#41 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,354 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:41 PM

It's perfectly reasonable - They are a completely different team than us. They pay the rent, so they're allowed to do what they want. It's not like they're desecrating/vandalizing our banners - lots of overreaction going on here.

Thanks for being perfectly reasonable Laker fan 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#42 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Can we get into some kind of legal battle to get them out of our building?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#43 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,354 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 19, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Can we get into some kind of legal battle to get them out of our building?

To be fair, both Clippers and Lakers both started playing in 99 at Staples 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#44 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 19, 2013 - 01:22 PM

Seems pretty amateurish for professional teams to share a arena/stadium

Pau Gasol is GONE

#45 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,921 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 19, 2013 - 01:27 PM

To be fair, both Clippers and Lakers both started playing in 99 at Staples 

to be fair, since '99 the Lakers have won 5 championships to the Clippers 1 pacific division championship.

2div

#46 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 02:25 PM

It's perfectly reasonable - They are a completely different team than us. They pay the rent, so they're allowed to do what they want. It's not like they're desecrating/vandalizing our banners - lots of overreaction going on here.

Laker fans shouldn't be upset. I'm not

Clipper fans should be upset. This is an insecurity thing, this is a franchise embarrassed of the shadow hanging over their franchise and instead of embracing the challenge of fixing that they are hiding from it
Posted Image

#47 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 19, 2013 - 02:52 PM

awww, thats cute...

Posted Image

#48 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 19, 2013 - 03:06 PM

lol I just posted this to inform LN. not overreacting.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#49 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 19, 2013 - 03:39 PM

I dont care what anybody says that's disrespectful all of a sudden because they won something they want to grow some balls to try to have a say so.lol what a joke that team is

#50 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,717 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 19, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Seems pretty amateurish for professional teams to share a arena/stadium

Not really. From an economics standpoint, an arena and its owners (not tenants) benefit most by having it filled as many nights of the year as possible. Its why the kings and lakers shared the forum before staples and why staples really lucked out with lakers, clippers, kings, sparks (cough). I remember reading when it opened that the Lakers got a much better deal than the clippers did but cant remember the particulars.  

And trust me, from speaking with arena employees in food and beverage, to aisle guards, to ticket takers, to the rest room attendants...they all are very happy to have more games and more teams as they have more work and make more money because of it.

I think the banners are covered during various concerts there...can anyone confirm? The only band ive seen there is van halen and i think there was black curtain draped over banners. No big whoop.

Edited by kball, October 19, 2013 - 03:58 PM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#51 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 19, 2013 - 04:58 PM

Staples lucked out that all the home teams are now contenders. 

#52 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 05:04 PM

I've talked to a few Clippers fans about this and suprisingly they were all against it.  They said it makes their franchise look childish.

From what I read yesterday, this decision was made by Doc Rivers. Sadly this decision had Celtic written all over it.

#53 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 19, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Don't care. Clips can suck it. What are they gonna do? Cover LAL Chip banners with LAC Participation banner?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#54 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 19, 2013 - 05:17 PM

I've talked to a few Clippers fans about this and suprisingly they were all against it.  They said it makes their franchise look childish.

Respect. Gotta have pride, even if you don't got the chip. 

#55 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,163 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 19, 2013 - 05:29 PM

From what I read yesterday, this decision was made by Doc Rivers. Sadly this decision had Celtic written all over it.

Hey if he wants to cover up the banners and act like "who? What succes.s..what Lakers??"

Instead of saying "Look up there! Not a single white banner, not a single banner that says "clippers" ,  the organization wanted us to cover it this year... but I told them no! Why?  Because every time you walk into this arena I WANT YOU to look up at those banners! I want you to hate those banners! I want you to let those banners fuel and motivate you!! I want you to work to change the landscape!! Because I tell you one thing, when ours goes up there, amongst all that gold.. it will be the one that stands out the most. 

