Photo

More Motivation For Kobe? NBA GM's Say James Harden Is Best SG In League, Not Kobe; Kobe Voted Toughest Player In The League

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

• 40,604 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:25 PM

I don't think Kobe needs it for the more motivation than he already has, I just think he enjoys having fun with it like anyone else would.   I doubt he 'needs' it for motivation, but at the same time it isn't gonna prevent him from having fun with it.

I don't think he needs it either. Never did. I'm simply saying it's pretty clear based off of evidence you can at least say he's payed attention to it & acknowledged it.

yo.

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,158 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:40 PM

I don't think he needs it either. Never did. I'm simply saying it's pretty clear based off of evidence you can at least say he's payed attention to it & acknowledged it.

yeah but there's no need to make a mountain out of a molehill because he's decided to have fun with it.   That's what social media is for.  If it was gonna "weaken" him he wouldn't have had such a great season last year ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,604 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:48 PM

If it was gonna "weaken" him he wouldn't have had such a great season last year

Right. If it affects him at all, it's only positively as far as his game. He's not the type to be sensitive to criticism or arguably lack of respect in a way where it gets to him badly and affects him negatively on the court a bit, never has. Far too tough, naturally motivated, focused, & strong-willed for that.

On your point about it probably being entertaining to him & him pulling strings. I can definitely see that, but I think it's a combination of him being amused while at the same time combining it & mixing it into some extra little motivation as well.

yo.

#44 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,713 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 24, 2013 - 04:18 AM

Love Kobe but its very likely D Wade and harden will vie for best SG this season with Kobe a really big ?.

So id say wade will use it as motivation as much as kobe.

Man there are some good combos in the league this year.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#45 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 24, 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'm a big Kobe fan. I think some of his game is better than Jordan's. But as I said months ago. There is a time when the torch gets passed. I'm a fan but I'm also a realist and Harden is a Beast. So much that MWP had to hit him with a wicked BOW to slow him down. Dwight made the right move for the future but oddly  I'm glad not to spend 20 mil a year on him. Now Kobe in his prime, I'm taking Kobe over ALL guards!! And none of this means Harden will get a ring before Kobe gets 6

Edited by lakersince75, October 24, 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#46 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,158 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 24, 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well last year Kobe was first in scoring among shooting guards, first in assists and first in rebounding and first in efficiency. 

So.... 

Kobe is still the best shooting guard in the league.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#47 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 24, 2013 - 11:05 PM

This could be the year Harden takes the torch from Kobe, but he hasn't as of last season. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users