• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2013 - 03:06 PM

"During one three-hour practice, Wiggins misfired on jumper after jumper, took plays off and was practically invisible. Sure, he showed glimpses of the athleticism that have some putting him in elite company with NBA superstars.

He's been blessed with incredible talent -- the length, quickness and athleticism that few possess even at the NBA level.

But Wiggins eventually blended in during the practice last week. It wasn't the first time he's disappeared. In fact, Kansas coaches maintain that the 6-foot-8 Canadian has yet to be the best player on the floor in any of their practices thus far.

To take it one step further, he's rarely even one of the best two or three players on the floor."

http://www.nj.com/si.../10/post_2.html

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,697 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 22, 2013 - 03:20 PM

Well pretty much what I said about Wiggins from the times I was fortunate enough to see a game on youtube or highlights or even his Kansas games with the rest of them.

Like I said back then I'll say now, he's got an assortment of moves and a reactive ability, the game comes easy to him.

But his jumper is inconsistent and he gets disengaged at times and focus seems to be here and there.

It seems he has the mentality of a guy that KNOWS how good he is and plays like if he wanted to he could take over a game whenever he wants, and that's why people note his lack of 'intensity' because he has so much natural ability he doesn't seem to push it hard for the entire game, but in bursts here and there.

It's a big reason why I feel Jabari will have a better college career and a more complete game than him because Jabari is constantly working  to try to complete his game and has a work ethic that people compare to the higher ups, something like the kind of work ethic Kobe came into the league with in addition to his talent.

Wiggins in his demeanor on the court struck me as a guy with all the talent but lack of focus for an entire game or in general at times, if he's not careful will be another Lamar Odom before he's another LeBron James.

The focus and the jump shot needs work and if they don't get fine tuned in college then he won't be a bust but he won't be what he could have been, and there's been a long list of guys like that, currently Beasley is one.   All the talent, none of the focus.

This is another reason I want Wiggins to stay in college for more than just a year because he isn't NBA ready mentality wise or intensity wise, he KNOWS how good he is but that's a problem.   I hear he's a hard worker but it doesn't translate on the court as consistently as I'd like.  He can pull off 3 moves to completely lose a defender and miss a jump shot and looks generally bored in the game. 

Talent and Athleticism wise he is off the charts, mentality wise, he has work to do, and one year of college isn't gonna do that imo.   Spacing is different in college and every play of his isn't gonna end with an easy way to the lane and a dunk whenever he wants it, spacing and speed of the college game is different than high school and his game is gonna have to adjust for that, as is his jump shot.   He has a beautiful one step turnaround jumper fake, but if he clanks the jump shot it doesn't mean anything.

As of right now I've been more impressed with Jabari.    Then again when you're on the cover of sports illustrated and people are comparing you to Wilt in terms of dominance it goes to the head of anyone.  Hopefully it isn't detrimental to him in the long run.

Edited by Majesty, October 22, 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 03:34 PM

It wouldn't be right if external "forces" didn't work for teams with lesser chances.

Don't bite.

#4 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2013 - 03:45 PM

I saw him play at the  Nike Hoop Summit and wasn't very impressed.... But that was only one game.... Julius Randle was the player that I thought stood out.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#5 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 22, 2013 - 04:19 PM

ESPN loves to hate.....

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,697 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 04:20 PM

ESPN loves to hate.....

It's been said about him since High School that he gets 'disengaged' at times and needs to work on his focus as the game comes so easily to him he can be lackadaisical at times. If it's still being talked about now maybe there's a hint of truth there?   It's not like it's been a one time complaint.

#7 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 05:04 PM

He destroyed Jabari Parker.

Enough said.

#8 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2013 - 07:09 PM

It's been said about him since High School that he gets 'disengaged' at times and needs to work on his focus as the game comes so easily to him he can be lackadaisical at times. If it's still being talked about now maybe there's a hint of truth there?   It's not like it's been a one time complaint.

He still have plenty of time to learn..

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,697 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 08:58 PM

He destroyed Jabari Parker.

Enough said.

It only matters if he does that November 12th.

#10 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:05 PM

Sounds like Nick Young

#11 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 23, 2013 - 06:09 AM

It only matters if he does that November 12th.

nope.....destroying him is still destroying him.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,697 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 12:01 AM

nope.....destroying him is still destroying him.

Like I said, November 12th is where it is going to matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users