Photo

Andrew Bynum is 'close' to practicing, Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown says

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 21, 2013 - 08:56 AM

Bynum checked out way too often in the 2012 playoffs, particularly on D.  If he was the so called best C what happened to him when he was most needed?

he was never the best center in the league.........only delusional Laker fans would think that.

#22 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 09:05 AM

he was never the best center in the league.........only delusional Laker fans would think that.

Nobody here said he was.

Posted Image

#23 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,730 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted October 21, 2013 - 01:00 PM

I hope the Cavs wrote him a mostly performance laden contract with small base pay.  From all indications, this guy is basically done.  I still do not understand why the 76ers traded with us and his physical condition didnt kill the trade.

#24 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 21, 2013 - 01:21 PM

Nobody here said he was.

never said anyone did....just anyone who did believe that Bynum was the best center in the league is delusional

#25 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,101 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 21, 2013 - 01:24 PM

never said anyone did....just anyone who did believe that Bynum was the best center in the league is delusional

he was top 5. When he tried, he had moments where he looked like it, but it's clear he never was

ap1.png

#26 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 21, 2013 - 02:28 PM

So you didnt say Bynum was the best?

He's going to show the league he's the best center once again ☺️

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#27 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,730 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted October 21, 2013 - 02:45 PM

There were a few games I went to that the guy just completely dominated, against some quality defensive big men.  What a waste.  Makes me wonder what the real issues with him is.  He seems so Beasley- esque to me now.

#28 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,504 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 21, 2013 - 02:53 PM

Oden-esque or Amari-esque lol...glad he's gone

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#29 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,122 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 21, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Bynum was more consistent than some of you are giving him credit for.  He was an all-star for a reason, and not many people that you're pairing him with Oden, Beasley etc ever accomplished that.

His problems was his health and his committing to defense.  That's about it, and the fact he had no filter when he said things.

One thing's for sure, he sure as heck didn't back down when Kobe challenged him and this was back when he was 19-20.   He became a better player, 2nd best center in the league.

So I think you're taking a lot of credit away from him, if he was so terrible he never would have been an all-star, if he hated Basketball so much he never would have come back from two knee injuries to become an all-star. 

Bynum is talented, he hasn't been as good defensively since Rambis left, we know this.   But in terms of one on one he's pretty hard to stop and he's big and strong and has a fine post game, and has an alright jumper and turnaround.

So when it comes down to it, if Bynum is healthy the Cavs are gonna be a problem.

We can go all 20 days of sunday around how 'inconsistent' he could be at times, or how he could 'check out'.  He wasn't and isn't half as bad as Cousins.  

Bynum is a 20/12 guy on a team like the Cavs if he's healthy.   There's no doubt about that.  

So for that sake, I hope he remains healthy and hope to watch him have many battles with Roy Hibbert.   But his size and ability on the inside along with a point guard like Kyrie and a talent like Clark the Cavs can cause a lot of teams a lot of problems.

Especially with the lack of size in the East aside from Hibbert and Lopez.

Bynum will be fine as long as he's healthy, he's the 2nd best center in the league when he is, although Hibbert and Lopez can now challenge him for that as he missed a whole year, but if healthy and with the rust off Bynum is likely more feared than both in a matchup scenario.. Offensively at least.

Again, none of that means anything if he never makes it on the court.

But if healthy, the Cavs are gonna surprise a lot of people this year and Bynum will have a lot to do with that.

Edited by Majesty, October 21, 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Cavs' Andrew Bynum plays five-on-five, not ruled out for season opener

bynum.jpg?w=1200&h=840

yo.

#31 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,784 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 29, 2013 - 01:14 AM

^
Well I'm glad to hear that,good luck Andrew!

Impossible is nothing.

#32 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 29, 2013 - 01:18 AM

I hope he gets more minutes so Anderson Verajao doesn't average 14/14 again this season. Fantasy bball reasons. 

#33 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,116 posts
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted October 29, 2013 - 01:44 AM

I picked him up a little too early in fantasy this year... Hopefully he turns into a gem for me though >.<

#34 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,275 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted October 30, 2013 - 02:11 PM

Cavs' Andrew Bynum cleared to play

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum has been medically cleared and may play in Cleveland's season opener against Brooklyn on Wednesday night.

Bynum, signed as a free agent this summer, has not played in an NBA game since May 21, 2012, when he was with the Los Angeles Lakers. The 7-footer did not play one second after he was traded to Philadelphia before last season.

Cavs coach Mike Brown said he will play Bynum "very limited" minutes as long as he doesn't have a setback during warmups. Bynum has been steadily doing more in practice in the past few weeks, but Brown said the Cavs will not rush him back.

If healthy, the 26-year-old Bynum gives the Cavs a large inside presence and a former All-Star to complement star point guard Kyrie Irving.

http://espn.go.com/n...s-season-opener

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#35 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,942 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 30, 2013 - 02:21 PM

I have to say I want to tune in and see him

#36 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted October 30, 2013 - 02:37 PM

Excited to see him play

#37 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,876 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2013 - 06:13 PM

Nice to see Bynum back.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#38 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 02, 2013 - 02:50 PM

Bynum's issues were immaturity fueled by a desired to be respected.

Physically, he looks awkward and 82 game seasons are for certain body types.

Guys in the 80s built like Worthy, Kareem, Mycheal Thompson and those types were built to run more so than Big Bynum.

Hibbert is surprisingly healthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users