#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:30 AM

Great performance all around from us, dominant enough to scare Mark Jackson into playing his starting lineup in the 4th quarter against our end of the bench guys and still barely winning. 

But those first 3 quarters(even the 4th with out end of the benchers) I liked a lot!!  Dominated Golden State from the 2nd quarter onwards to an 81-69 lead at the end of the 3rd.  And then something happened..Mark Jackson got scared lol  and played his entire starting lineup in the 4th against our end of the bench guys and barely won.  Stay classy Mark.

Best we've looked in the pre-season thus far imo and Nash looked like Nash.

So highlights go here!!

Edited by Majesty, October 15, 2013 - 06:32 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:32 AM

Nashty baby! :rock:

yo.

#3 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,305 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm very pleased with the Laker's performance thus far. We've been struggling in the third quarter these past games, but had a strong one today. We almost won while playing our 2nd to 3rd string guys against the Warrior's starters in the 4th. The least minutes one of the starters of the Warriors played was around 32 minutes (give and take) while the most one of the Laker's starters played was 27 (give and take). 

Great passing, offensive performance, overall chemistry/fluidity. The defense still needs some work, but I expect that to be in place by midseason as long as the team stays healthy. I think the defense has been great considering it's barely been that long this team has been together and we lost our two premier defenders. 

I'd rather have a strong offense and average defense than a strong defense and average offense. In clutch situations, almost everyone will play with intense energy and defensive effort in order to stop the opposing team. But getting a basket can often times be hard (Ex: Grizzlies, Bulls (without Rose), etc)

The more this team can gain confidence, the less Kobe will have to do and he'll be well-rested and motivated for the playoffs.

#4 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 804 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 15, 2013 - 08:05 AM

#5 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 09:42 AM

^ I love how they don't mention that it was Jackson's starters against our end of the bench guys...

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 09:44 AM

Pau & SP after the game:

yo.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:22 AM

This is how ridiculous it got when Mark got scared we were gonna beat them again

Nash (+12) played 18 minutes, Kaman and Young 23, Gasol (+11) 26. For GSW, Curry 36, Iggy 39, Lee 37, Thompson 35, Bogut 30.

In freaking pre-season.... JUST to have a chance against us and waited for us to play our end of the bench guys to bring them back.   Despicable.

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:24 AM

^ You ain't kidding. Embarrassing, shameful, pathetic, & disgraceful.

yo.

#9 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,667 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:43 AM

Calm down guys. I enjoy winning too, but this just shows how good of a team we are and can be. I take this as a compliment. The Warriors are just trying to market themselves, so they kind of would do anything right now to secure a win; even in the preseason. If you remember, they were the 6th seed last year, and they improved this year. We beat them in the first preseason game, and we basically beat them again. That just proves were going to do a good job this season, actually make the playoffs, and do better than what is expected of the other teams, hopefully.

Edited by Jackson, October 15, 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#10 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,542 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:58 AM

Haven't seen full game highlights, looked like a solid performance though. I know David Lee is very good and had an awesome game, and the Lakers aren't going to go up against that kind of post player every night, but that's the part of this team that worries me the most. Losing Dwight, losing Metta, losing Clark. That's a lot of defense to replace. Metta doesn't have the foot speed he once did but his toughness is unquestionable, and he was still 3rd in the league amongst small forwards in steals I believe. Plus losing the versatility of Clark, and of course the dominance of Dwight is going to make for some rough performances on that end of the court I think. Hopefully they will figure out a way to be effective defensively.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 11:50 AM

Williams dealt with Lee, but they kept calling phantom fouls when he'd miss due to William's defense.

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:01 PM

and of course the dominance of Dwight is going to make for some rough performances on that end of the court I think. Hopefully they will figure out a way to be effective defensively.

No doubt here & there Dwight's lack of presence defensively will be felt, but for the extra we may give up defensively, we may also be gaining now on the offensive end as far as all those many gimmies (free throws) Dwight would constantly miss. That shouldn't be the case anymore thankfully (relief).

yo.

#13 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,343 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:09 PM

Members are acting like this was a playoff game we barely lost. The season needs to come on already!

veqdeg.jpg

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:11 PM

Not just that but the passing and shooting and post up abiloity of Gasol and Kaman makes us tougher to defendn that aspect so that's a nice advantage. If dwight was willing to roll with pau, nash and kobe it'd be different but he didn't so I'm happy we have Kaman in his place. Spacing is Loads better now! Hehe

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Members are acting like this was a playoff game we barely lost. The season needs to come on already!

Did you watch the game?

yo.

#16 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,343 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:23 PM

^ Yes. Got to work at 7 am & started streaming it. 

Edited by MAMBA24ILL, October 15, 2013 - 12:23 PM.

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:25 PM

^ So you didn't find anything wrong at all with Mark Jackson playing his starters basically the whole fourth quarter against our third stringers?

yo.

#18 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,343 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:27 PM

^ A bit with it being a preseason game. They were in striking distance & he took advantage. If Mike D had put the starters back in too......

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:30 PM

They were down by 11 and he simply decided he wanted to win the game even if it meant a mismatch going against our third stringers. It was so obvious and I don't buy the potential marketing reason even more because of the risk of injury. For either reasoning to win the game or for "marketing purposes" in a preseason game to leave your starters out there all that time is irresponsible and disrespectful, but even worse it'd be for the "marketing purposes" reasoning.

yo.

#20 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,343 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:37 PM

Again.... it was a meaningless pre-season game. 

veqdeg.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users