Photo

NFL Scout: “LeBron James would dominate the NFL.”; LeBron: “I want to play one NFL game before it’s over”

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 06:18 PM

UPDATE:

NFL Scout: “LeBron James would dominate the NFL.”

Scout One: “I really believe that in a matter of a few months, after some serious practice and contact, he’d be the best non-quarterback player in football. He’d play tight end, and he’d be better than [Rob Gronkowski] or any other tight end. He’d be better than Megatron. LeBron James would dominate the NFL.”

Scout Two: “My question would be what would happen once the hitting started? I also don’t think he’d be able to block, which would be a liability to some degree—but there have been great tight ends who couldn’t block. In today’s game, blocking by the tight end isn’t as huge a deal as it once was. … He’d be an impossible matchup. He’d draw a pass inference penalty every play. You couldn’t cover him with one guy. The Megatron comparison is a good one. Megaton is what [6'5"], and LeBron is [6'8"] and can run probably faster. He’s young, still (28). He’d be in that Megatron mold only bigger, stronger, faster. Think about a [receiver] that would be better than Megatron, better than [Gronkowski]. A lot better. That would be LeBron.”

lebron-dominate-nfl.jpg

Read more at
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/10/nfl-scout-lebron-james-would-dominate-the-nfl/#XmSo4V3zt8O8sWG7.99

lebron-james.jpg

KingJames_bigger.jpg
LeBron James         @KingJames

"@TylerC_2: @KingJames would you ever consider playing in one pro football game? In any league?"(I wanna play one NFL game before it's over)
8:41 PM - 18 Oct 2013

LBJ-Football.jpg

Edited by    , October 23, 2013 - 09:23 PM.

yo.

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,826 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 20, 2013 - 06:26 PM

i would support this. He would be a beast TE or wildcat QB/RB.. hell how are his routes? lol

ap1.png

#3 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2013 - 06:27 PM

I WANNA SEE THIS

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,459 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 20, 2013 - 08:20 PM

He should go do t a few times before the season starts  :cool2:

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 20, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Best and worst time to do it is now. No one wants to see him do it when he's old. No one wants to see him do it now and get injured.

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 20, 2013 - 08:45 PM

not interested

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 08:46 PM

^ Really? I thought you'd at least wanna' see him get his ass handed to him.

yo.

#8 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,173 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted October 20, 2013 - 08:52 PM

I for one am all for that ^^ lol

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Imagine one hit to the head on LeBron, yikes. I think he'd be regretting that decision of his right away.

Although sadly, he may just be able to get away with some of his epic flopping even in the NFL much like Andrew Luck showed tonight to win the game.

yo.

#10 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,826 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Well it isn't like lebron is built like an Durant. James can take a hit with his tank like body. I wonder what his vertical is

ap1.png

#11 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,001 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted October 20, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Dude would be a beast I think, and I see WR's sliding now so taking a hit part is okay lol. Just use him in the redzone! 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#12 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,873 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2013 - 10:03 PM

i would laugh at the vast majority of the league saying this, but if anyone could pull it off without getting seriously injured, its him

Posted Image

#13 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,596 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 21, 2013 - 05:33 AM

More Bron ego B.S. The guy is a egocentric maniac and this shows it yet again.

I dont gaf what his physique is. NFL players are conditioned to take hits, get up and take another. Bron gets a lil contact by a PG playing D when hes driving the lane and cries and runs around the court. NFL is a whole different animal. 6'-8", 240lbs dont mean crap in the NFL. Your just a bigger target.

Even the contact that doesn't appear as hard....it looks that way because its multiple guys that have physically conditioned their bodies for multiple years for that kinda impact. Simply put, NFL players make it look easy. However if a guy whos not prepared physically (Like Lebron) were to absorb NFL caliber contact 2+ times in a quarter....he wouldn't be walking right for weeks. Bron is out of his depth if he thinks he can just walk on and take that contact. The NFL trainers wouldn't even let him do something that naive. A coach wouldnt even play him because they know he will get broke. Unless it was all just some pre ordained gimmick novelty to have him come in and catch a few slants and then exit. And the opposing team was in on it for good NFL PR.

Sure...anyone rookie can catch a few passes and slide to avoid a hit. But how many times is a NFL defense going to let a guy get away with that? lol. It gets to be a pride thing. And then defenses make you a target.

No Lebron, or any long time NBA players wouldnt have a chance in the NFL. Shaq would have made a good defensive linemen because of his size and agility. But he would of had to go that route out of HS ball. Played a few years at LSU against SEC teams and fully condition for a future grueling NFL training camp. 

And if bron would have played college football...maybe he would have had the mechanics and ability to play after he was conditioned. But not outta HS....lmao. And not now. Ya cant just do it because you believe you can, not w/o getting seriously hurt anyways.

Edited by LakersGAFan, October 21, 2013 - 05:40 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#14 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 21, 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'd like to see him introduced to reality by Patrick Willis, Suggs, etc

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#15 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,101 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 06:59 AM

I remember him talking about this a few years ago or so as well.

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 21, 2013 - 08:38 AM

Nope

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,603 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 06:34 PM

NFL Scout: “LeBron James would dominate the NFL.”

Scout One: “I really believe that in a matter of a few months, after some serious practice and contact, he’d be the best non-quarterback player in football. He’d play tight end, and he’d be better than [Rob Gronkowski] or any other tight end. He’d be better than Megatron. LeBron James would dominate the NFL.”

Scout Two: “My question would be what would happen once the hitting started? I also don’t think he’d be able to block, which would be a liability to some degree—but there have been great tight ends who couldn’t block. In today’s game, blocking by the tight end isn’t as huge a deal as it once was. … He’d be an impossible matchup. He’d draw a pass inference penalty every play. You couldn’t cover him with one guy. The Megatron comparison is a good one. Megaton is what [6'5"], and LeBron is [6'8"] and can run probably faster. He’s young, still (28). He’d be in that Megatron mold only bigger, stronger, faster. Think about a [receiver] that would be better than Megatron, better than [Gronkowski]. A lot better. That would be LeBron.”

lebron-dominate-nfl.jpg

lebron-james.jpg

Read more at
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/10/nfl-scout-lebron-james-would-dominate-the-nfl/#XmSo4V3zt8O8sWG7.99

Edited by    , October 23, 2013 - 06:35 PM.

yo.

#18 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:13 PM

Better than Megaton? That's disrespectful!

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#19 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,826 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:30 PM

lol. better than them based on what?  size differential is moot in the nfl.  Can he run routes? can he catch? how fast is he on the field? if he can do those three things.. he could be a monster potentially. 

ap1.png

#20 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,627 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted October 23, 2013 - 09:32 PM

I think he could play. Would be cool to see, I don't think he'll ever do it though because it's just too much too risk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users