• 40,364 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 06:36 PM

Like I said a few times before, the system in Kansas will tame him a bit...which is a good thing, because at the end of the day, it's about Kansas basketball winning a national championship.

Furthermore, Bill Self not letting him loose will also keep him focused on the team aspect of the game, won't overuse him, won't make him prone to injury, and may soften that attitude of his.

There is no doubt in my mind that Wiggins can average 28 a game (Fredette and Curry pulled it off)...but I doubt it.  Not at Kansas, not in the High-Low Motion O.

RD, will you be going to any of his games this season?

yo.

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 12:54 AM

RD, will you be going to any of his games this season?

Yeah, more than likely.  I'm going to wait it out for a while, though...see how he looks.  Hoping to go on rivalry week.

#9 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,873 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 28, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Why not just go to his debut game? .. are tickets expensive or something?

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#10 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 10:36 PM

Why not just go to his debut game? .. are tickets expensive or something?

I've been working a lot.

#11 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,251 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted October 29, 2013 - 10:45 PM

Wiggins16 points against Pittsburg State in a exhibition game.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 10:53 PM

Wiggins16 points against Pittsburg State in a exhibition game.

Yeah, and it doesn't sound impressive, but those 16 were easy.  Bill Self didn't want the guys pushing too hard.  Pitt State is not DI basketball, and it was a blowout in the making, so he ran with basic playcalling all game long...watched this over that awful Heat/Bulls game.

#13 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,251 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted October 29, 2013 - 10:59 PM

yeah I heard that it was nothing special too. Didnt expect for him to go out and score 30 or something like that just an exhibition game and wanted to post what he did. Friday is going to be hard for me to decide to watch nba games or college games because I really wanna see Gators, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke and wanna see nba games too

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, October 29, 2013 - 11:08 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#14 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,907 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 30, 2013 - 05:58 AM

yeah I heard that it was nothing special too. Didnt expect for him to go out and score 30 or something like that just an exhibition game and wanted to post what he did. Friday is going to be hard for me to decide to watch nba games or college games because I really wanna see Gators, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke and wanna see nba games too

http://www.youtube.c...46HA_J9Lw#t=448

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#15 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,787 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 09, 2013 - 05:03 PM

Kansas debut when it counts

Access Sportsnet music lol I thought I was about to watch a Lakers game for a second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users