#83 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,653 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2013 - 09:32 PM

Tkain exactly what I was thinking he is too passive

Is the coach making him park it in the post?

They are almost playing a 4 out 1 in with him?
He goes to the post and parks it

Finally he moves to te ball

Makes a jumper

Then steal
Boom
Huge dunk! And 1!

Almost ball game

Parker fouls out on the foul!

#84 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,355 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted November 12, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Lets go Wiggins!!

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#85 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted November 12, 2013 - 09:50 PM

Wiggins in Toronto is going to be crazy

#86 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 12, 2013 - 11:44 PM

I think parker is better.

#87 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 12, 2013 - 11:47 PM

So refreshing to see Parker foul out, trailing Wiggins on that break and basically attempting to soar and block his shot to save the game.  A huge fist-pump from me...and it was one of those Kobe ones, Kobe face and all.

So much garbage on Twitter about Wiggins scoring just six points in the first half...but it took Parker 12-13 minutes in the second half to score four (and Wiggins only played 9-10 minutes that first half, took a fraction of the shots Jabari did).

Better yet, the Wiggins surge at the end won the game.  Bill Self knew what he was doing all along.

#88 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2013 - 12:40 AM

I don't like either team TBH. Parker is gonna be a force tho. Wiggins is sooo thin, he needs to put on some weight, overall good showing from both.

#89 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 03:45 AM

So refreshing to see Parker foul out, trailing Wiggins on that break and basically attempting to soar and block his shot to save the game. A huge fist-pump from me...and it was one of those Kobe ones, Kobe face and all.

So much garbage on Twitter about Wiggins scoring just six points in the first half...but it took Parker 12-13 minutes in the second half to score four (and Wiggins only played 9-10 minutes that first half, took a fraction of the shots Jabari did).

Better yet, the Wiggins surge at the end won the game. Bill Self knew what he was doing all along.

Completely agree. So many people were bashing wiggins despite him not even playing in the firs half

But when push came to shove wiggins won the game because he's the better player

He will always be the better player. It's not even a contest

Wiggins is a once In a decade player. Funny how when he wasn't on the bench and actually in the game he out produced parker

Funny how when he was put on Parker he shut him down

Parker is a talent, but he's slow, he's nowhere near the athlete wiggins is.

The talent disparity is huge. When wiggins polishes his game it won't even be a question. One will be a top 3 player in the NBA within 4 years

The other will be a 2nd tier superstar like Paul pierce and Carmelo Anthony before him
Posted Image

#90 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 03:47 AM

I think parker is better.

At shooting. That's it.

Wiggins is a better defender, rebounder, penetrator, both are equal passers and ball handlers

Wiggins is on another stratosphere athletically from parker
Posted Image

#91 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,941 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 13, 2013 - 06:41 AM

Once Wiggins jumper gets smoothed out - watch out. 

The GM with the #1 pick is going to have a terrible time passing on his athleticism.   I kind of imagine that Kobe would've looked about like this had he played a year in college. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#92 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,264 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 13, 2013 - 07:13 AM

Parker needs to hit the gym and get his body in check.

#93 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,941 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 13, 2013 - 08:26 AM

My understanding is he hurt his foot last year, and then, reportedly, became out of shape.  I think he'll be fine.  That one-handed catch and slam on the alley-oop showed me a lot about his athleticism.  Imagine, to your point, the same guy with more lean muscle. 

Parker

needs to hit the gym and get his body in check.

All 3 of these guys are great. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#94 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,653 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted November 13, 2013 - 08:29 AM

Real deal

What did you think of wiggins repeatedly going to the post and trying to post up down the stretch?

Was this part of the Kansas offense?
Was this just wiggins doing it on his own?
For 6-8 trips down the floor, he just went to the post, and stood there, not moving, not cutting... Of course, the jump shot and the dunk is all anyone will remember, but his positioning on the court confused me down the stretch...

#95 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 13, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Watched the game. I can't say too much since it was one game, but severly unimpressed by Wiggins. Parker is everything I thought he would be for the duke squad been watching him all year being a Duke guy. His game is on another level compared to wiggins right now.

People say Wiggins disappears in stretches, yea he does whenever the game is in the half court. Didn't see any of the hype people have said about this kid. Julius Randle looks more like the dominant force Wiggins was suppose to be.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 13, 2013 - 09:39 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#96 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,471 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 13, 2013 - 10:32 AM

Wiggins plays like a player that is a momentum player, Parker plays like a player that is there for the entire stretch. 

Wiggins late surge is what people talk about but the overwhelming opinion is that right now Parker played like the more complete player.   Agreed.

Wiggins has a fantastic team around him and they have some of the greatest talent so they can afford to not suffer during those kinds of stretches.

It was a very fun game last night to watch both guys did their thing, but I agree with the majority, Parker looks the more complete player right now.    Wiggins did great with his surge late and the one step back jumper they are talking about, but Parker was the guy that was there the whole game and stayed engaged.  We saw the good and the bad from Wiggins last night and we saw basically what we always see from Jabari.    Some people are talking about what Wiggins did in less minutes, but the reason he got less minutes was because he got himself in foul trouble early, not as a well thought out plan by Self.    That is something he needs to work on.

Either way, great first matchup between these two.

Edited by Majesty, November 13, 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#97 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Ya wiggins disappeared while he was sitting on the bench

It's funny how this is conveniently ignored, by everyone
Posted Image

#98 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Watched the game. I can't say too much since it was one game, but severly unimpressed by Wiggins. Parker is everything I thought he would be for the duke squad been watching him all year being a Duke guy. His game is on another level compared to wiggins right now.

People say Wiggins disappears in stretches, yea he does whenever the game is in the half court. Didn't see any of the hype people have said about this kid. Julius Randle looks more like the dominant force Wiggins was suppose to be.

OJ mayo looked much better than Derrick rose in college. Outperformed him statistically in every category

Michael Beasley also looked much better than Derrick rose and outperformed him big time statistically

But wait, why is Derrick rose 10 times the player of either of them?

Because college is built for players like Parker and randle. College is built for jump shooters. It's why I said Parker would out produce wiggins in college

College is built for rebounders and downlow guys that's why beasley was so impressive in college because the competition is shorter and he could take advantage by being a tweener

Wiggins is going to be the better pro just like Derrick rose because in the NBA there isn't free reign to camp the paint. You can't double while crowding the paint for the entire shot clock. The NBA is about beating your man and wiggins will do that and do that much better than Parker

The jumper will get there, his form is good, but wiggins is going to be one of those guys that gets to the basket at will.

Parker scored the majority of his points on jumpers last night. Struggled pretty mightily when wiggins defended him

Wiggins was benched, didn't play the same minutes as Parker and still produced on a similar level. And defensively it's not even a competition

Parker was getting beat off the dribble by college centers. I can already see a significant defensive liability just like Carmelo
Posted Image

#99 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2013 - 11:33 AM

:eh: its so hard to choose between the two. I wish Bill Self would let wiggins go all out for once so we can see what he can actually do.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#100 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2013 - 11:39 AM

At shooting. That's it.

Wiggins is a better defender, rebounder, penetrator, both are equal passers and ball handlers

Wiggins is on another stratosphere athletically from parker

Parker is better at everything TBH. Wiggins just has the extreme upside since he's freakishly athletic. But Skill wise, Parker is far better and it ain't even close.

Edit- Wiggins might get the nod defensively I guess.

Edited by Paris, November 13, 2013 - 11:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users