Photo

Lakers vs Warriors In Shanghai Highlights (10/18/13)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,807 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 18, 2013 - 09:51 AM

Nice.

Alright here's how this game went

D'antoni tried a new starting lineup today, didn't start Kaman and Gasol.

When Kaman was with Gasol in the 2nd we went on a 10-0 run which got us the lead going into halftime(we won the first quarter as well. At the end of the 2nd we stopped Golden State on 5 straight trips to close the half.

In the 3rd we went REAL small with new bench rotations experimenting because Farmar and Wes are back, here's how that went.

@LakersReporter 

It's Blake-Meeks-Young-Johnson-Gasol, another new line up, to start the 3rd Q, small w/Johnson at the 4.

This group w/Johnson at the 4's been fun to watch. Everybody touched it before the 2nd Meeks 3, putting LAL up 63-58.

Klay Thompson's on fire tonight, now 8 for 11 after drilling his 3rd triple. LAL w/in 3 after Hill's first bucket, 71-68.

Like in Beijing, GSW's starters have blown it open against LAL's bench, this time late in the 3rd. Big run has LAL down 84-70.

Mark Jackson may be resting the starters in the 4th, but they beat up on Kaman/Landry/Meeks/Farmar/Henry. GSW = 11 of 19 from 3.

So some success in the 3rd but ultimately Golden State's starters took the lead against that lineup after we pushed it a bit.

Nash only played the first half and looked good.  No one could hit threes today.  Although Gasol having "fun" did a triple threat faceup on Steph Curry and then drained a 3 in his face that had the bench and D'antoni laughing :laughing:

4th Quarter was end of the bench.

Alright, so the takeaways from this game are, that Kaman and Gasol thus far have been our best starting lineup so I can see D'antoni sticking with that and he's basically trying to find the best places for Farmar and Wes right now cause they missed so much time and he tried out new things.   Wes played well today as a glue and hustle guy apparently as did Farmar. 

Nash only played the first half but hit some ridiculous shots.

Blake looked good in terms of his court vision today, setting up some good assists and didn't have a terrible shooting performance.

Everyone was bad from three today.

Landry had a nice poster-ish dunk today but I don't think it makes him on the team.

Wes apparently looked like that intangible guy, was taking down rebounds and wasn't playing outside of the system, took opportune shots but was mostly hustling.    This I'm fine with.  I don't expect 15 ppg from him unless he's wide open all of the time and the defense is completely playing off him.  Seems more glue guy that does 'the little things' rather than a superstar.   I'm fine with that.

Gasol had 16/7/4 which was nice
Kaman off the bench had 8/6/1 so he needs to start next to Gasol imo.

Jordan Hill only playing the 2nd half had 4 points but 8 rebounds.  He needs to backup both bigs.

Farmar did well and had 4 steals as well.  He needs to play when Blake is off or when we want to go for a faster look.

Meeks had one of his "once in a blue moon" 'alright' shooting performances.

Xavier was off with his jumper but still got 6 points by going 4-5 from the free throw line.

Xavier seems the type that can net you 15+ points when his jumper is on and still get you 5-10 on nights when his jumper's off because of his ability to get to the line.  He's a keeper, I just hope the Lakers DO!

Landry is DFenders material but at least he'd stay in Los Angeles and be on call in case anything happened(which I hope doesn't, but he's good to have as a substitute for one of our shooters)

Alright so to me I'm guessing that D'antoni next game is going to try Wes at the starting 3 with the Kaman Gasol lineup, and bring Farmar off the bench.  Seems most logical, and keeping our bench lineup and rotation as it was before.   Seems like that should work to me.

But today from the beginning it seems we were trying out new lineups and Gasol/Kaman still was the best one in terms of starting.  After that D'antoni was trying out different bench lineups against GSW starters and saw what did and didn't work.

So then hopefully now that Farmar and Wes are BACK we will find out what works best with them sooner rather than later, if this is the case I'm glad they made it back with 2 games left in pre-season so we can figure that out.  

So am now hoping everyone else remains healthy so we can get this solidified!!! 

I'll post up full game highlights soon as I upload them. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,807 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Also, Kobe sprinting before game

https://vine.co/v/hw9YzIHZAiZ

#3 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 18, 2013 - 03:47 PM

Kaman and Gasol at 5 and 4, Wes at 3, Young at 2, and Nash at 1. I wanna see that. 

