Photo

More Motivation For Kobe? NBA GM's Say James Harden Is Best SG In League, Not Kobe; Kobe Voted Toughest Player In The League

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 22, 2013 - 12:30 PM

[Harden’s] probably better than him with a torn Achilles. 

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

2hf753r.jpg

#22 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 22, 2013 - 01:03 PM

^that made me lol too

haha, PROBABLY better

Posted Image

#23 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted October 22, 2013 - 02:00 PM

The fact that Kobe is still mentioned with today's players after playing 17 seasons is dope. But also, most of these polls are done by folk who have never played the game. I tale this with a grain of sand.

Im sure they've played basketball before. Its hard to believe that you're a GM in NBA and never played basketball.

#24 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,519 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 22, 2013 - 05:00 PM

I think guys are forgetting the injury probably has a huge factor in the opinion.  Not to mention James Harden is going to put up better stats this year due to usage alone.  If they are going to treat Kobe like Nash and run an 11 man rotation like they are saying Kobe won't avg enough minutes to justify being better anymore.  Kobe putting up a statline like 20/4/3 on 31MPG isn't going to look better than say 26/5/5 on 36MPG. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 07:44 PM

Not to mention James Harden is going to put up better stats this year due to usage alone.

Having Dwight now could either enhance his stats or decrease em' a bit. Could work either way, scoring-wise specifically.

yo.

#26 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,366 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 07:45 PM

The worst one wasn't even the SG

Chris Paul higher IQ than

Duncan, Kobe and Nash

Hahahahahahaha
Posted Image

#27 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,782 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted October 22, 2013 - 08:17 PM

LOL how much fuel kobe needs? I wouldnt be shocked if he comes back to his old style and just ripping everyone heart.. oh [expletive].. hes been doin it since 2001

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#28 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 23, 2013 - 11:38 AM

Kobe averaged 27 points or close to it ??...while leading the team in assists ?? I'm pretty sure he lead or was close to leading the League in minutes played?? After 17 seasons?? And their are still doubters?? Of course his age will turn his game, but if you are looking at what has be done....EVEN recently....how can people...experts or not question his game with silly polls that highlight what people seemimly want to happen??

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,519 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 04:24 PM

Well the rankings aren't based on what Kobe has done over 17 years it's based on what his impact will be in the coming season. By your logic if MJ came out of retirement they should bump him to #1 due to his resume.  With Kobe rehabbing and not even playing at the moment who would you consider the best SG?  If they plan on bringing Kobe along slowly and if Harden is balling out (which he should) how does he not rank better?  

The argument isn't about who is the best of all time.  Kobe's status is solidified at this point.  Harden isn't touching his all time ranking. 

Kobe averaged 27 points or close to it ??...while leading the team in assists ?? I'm pretty sure he lead or was close to leading the League in minutes played?? After 17 seasons?? And their are still doubters?? Of course his age will turn his game, but if you are looking at what has be done....EVEN recently....how can people...experts or not question his game with silly polls that highlight what people seemimly want to happen??

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#30 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,519 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 04:25 PM

By the logic that Kobe isn't #2 Dwade shouldn't even be behind James Harden, but not one person on this board will make that argument. 

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 06:48 PM

Turtle from Entourage defends Kobe on the taking the last shot voting:

lakerent.jpg

yo.

#32 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,895 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:10 PM

If Kobe's motivation comes from internet polls and subjective ranking bull, then something is wrong with Kobe.

The only motivation is to win.  Everything else (especially opinions of the press) is completely pointless.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:12 PM

If Kobe's motivation comes from internet polls and subjective ranking bull, then something is wrong with Kobe.

The only motivation is to win. 

Of course that's not his only motivation. He's motivated to begin with by default. It's in his nature, but you can't deny that things like this only add even more fuel to his fire.

yo.

#34 fido

fido

• 11,895 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:13 PM

If they do, like I said, then something is wrong with Kobe.  He's got plenty of motivation.  Win number 6 to tie Jordan, win number 17 to tie the Celtics.  That's enough right there.

Paying attention to people in the press and general talking heads is nothing but a distraction.  It's motivation for fans, not for players.  And if it is, then that player needs to back away and re-assess things.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:17 PM

^ With all due respect, I don't think you're one to be telling Kobe what to do or what to find motivation in. He's even acknowledged in his past that he HAS drawn motivation from things like this.

#amnesythat ring a bell?

The changing of the avatar? 1225? C'mon man.

yo.

#36 fido

fido

• 11,895 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, and that's a problem.

Kobe used to not pay attention to this, lately he's paying too much attention to it.  It's not where motivation should be coming from.  If this is playing a factor then his focus is off kilter.  When you have down time like he has wit this injury,. I'm sure he's reading too many articles and watching too many things about his legacy.

Also, I'm not telling Kobe anything, he has no idea who I am, or what this board is.  I'm expressing my opinion, that's all.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:25 PM

My point is you stated that player needs to back away & re-assess things. Really? You honestly feel entitled enough to believe Kobe doesn't have a better idea of what he's doing? You act like this is concerning instead of seeing it as a positive, which most people would, considering it's Kobe Bryant we're talking about here.

yo.

#38 fido

fido

• 11,895 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:36 PM

So you're arguing my opinion with me?  Kinda what makes it my opinion.

I'm going by the history of Kobe Bryant.  He didn't pay attention to these things before he had a lot of off time on his hands.  That off time has him too focused on the press's opinion on things.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm going by the history of Kobe Bryant.  He didn't pay attention to these things before he had a lot of off time on his hands.  That off time has him too focused on the press's opinion on things.

So the Mark Cuban amnesty that!, didn't happen while he was playing and didn't have a lot of off time on his hands?

Edited by    , October 23, 2013 - 09:24 PM.

yo.

#40 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,196 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:23 PM

The thing is, somehow I think Kobe does those things to make the media and such talk about it more than he actually is lol

Maybe he's sitting back like "DANCE PUPPETS DANCE MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Him going "amnestythat" I'm sure he was gonna have a good game against Dallas anyway.  

It's just Kobe doing social media like one would use social media.    He just put 1225 and then did nothing else and the media talks about it for a week.

I don't think Kobe needs it for the more motivation than he already has, I just think he enjoys having fun with it like anyone else would.   I doubt he 'needs' it for motivation, but at the same time it isn't gonna prevent him from having fun with it.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users