Photo

Paul Rudd To Star As Lead In Marvel's "Ant-Man" (Pg. 3)

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hank pym also create ultron who is considered one of the avengers greatest enemies

Rankings do nothing for me, There could be so many reasons to place people in certain places for ranking

At the end of the day ant man was always a part of the marvel cinematic universe and there is a reason for that
Posted Image

#42 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,926 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 23, 2013 - 11:20 PM

They're changing the origin of Ultron in Avengers 2 by the way.  That's whsy Edgar Wright said that Ant-man will not tie in to Avengers 2 at all, but may be a part of Avengers 3.

Early script reports say that Ultron is now Jarvis, Iron Man's A.I., gone awry and building a suit for himself basically.

#43 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 01:27 AM

Oh I know, I was just saying the character is important in the marvel universe
Posted Image

#44 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 24, 2013 - 06:39 AM

They're changing the origin of Ultron in Avengers 2 by the way.  That's whsy Edgar Wright said that Ant-man will not tie in to Avengers 2 at all, but may be a part of Avengers 3.

Early script reports say that Ultron is now Jarvis, Iron Man's A.I., gone awry and building a suit for himself basically.

:facepalm:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#45 fido

fido

• 10,926 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 10:08 AM

I know Windu, I don't know why with Ant-Man poise to be a huge film that they wouldn't stick with the correct mythos.

But in regards to film, things get changed often in adaptation.

#46 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 12:02 PM

I know Windu, I don't know why with Ant-Man poise to be a huge film that they wouldn't stick with the correct mythos.

But in regards to film, things get changed often in adaptation.

From what I hear it's because tony stark is the "scientist" people associate with marvel right now

And his arrogance is well documented and iron man 3 showed him leaving iron man behind

So basically they've set up tony to create ultron. To have pym come out of nowhere and create ultron wouldn't make sense in the universe they've created

I actually makes a ton of sense for tony to lose control
Posted Image

#47 fido

fido

• 10,926 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 02:06 PM

Just a bummer because Ant-Man plays significantly in everything and they're dumbing down his role.

By I fully trust Edgar Wright and Joss Whedon. They obviously know what they're doing much more than us.

#48 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 06:30 PM

I think they are more or less saving him for the next phase and possibly using him as a replacement for iron man

Well RDJ anyways

Because iron man will be there but he won't be RDJ no matter who it is

That's why they are looking at Rudd and levitt
Posted Image

#49 fido

fido

• 10,926 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 07:24 PM

Nope, Robert Downey signed a new deal with Marvel / Disney for 3 more films as Iron Man.  He isn't going anywhere.

#50 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Nope, Robert Downey signed a new deal with Marvel / Disney for 3 more films as Iron Man. He isn't going anywhere.

He only signed on for two

Avengers 2 and 3

After that my guess is he's done which is when they'll need to replace him. Avengers 3 will be around 2017-2018

Antman is 2016

So it all works out perfect for them
Posted Image

#51 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,440 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted October 25, 2013 - 05:53 AM

X-Men: Days of Future Past 

sneak peek: http://instagram.com/p/f1nxeADozp

Edited by LakersGAFan, October 25, 2013 - 05:55 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#52 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted October 25, 2013 - 08:17 AM

Just a bummer because Ant-Man plays significantly in everything and they're dumbing down his role.

By I fully trust Edgar Wright and Joss Whedon. They obviously know what they're doing much more than us.

Seriously, Hank Pym is a boss....how is the Ultron stuff gonna work without him?

EyMlHkX.jpg

#53 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,172 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 07:03 PM

Time to change the title.

Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel's Ant-Man

paul-rudd-is-ant-man.jpg

Marvel’s “Ant-Man” has found its hero in Paul Rudd, who will star in the new film from director Edgar Wright hitting theaters July 31, 2015!

The casting of Rudd represents the actor that Marvel had long ago identified as its first choice to play Ant-Man, continuing the studio’s desire to cast actors that bring several dimensions to its onscreen heroes.  The film’s plot is being kept under wraps.

“When Edgar Wright came to us with the idea of Paul Rudd, we felt a huge sense of relief because the first step in creating any Marvel Studios film is finding the right star," said Marvel's Kevin Feige. "We knew early on that we had found the right person in Paul. When he not only agreed to do it but became as enthusiastic as any actor we’d ever met with about doing the work, we knew we’d found the right guy. We couldn’t be more excited for our audiences to see what he’s going to do to bring Ant-Man to life.”

Rudd brings a diverse background to the role having become one of the industry’s most known actors with a reputation for smart, funny and creative performances.  Rudd can currently be seen in “Anchor Man 2: The Legend Continues,” as well as past roles in “Anchorman,” “This Is 40,” “I Love You, Man,” “Role Models,” “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” “Our Idiot Brother,” “Knocked Up,” and “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” among numerous other films, television shows and primetime animation.

In addition to “Ant-Man,” Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on April 4, 2014; "Guardians of the Galaxy" on August 1, 2014; and "Avengers: Age of Ultron” on May 1, 2015.

(Marvel)

EyMlHkX.jpg

#54 fido

fido

• 10,926 posts

Posted December 19, 2013 - 08:47 PM

Happy about this - good pick.

#55 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,172 posts

Posted May 23, 2014 - 02:46 PM

Director Edgar Wright Exits Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Due to Creative 'Differences'

lplzpCT.jpg

"Marvel and Edgar Wright jointly announced today that the studio and director have parted ways on Ant-Man due to differences in their visions of the film," read a statement released on Friday. "The decision to move on is amicable and does not impact the release date on July 17, 2015. A new director will be announced shortly."

Wright's exit is a shock since the filmmaker, who would have been one of the more unique voices in Marvel's pantheon of movie directors, has been with the project since its inception in 2006, and the split has occurred late in preproduction.

(Via Hollywood Reporter)

EyMlHkX.jpg

#56 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 23, 2014 - 03:17 PM

I wish Stan Lee still had power to keep things right...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users