Photo

NFL Scout: “LeBron James would dominate the NFL.”; LeBron: “I want to play one NFL game before it’s over”

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:52 PM

I think his height would make it easier for defenders to clip his legs.

Part of the reason why Jerome Bettis would bulldoze through defenses is because his relatively short stature gave him a low center of gravity, which made it more difficult for defenses to knock him off balance.

Edit: NVM my post was in regards to Lebron as a kick returner or Fullback lol, he would be a nightmare cover as a tight end.

Edited by reryo, October 23, 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#22 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 24, 2013 - 10:50 AM

lol. better than them based on what?  size differential is moot in the nfl.  Can he run routes? can he catch? how fast is he on the field? if he can do those three things.. he could be a monster potentially. 

Last I checked Wes Welker was the lil guy that for the past 4 season defenses cant figure out how to stop. Even after switching teams...lol. Size only matters if you have the talent and the preparation.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 24, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Edit: NVM my post was in regards to Lebron as a kick returner or Fullback lol, he would be a nightmare cover as a tight end.

Till a guy like Pat Willis or Clay Mathews pummels him after a reception and after Bron starts to hear footsteps on every throw his way.

College Heisman winners have problems with this after they enter the NFL and get hit....imagine Bron who flops because Paul George barely makes contact with him. And bron walks around for 4 mins holding his shoulder like he got laid out.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#24 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,713 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 24, 2013 - 11:49 AM

Till a guy like Pat Willis or Clay Mathews pummels him after a reception and after Bron starts to hear footsteps on every throw his way.

College Heisman winners have problems with this after they enter the NFL and get hit....imagine Bron who flops because Paul George barely makes contact with him. And bron walks around for 4 mins holding his shoulder like he got laid out.

not to mention there are guys that are licking their chops to hit bron bron

ap1.png

#25 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,195 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 26, 2013 - 12:32 AM

Lebron at TE would be unstoppable

Basically any athletic SG-PF in the nba with good hands would dominate the nfl.

Imagine javal McGee on a end zone route where you jus throw he ball up and he goes and gets it

#26 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,713 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 12:45 AM

Imagine javal McGee on a end zone route where you jus throw he ball up and he goes and gets it

uh no

ap1.png

#27 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,533 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 26, 2013 - 05:07 AM

After all his flooping
I like to see what he does after he is hit really hard
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#28 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,004 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 11:59 AM

I agree, NBA athletes have the best physical tools in the world and would dominate a sport like football. Imagine if a guy like Shannon Brown would of went with the NFL route?

#29 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 27, 2013 - 12:07 PM

I agree, NBA athletes have the best physical tools in the world and would dominate a sport like football. Imagine if a guy like Shannon Brown would of went with the NFL route?

Sarcasm?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#30 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,004 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Being serious dude, nba athletes are more freakish. A lot of fringy nba players would be superstars in the nfl if they chose that route instead.

#31 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,713 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 05:28 PM

Being serious dude, nba athletes are more freakish. A lot of fringy nba players would be superstars in the nfl if they chose that route instead.

no. :facepalm:  A lot of things change when pads are put on, and when scheme comes into play.  If this was backyard football, maybe they would do good on jump balls only. NFL is a different ball game and the avg. career length is like three years. I doubt Shannon could get off press coverage. 

Defensively though, i'd light to see Artest in a Strong saftey, outside line backer role.

Edited by RobBlake, October 27, 2013 - 05:30 PM.

ap1.png

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 27, 2013 - 06:10 PM

More sarcasm?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,416 posts
  • Name:Matt

Posted October 27, 2013 - 07:09 PM

Artest would get burned so hard if he played defense in the NFL.

#34 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,004 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 08:34 PM

So you guys really don't think if an athlete like Shannon Brown committed to playing football instead of basketball, that he wouldn't be a star in the NFL or atleast college football?

Just off pure tools, Shannon brown would get a camp invite and maybe even a contract today.

#35 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,713 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 10:40 PM

College football is waaaay different than NFL speed and power. He would have a chance in college just like any other naturally athletic person, doesn't mean he could make it in the NFL. There are people just as athletic as Shannon and they don't even get drafted

So you guys really don't think if an athlete like Shannon Brown committed to playing football instead of basketball, that he wouldn't be a star in the NFL or atleast college football?

Just off pure tools, Shannon brown would get a camp invite and maybe even a contract today.

ap1.png

• 40,548 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 10:46 PM

One thing that's not being mentioned a lot here though outside of athleticism is size. Majority of NBA players have a height advantage. That could certainly help as well creating many mismatches.

yo.

#37 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,713 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 10:51 PM

One thing that's not being mentioned a lot here though outside of athleticism is size. Majority of NBA players have a height advantage. That could certainly help as well creating many mismatches.

They do. Just like Megatron is 6'5 and went off for 300 yards today.  But do they have hands, and can they take a hit throughout a game.. can their body last? How agile are they? how fast are they on the field?  Im not totally dismissing the idea. There are a couple tightends  that played college bball

Edited by RobBlake, October 27, 2013 - 10:54 PM.

ap1.png

• 40,548 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 10:55 PM

^ Look at J. Thomas for the Broncos. Guy was a sub-par player in college ball, never really had a shot for the NBA, barely started playing football a few years back for the first time ever and is now having tremendous success in the NFL. Of course Peyton Manning is his QB, but still.

yo.

#39 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,713 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 11:02 PM

^ Look at J. Thomas for the Broncos. Guy was a sub-par player in college ball, never really had a shot for the NBA, barely started playing football a few years back for the first time ever and is now having tremendous success in the NFL. Of course Peyton Manning is his QB, but still.

The two sports are pretty different  from what it needs from their players, physical wise. It is an interesting thought. I don't think it is easy for any player to come from the nba and be an instant star in the NFL

ap1.png

• 40,548 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 11:08 PM

^ Agreed, not for just "any" player certainly, but I think the biggest thing for whomever would be willing to make the switch or try to is obviously the mental aspect of being able to take all the punishment & tolerating it enough to last. Obviously not everyone is willing to go through that. That's the biggest hurdle I think one has to face or overcome to even give themselves a chance to begin with. If you can't do that or can't get your mind right to be tough enough & hang, then don't even bother. As much as they've softend up the game a bit over the years, it is still the most physical sport in nature and you've gotta' have a whole nother' mentality.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users