We aren't running from those banners, or these jerseys on the wall.  We're gonna start adding our own!! Right up there with Magic's jersey, I want to see Paul!  I want to see Griffin!! I want to see Jord....I want to see CP3! Now if you're with me.... let's get that started.. THIS YEAR!!!  You look up at those jerseys and say 'I'm coming for ya!' you look up at those banners and say 'We're coming for ya!' you look up at those banners and say YOUR TIME HAS PASSED... ours has just began.  So every time you look up at those banners, I want you to remember that."  

If Rivers would rather pass up the chance for a speech like that to say "oh just cover them up so we don't have to look at them."

That's just fine, personally I think the speech would have been more effective. lol

Edited by Majesty, October 19, 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#56 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 19, 2013 - 07:04 PM

To Cover the Banners with accomplishments is one thing, but to cover with the Faces of current players......... is reaching.....Its like WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING

Doc Cry Me A Rivers is full of stunts, TV Drama, and made for TV speeches

Covering up only invites more attention to what's under what's being covered up....Which leads to more interveiws for Doc

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#57 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 19, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hey if he wants to cover up the banners and act like "who? What succes.s..what Lakers??"

Instead of saying "Look up there! Not a single white banner, not a single banner that says "clippers" ,  the organization wanted us to cover it this year... but I told them no! Why?  Because every time you walk into this arena I WANT YOU to look up at those banners! I want you to hate those banners! I want you to let those banners fuel and motivate you!! I want you to work to change the landscape!! Because I tell you one thing, when ours goes up there, amongst all that gold.. it will be the one that stands out the most. 

We aren't running from those banners, or these jerseys on the wall.  We're gonna start adding our own!! Right up there with Magic's jersey, I want to see Paul!  I want to see Griffin!! I want to see Jord....I want to see CP3! Now if you're with me.... let's get that started.. THIS YEAR!!!  You look up at those jerseys and say 'I'm coming for ya!' you look up at those banners and say 'We're coming for ya!' you look up at those banners and say YOUR TIME HAS PASSED... ours has just began.  So every time you look up at those banners, I want you to remember that."  

If Rivers would rather pass up the chance for a speech like that to say "oh just cover them up so we don't have to look at them."

That's just fine, personally I think the speech would have been more effective. lol

Is Doc this insecure?? Hell yeah!!

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#58 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 07:14 PM

The Lakers have 12 championship banners — Minneapolis has its five titles on one banner — and 10 retired jerseys, including Chick Hearn's microphone retired jersey.

"Well, I didn't look at it as the banner thing," Rivers maintained. "I just look at it as putting our guys up."

Rivers had the banners of Jamal Crawford, Blake Griffin, J.J. Redick, DeAndre Jordan, Jared Dudley, Chris Paul and Matt Barnes all put up on the wall.

The Kings' championship banner was still up on the opposite side of the arena.

Rivers was asked why he didn't put up his banners on the same side as the Kings' banner.

"Listen, I think this is our arena when we play," Rivers said. "So I just thought it would be good that we show our guys. No disrespect to them. But when we play, it's the Clippers' arena as far as I know."

Jordan has been with the Clippers for five seasons and he always wondered why the Lakers had their banners at the forefront.

"You've got to give those [Lakers] guys credit. They won championships so they have the right to put them up," Jordan said. "But at the same time, it doesn't say Lakers Arena outside. It says Staples."

http://www.latimes.c...y#axzz2i91hJ9Tb

It's funny that a reporter called him out about putting stuff up on the opposite side of the arena.  This is really reminding me of a few years ago when Elton Brand cried to the media about it being time they changed the color of the purple seats to red because it was "their time now".

Clippers can do what they want when it's their home games. That's not the issue.  The issue is covering up NBA history.  Could you imagine if the Kings or Sparks covered up the banners just because "it's also their arena"?  It's definitely silly when you look at it that way.

#59 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,163 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 19, 2013 - 07:38 PM

And Deandre it doesn't say Clippers arena outside either so why are you putting your stuff up? ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#60 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,517 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted October 19, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Banners of JJ Reddick and Matt Barnes? Lulz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users