Photo

Bill Simmons & Jalen Rose Preview Lakers Upcoming Season

GrantlandNetwork

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

• 40,407 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:15 AM

Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose are confused by the 2013-14 Lakers. Are they trying to win a championship with this roster? Is Kobe going to give up on a championship and gun for the scoring record? Will Pau get traded? Will Kobe attempt to kill Nick Young? One thing is clear — it will be an interesting year in L.A.

yo.

#2 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 256 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 15, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Could only make it to 3:26

#3 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,457 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:22 PM

F Simmons

veqdeg.jpg

#4 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 15, 2013 - 01:15 PM

I really hate Bill Simmons.. smh.

Ja-Len Rose you got scored eight-y one on.  :laughing:

Can't wait to flame his ass on twitter at the end of the season.

Edited by Ham, October 15, 2013 - 01:21 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#5 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted October 15, 2013 - 02:24 PM

I think our team isn't as "trash" as most think. Actually I can see a future here with a lot of our players. Overall it could have been worse. 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#6 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 15, 2013 - 02:25 PM

Bill is salty that the Lakers at least managed to put together a team that could compete while his C's are resorting to tanking. 

#7 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,387 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:50 PM

I wish the Lakers would watch this video hahaha

#8 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,534 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:50 PM

They have some good points... This roster is awful. I think the maximum the Lakers are gonna win is like 44 games. And this team is going to be horrid defensively. Not one plus defender in the starting lineup and a buffoon coaching them

• 40,407 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:52 PM

And this team is going to be horrid defensively. Not one plus defender in the starting lineup and a buffoon coaching them

At least Rambis is there now.

yo.

#10 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,534 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:55 PM

At least Rambis is there now.

Yeah, but I'm worried about the Lakers offense screwing up their defense. Last year they shot way too many threes and lost floor balance because of it and gave up easy layups. This year with MDA here and Young we're definitely going to still shoot a lot of threes and put ourselves in a bad position in transition. Rambis knows defense but even he can't make some of these players play good and there is going to be no post defender on this team. Our 4 and 5 positions are so slow.

#11 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,819 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 15, 2013 - 08:08 PM

They made out with 3 1st round picks for 3 aging and expensive stars.  They are rebuilding not tanking.

Bill is salty that the Lakers at least managed to put together a team that could compete while his C's are resorting to tanking. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,482 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 09:59 PM

They're not too far off actually. They don't believe we can win with this team, but they think we could make it to the playoffs. That's better than where ESPN had us ranked. They also think we'd be better off tanking this year and the rebuilding next year.

This is all correct.

#13 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:23 PM

They made out with 3 1st round picks for 3 aging and expensive stars.  They are rebuilding not tanking.

Ah, right. My bad. 

• 40,407 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 12:28 AM

They just made me feel like crap about this team and the worst part is that I think they are right on a few subjects.

Kobe is playing for chips at this point in his career and this team this season simply will not get him nowhere near close to it. Funny but yeah I would say Kobe go for Kareem's record shoot 40 a night who cares. 

Don't know why I didn't really think of that aspect until you mentioned it, but yes, it is possible we see Kobe (if fully healthy & able) make or break a few records here & there.

Can they even approach league average status on defense? NO our defense will be bad especially with D'Antoni... our best defender is Kobe in that starting lineup!

We could potentially improve at least a little though even without Dwight (weren't that great even with him to be honest) with Rambis in now.

I agree with Jalen I don't think any of the elite guys are leaving. Wade went back to train with Tim Grover and I personally think its going to help him so Miami will at least make the finals so I don't see LBJ leaving. I think Melo will stay with NYK I just don't see any indications that say otherwise. If you don't get one of these two guys then so much for cap space really there will be nothing we can do.

You're right. There is no guarantee, but at least we've put ourselves in position to actually have that chance. That's all you can ask for as a fan.

yo.

#15 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted October 16, 2013 - 12:30 AM

They just made me feel like crap about this team and the worst part is that I think they are right on a few subjects.

Kobe is playing for chips at this point in his career and this team this season simply will not get him nowhere near close to it. Funny but yeah I would say Kobe go for Kareem's record shoot 40 a night who cares. 

Can they even approach league average status on defense? NO our defense will be bad especially with D'Antoni... our best defender is Kobe in that starting lineup!

I agree with Jalen I don't think any of the elite guys are leaving. Wade went back to train with Tim Grover and I personally think its going to help him so Miami will at least make the finals so I don't see LBJ leaving. I think Melo will stay with NYK I just don't see any indications that say otherwise. If you don't get one of these two guys then so much for cap space really there will be nothing we can do. 

My bad on double post I briefly looked and didn't see it.

Posted Image

• 40,407 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 12:32 AM

It's okay bruh. Your intentions were good & appreciated. No harm, no worries.

yo.

#17 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted October 16, 2013 - 12:35 AM

You're right. There is no guarantee, but at least we've put ourselves in position to actually have that chance. That's all you can ask for as a fan.

I guess but boy if we don't get one of em it going to suck in Lakerland for years and that is scary.

Posted Image

#18 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,592 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 16, 2013 - 12:57 AM

I'm surprised the lakers were at 18

I thought for sure he would have them in the 20s

I was waiting from like 24 on

#19 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted October 16, 2013 - 01:20 AM

I think we can be surprise team this year, I just gotta see how the team plays in thevreg season. I think if we can come out with a good start and win 3 of our first 4 games we can ride that momentum and with Kobe coming back that can only help because we all know Kobe will not mess something up that is working. I'm liking nick young and kaman so far in the preseason. I think if Pau can play and be in the discussion for the best big man in the game and if Nash can stay healthy and be a top 6 offensive point guard. Bottom line is, we need to work on controlling the tempo of the game and being able to get back on defense, both of those things we had trouble with all of last year.

#20 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 03:18 AM

Stopped at the video where they label the fat guy as Jim Buss.

Seriously, piss off. Us fans are one thing. But when these morons try to bash owners and people who actually have responsibilities while speaking like all knowing gods, it makes me wanna puke. Guess what, Simmons, your opinions are as trashy as your trade ideas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users