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,807 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Nick Young Halfcourt shot

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 07:56 PM

Team Highlights

https://www.facebook...?v=589069145555

Nashty Jumper off One leg

yo.

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 11:14 PM

Full Legit Lakers Highlights YouTube Style

yo.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,807 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 11:28 PM

Full Legit Lakers Highlights YouTube Style

Saw some things that worked and some that didn't

What I'm shocked at is that a starting lineup of Nash, Blake, Young, Williams and Gasol start the game and we still win the quarter against their starters =p   When we played anything resembling our Gasol/Kaman lineup we went on runs.

Kelly has a good post game if he perfects it.  I'd like to see him perfect it.

Right now the three on the bubble I want to make the team are

Xavier
Williams
Kelly

If we're taking a full 15 then Landry or Harris is gonna be a Laker while the other goes to the DFenders.

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 11:32 PM

I think I like Harris more overall than Kelly, but the fact that R. Kelly can potentially specialize so well spacing the floor better than anyone knocking that 3 down sorta sways me a bit. manaro is no doubt far more athletic & better defensively though.

yo.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,807 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 11:39 PM

I think I like Harris more overall than Kelly, but the fact that R. Kelly can potentially specialize so well spacing the floor better than anyone knocking that 3 down sorta sways me a bit. manaro is no doubt far more athletic & better defensively though.

That's why I think Harris is a great DFenders prospect.  His game can really be edged out there, he isn't NBA speed yet but he can be, just needs to be refined a bit so he can master that 3 spot because that's what he'll become, that or an undersized 4 hustle guy.

So to me he would be best suited on the DFenders as that's where he'd get his minutes.

Landry is a veteran and can do well on the DFenders too and he'd get to stay in Los Angeles and we'd probably call him up if anything happened which I hope wouldn't.  But he'd always be there if we needed him as would Harris.

So if we're going 15 then we could keep Landry or Harris too ensured.

But if we're going 14 then both Harris and Landry i can see going to the DFenders.

At least I hope so. I want Williams and Henry on THIS LAKERS TEAM above all else right now when it comes to these 4 guys.

Edited by Majesty, October 18, 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#10 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 18, 2013 - 11:42 PM

I think you'll get your wish with Henry and Williams.

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 11:43 PM

What Kelly lacks in athleticism he may somewhat be able to make up for in iq, but he definitely at the least could sure work on getting stronger. He seems a bit more on the weaker/thinner side than I'd like to see.

I want Williams and Henry on THIS LAKERS TEAM above all else right now when it comes to these 4 guys.

Absolutely.

yo.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,807 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 11:58 PM

I think you put Kelly in the perfect situation as well.

You look at his style and then the fact you got Kaman and Gasol on the same team, he could really benefit from bigs with styles like theirs, he already can stretch the floor, have those two show him a few things and I think he'll do fine.  He has the IQ and I really liked some of his post game he showed today(and at Duke) so I think we can build on that.

Williams isn't gonna be that guy attacking in the post as well, but he WILL be a guy that stretches the floor and plays very rough defense, the guy literally has his hand in nearly any play even if it's a poke away or setting up an extra rebound cause of his hustle. 

#13 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 19, 2013 - 01:37 AM

Williams is really working to turn his life around and I like it. Xavier is strong and really scrappy and you can't have enough of those types. 

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,807 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Seriously Xavier is MUCH stronger than he at first looked, watching him knock green down on a blocking foul but not being moved himself by it, he's the kind of guy you need to take it to some bigs like Hibbert etc and get them in foul trouble.

Like I said, he reminds me of Crash Wallace.  And that's a good thing.

Edited by Majesty, October 19, 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,668 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 20, 2013 - 09:41 AM

I like Xavier's shot, and his strength.

It feels to me that Harris is a smart player. He knows how to use his size but he needs to develop more.

Just the fact that Kelly hit a few shots, I like him enough.

He will get better. You develop Kelly or possibly keep him as trade bait to a Market who believes in those type of guys.

#16 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 885 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 21, 2013 - 05:37 AM

I'm realllyyyyyyy liking the energy Nick Young brings. I feel he makes the game fun for everyone, on the court, and in the locker room.

Of course Kobe will be here to settle everyone down when it's not the time to have fun. But when you win and you're having fun, that's the best combination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users