Photo

LeBron's 2 Role Models, Michael Jordan and... Allen Iverson?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,616 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:12 PM

LeBron+James+Miami+Heat+v+San+Antonio+Sp

LeBron James says he watches a lot of tape. Who does he look at?

Michael Jordan and ... Allen Iverson?

"I watch Jordan more than anybody, for sure," James told ESPN's Chris Broussard for a story in the upcoming issue of ESPN The Magazine. "But I'll watch tapes of AI, too. I don't take anything from AI. Well, I do -- his will. They say he was 6 feet, but AI was like 5-10½. Do we even want to say 160? 170 [pounds]? Do we even want to give him that much weight? And he played like a 6-8 2-guard. He was one of the greatest finishers we've ever seen. You could never question his heart. Ever. He gave it his all. AI was like my second-favorite player growing up, after MJ."

What James loved about Jordan was the very attribute that he works to establish -- having no fear.

"MJ wasn't perfect. MJ had bad games. He had turnovers. He had games where he felt like he should've been better," James said. "But I think the greatest thing about MJ was that he never was afraid to fail. And I think that's why he succeeded so much -- because he was never afraid of what anybody ever said about him. Never afraid to miss the game-winning shot, never afraid to turn the ball over. Never afraid."

Despite two straight NBA titles and four MVPs, James is still afraid to fail.

Read the rest of the article in link...

http://espn.go.com/n...n-allen-iverson

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:16 PM

If he watches a lot of Jordan, there's a good chance he watches a lot of Kobe too although of course he'd probably never admit that.

yo.

#3 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:34 PM

james is just kissing as$
eventhough what he said is true
he wants mj to talk all good things the next time he talks about him

#4 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,010 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted October 15, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Iverson was a role model to any 5'10- 6 foot guard because you saw how he dominated. I was never a big fan or Iverson for his attitude, but I respected the guy's game, although I still probably put Isiah Thomas over him slightly.

Lebron needs to stop riding Jordan, just let it go.

Edited by Ven, October 15, 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#5 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,059 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted October 15, 2013 - 02:43 PM

One's gone to The White House the other's gone to The Poor House

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#6 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 472 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted October 15, 2013 - 02:52 PM

james is just kissing as$
eventhough what he said is true
he wants mj to talk all good things the next time he talks about him

Lebron needs to stop riding Jordan, just let it go.

I seriously don't understand why LeBron get so much hate. The guy can never do anything right in anyone's eye except for the fans that supports his team.  When he said good things about MJ he is viewed as a kiss ass or he's riding jordan. But then if he said something negative I bet people would view him a hater.

#7 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,616 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:24 PM

If he watches a lot of Jordan, there's a good chance he watches a lot of Kobe too although of course he'd probably never admit that.

I bet he has. Kobe was LeBron's idol in high school.

#8 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:28 PM

I seriously don't understand why LeBron get so much hate. The guy can never do anything right in anyone's eye except for the fans that supports his team.  When he said good things about MJ he is viewed as a kiss ass or he's riding jordan. But then if he said something negative I bet people would view him a hater.

Who doesn't get this treatment? Seriously, I'm sick of people acting like Lebron is the first and only superstar to get hate. (not directed towards you)

People don't have to like Lebron becuase the league tells them to. TBH, I don't even respect the guy as far as basketball goes. He's good, but the things he resort to on the court is a disgrace to the game(flopping etc.) IMO. And I can't support, like, nor respect someone like that. Hell, he lost half the respect I had for him when he bailed on Cleveland and hightailed it to Miami with Wade. Wade was one of my favorite players before hand, now I can even stand him. And no I'm not mad, LOL.

IB4youneedtogetalifeifyoudislikesomeoneyoudon'tevenknow

#9 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,010 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:30 PM

I agree initially, but Lebron constantly addresses Jordan, whether as a role model, looked up, then criticized when he left Cleveland (shoes line, which is hypocrite). To the point that I am sure Lebron wishes Jordan just came out and complimented him without any underhanded comments.

The thing is is Jordan came out and blasted Kobe, Kobe would shrug it off, and carry on competitive as ever. Lebron would state quotes, press release, social media and so on. Most fans would view this as needy. Just try and view it as a regular person, a guy who is sensitive but still tries to comment on things that are worn out, wouldn't most just be put off by it?

Edited by Ven, October 15, 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#10 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,922 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:37 PM

Kobe has responded to every dig MJ has taken at this generation.  USA Bball vs Dream Team, he addressed the fact that he stole his moves and even addressed the comments Phil made.  In the end these guys are human beings.  Kobe and Lebron are different people.  Why does it matter what Kobe would have done? 

I agree initially, but Lebron constantly addresses Jordan, whether as a role model, looked up, then criticized when he left Cleveland (shoes line, which is hypocrite). To the point that I am sure Lebron wishes Jordan just came out and complimented him without any underhanded comments.

The thing is is Jordan came out and blasted Kobe, Kobe would shrug it off, and carry on competitive as ever. Lebron would state quotes, press release, social media and so on. Most fans would view this as needy. Just try and view it as a regular person, a guy who is sensitive but still tries to comment on things that are worn out, wouldn't most just be put off by it?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#11 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:42 PM

Kobe has responded to every dig MJ has taken at this generation.  USA Bball vs Dream Team, he addressed the fact that he stole his moves and even addressed the comments Phil made.  In the end these guys are human beings.  Kobe and Lebron are different people.  Why does it matter what Kobe would have done? 

Isn't it obvious? Aren't we on a Laker's site? Hasn't Jordan said things about a certain someone in a Lakers Uniform?

#12 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 472 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Well it didn't take long until we compare Kobe and LeBron again. Lol. The article was about LeBron giving MJ and A.I. credit. SMH.

Why do we always have to use Kobe as a measuring stick for everything LeBron does? So what if Kobe shrugged off what Jordan said. That doesn't mean LeBron has to do it too. Are we suppose to believe that what ever kobe does is right all the time and any player disagreeing is wrong?

Edited by BlueJab23, October 15, 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#13 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well it didn't take long until we compare Kobe and LeBron again. Lol. The article was about LeBron giving MJ and A.I. credit. SMH.

Why do we always have to use Kobe as a measuring stick for everything LeBron does? So what if Kobe shrugged off what Jordan said. That doesn't mean LeBron has to do it too. Are we suppose to believe that what ever kobe does is right all the time and any player disagreeing is wrong?

My love for Kobe and dislike for Lebron won't let me agree with you.

I

I

I a

I ag

I agr

I agree, there I said it.

#14 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,010 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 05:04 PM

Like I said, in a sense I agree but ultimately Lebron tends to come off as sensitive and a little bothered by any remarks anyone makes. Whereas other athletes, old school players are perceived differently. You cannot deny that, it has always been a focal point in the media regarding Lebron, most NBA fans are aware of it as well.

Even ESPN radio picked up on it and said it was a random name drop, might've been Cowherd not sure but also joked about seeing Lebron doing a killer crossover and some debate about role models or something. Still in the end everyone has their opinions.

#15 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,778 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted October 15, 2013 - 05:56 PM

Is this the larger article where he states he could average 35-40 a game?  LOL

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Props to LeBron for being so honest about the being afraid to fail part and acknowledging it's one thing he would love to not have such as MJ & Kobe (though he didn't mention Kobe of course). It's been obvious several times as a lot of us have seen moments where LeBron has seemingly been afraid to take a big shot or of the moment, but to hear him actually admit it so honestly like that is I must say in a way refreshing.

I bet he has. Kobe was LeBron's idol in high school.

Didn't he even used to rock his kicks for a while?

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users