89 replies to this topic

#21 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,163 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 17, 2013 - 07:44 AM

Stop overrating Russel.....he would be above-average in the league today.....nothing special.

How do you know?

russell is special, who knows or cares what he would been today's era. What was he in his era?

#22 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,374 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 17, 2013 - 10:09 AM

How do you know?

russell is special, who knows or cares what he would been today's era. What was he in his era?

He still isn't a better basketball player than Kobe. Ring count is nice, but it isn't everything

ap1.png

#23 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 17, 2013 - 10:17 AM

How do you know?

He played in a league that just started up. He was on a team full of hall of famers. He was a 6-9, 220lb center. He would get man handle. He wasn't even great on both ends of the game.

what was he in his era.........a man lucky to be on a team full of hall of famers.

Bill Russel isn't even in my top 10.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,958 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 17, 2013 - 10:29 AM

Put 9 hall of famers on a team with Kobe from the moment he gets into the league till he retires and see how many rings he winds up with.   He'd have about 15

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,163 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 17, 2013 - 10:45 AM

Not even saying Bill is better than kobe, because I don't have him above Wilt, HOWEVER, he is no scrub .

i would say Garnett like or something like that

A better version of Noah.

#26 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,220 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 17, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Cuz he was too damn good too early in his career & kept getting better each season & keeps shattering records people wish he never would have, since that lying as white girl made them false accusations. If that girl never would have tried to get a payday Kobe would be celebrated like he should be.

Why do they hate on Kobe smh

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#27 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,009 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 17, 2013 - 11:44 AM

There are about 20 basketball analysts at ESPN who are comfortably ahead of Arnovitz. 

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#28 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,534 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 17, 2013 - 11:58 AM

LOL at ESPN's pompous analysts, journalists, experts, pundits, judges, jackasses....

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, October 17, 2013 - 12:01 PM.

2hf753r.jpg

#29 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 17, 2013 - 12:41 PM

Kareem
MJ
Wilt
Kobe
Magic

Posted Image

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 17, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Kareem
MJ
Wilt
Kobe
Magic

Ask yourself, who outside of this^ top five can bump someone? You combine impact+longevity aka how long they were dominating the league. And the possibilities are LIMITED: 

Larry Bird

Oscar Robertson

Hakeem Olajuwon

Moses Malone

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,741 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted October 17, 2013 - 03:15 PM

I put Kobe 7th all time as of right now. If he gets 1-2 rings, end his career with most points, all star selection, all nba teams, etc.. He will be 3rd all time.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#32 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,945 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 17, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Kobe is held to unreasonable standards

#33 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,216 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 17, 2013 - 06:13 PM

Why do guys get so wound up about what ESPN analysts say?  You are clicking and reading the articles every time they make a stupid statement or opinion they have done exactly what you wanted them to do.  Who cares where Kobe ranks in their top whatever.  The debate is so subjective and it gets dumber the longer you engage in it. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#34 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 17, 2013 - 06:17 PM

Ask yourself, who outside of this^ top five can bump someone? You combine impact+longevity aka how long they were dominating the league. And the possibilities are LIMITED:

Larry Bird
Oscar Robertson
Hakeem Olajuwon
Moses Malone

Oscar and Hakeem.

Posted Image

#35 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,855 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 17, 2013 - 06:53 PM

At the end of the day these are all opinions from guys who are being paid to put out a message. ESPN hires these people cause they know what they will say when certain questions like this are asked.

Its like asking a room full of conservatives from the south there they'd rank Obama in his presidency.

#36 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,914 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 17, 2013 - 07:49 PM

I put Kobe at 3rd. MJ, Kareem, Kobe, Magic. I ultimately think Kobe is the 3rd best of all time. Wilt is great, but he had a huge advantage in the league at the time, same for Russel. And as far as Bird, Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, they're great, and are in the top 10, but Kobe is just flat out better. Kobe is regarded as the best Laker of all time. I think when Kobe retires, depending on how much higher he gets up on the scoring list and get a couple of rings, he will dethrone MJ. And as far as Kareem, Kobe will end up being the better one at the end of his career.

#37 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 920 posts

Posted October 17, 2013 - 08:53 PM

I put Kobe at 3rd. MJ, Kareem, Kobe, Magic. I ultimately think Kobe is the 3rd best of all time. Wilt is great, but he had a huge advantage in the league at the time, same for Russel. And as far as Bird, Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, they're great, and are in the top 10, but Kobe is just flat out better. Kobe is regarded as the best Laker of all time. I think when Kobe retires, depending on how much higher he gets up on the scoring list and get a couple of rings, he will dethrone MJ. And as far as Kareem, Kobe will end up being the better one at the end of his career.

You're pushing it. Jordan won 6 rings in 6 years. When he played at his peak, he completely dominated and won it straight. If he hadn't retired the first time, you could add 2 rings, and his body wasn't breaking down the second time either. He was still the best player in the league when he retired the second time.

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,138 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 17, 2013 - 08:58 PM

The fork is in deep on the Kobe catching MJ thing. Happen not gonna.

Edited by Windu, October 17, 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,159 posts

Posted October 17, 2013 - 09:03 PM

You're pushing it. Jordan won 6 rings in 6 years. When he played at his peak, he completely dominated and won it straight. If he hadn't retired the first time, you could add 2 rings, and his body wasn't breaking down the second time either. He was still the best player in the league when he retired the second time.

Correction: He won 6 rings in 14 years.

If he wanted to win more rings, maybe he shouldn't have retired. Magic beat their ass fair and square.

This if game can go both ways. If Kobe was given the chance to start right off the bat like MJ and LBJ, who the [expletive] knows how his career would advance?

#40 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 17, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Why do guys get so wound up about what ESPN analysts say?  You are clicking and reading the articles every time they make a stupid statement or opinion they have done exactly what you wanted them to do.  Who cares where Kobe ranks in their top whatever.  The debate is so subjective and it gets dumber the longer you engage in it. 

It's fun to complain sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users