Photo

Lakers looking to make significant trade before start of season?

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,320 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:33 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Lakers Are Looking To Trade Pau Gasol Before The Start Of The Season!

https://twitter.com/...764438770737153

Many NBA talent-evaluators feel as if Steve Nash is no longer capable of playing at a high level for more than 15-20 minutes game. The Lakers, it is believed, are on the lookout for a younger point guard who’s a more potent scorer. But as everyone who deals in the trade market will tell you, that won’t be so easy to obtain.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,879 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:37 AM

In hopes of landing a young PG... hmm..

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#3 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 914 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:40 AM

If we're talking point guards, I would accept nothing less than Lillard for Pau. I think Pau is a valuable piece for next year when he'll be playing for way less than he deserves, so to give him up for young legs in a season which we really don't have a shot at winning is pointless.

#4 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,153 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:45 AM

Wow, it seems like we've been looking for a young PG forever.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#5 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,482 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:48 AM

Should have signed Lowry instead of Nash when we had the chance. Nash is too old

#6 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,448 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:54 AM

I don't see us getting a quality PG for Pau since his contract is so fat but hey I would love to be proven wrong.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,699 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:57 AM

If it's true. It's Rondo.

Not sure how legitimate it is. We have three point guards for the sake of playing Nash low minutes.  So the Lakers seemed to plan for this already. 

Don't see why they'd trade Pau before the season starts.

Sounds like propaganda per usual

Edited by Majesty, October 14, 2013 - 11:00 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#8 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,690 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:00 AM

Heard that yesterday, was looking for more info but it was only from that Cavs insider Sam Amico.

#9 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,448 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:02 AM

^ Doubt it's Rondo considering they just cleaned house with all their salaries and old players last season.

If it's true, I hope it's Rondo. Just don't see why they would do that.

#10 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 137 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:08 AM

Rondo...it's obvious the guy is going to be traded. Hopefully it's to us!

#11 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,690 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:08 AM

So far the only dude everyone(lakers and non laker fans) is mentioning is that it's Rondo. Lakers talking to an east team. Who else. 

#12 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Man [expletive] these rumors let Pau play! I'm really liking his play so far.

#13 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,402 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Kobe won't like/approve of this. 
And LOL at Lillard for Pau. Portland won't part with the kid & they have LaMarcus already. 

I kinda wish they'd give Arenas a shot. Dudes been working on his game a lot this summer. Those who follow his IG know. 

veqdeg.jpg

#14 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,699 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:25 AM

Like I said, I think as the season goes on and the Celtics fall further.

Pau for Rondo IS going to come up.

And honestly Rondo coming off that injury with uncertainty in terms of his future is probably the ONLY way the Celtics would do that deal. 

But like I said, I think it's propaganda honestly.  it sounds like it, Pau has been playing well, Kaman and him have a great chemistry.

I think this is something that would have come up around mid season or around the trade deadline.

But this kind of thing coming up so early, I think it's propaganda.  Sam Amico pretty much wrote the article that the Lakers MIGHT have to consider doing that.

Not that they were.

So that ballooned into what it is.    Always someone trying to throw off a good thing.

Lakers are playing with chemistry and as a team and everything is good, so of course rumors of 'trading Pau before the season even starts' comes up.   It's meant to throw off what we're building, I swear, it's like someone out there doesn't want the Lakers to succeed that this kind of rumor would come up.

Midway through the season perhaps, but pre-season trade rumors?  You've GOT to be kidding me.

Edited by Majesty, October 14, 2013 - 11:26 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#15 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:31 AM

Well if they are tying to trade Pau for a young pg...might as well try to trade Nash too.

#16 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:39 AM

Pau's value is primarily as an expiring at this point, so we might be able to get something for him. But I doubt the Lakers make a move. Seems everyone recognizes this is merely a "transition" season, so no point in trading Pau because his contract coming off the books is what will enable the Lakers to have some of that cap flexibility for next offseason. 

That being said, obviously it Pau-Rondo was offered I would jump on it. But that will never happen (Ainge literally laughed it off last time it was rumored), especially since the Celtics are rebuilding anyways. 

TL;DR he's staying for cap purposes next summer. 

#17 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:42 AM

All this work for the cap next season won't be thrown away right before the season starts to get a 4th PG and obliterate the inside game.

Just rumors.

#18 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:45 AM

All this work for the cap next season won't be thrown away right before the season starts to get a 4th PG and obliterate the inside game.

Just rumors.

Completely agree, unless someone is willing to give up a top 8 PG for pau

Then they consider it because their goal is to acquire good young players next offseason

I don't believe the rondo stuff, but if they were offered rondo for example they'd pull the trigger regardless and just consider him one of the max contracts they would have used up on an elite olayer
Posted Image

#19 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted October 14, 2013 - 11:59 AM

Title of the thread is misleading it does not say Lakers looking to deal Gasol before the season starts please change thread title

Edited by magicbalala245, October 16, 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image

#20 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,320 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 14, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Like I said, I think as the season goes on and the Celtics fall further.

Pau for Rondo IS going to come up.

And honestly Rondo coming off that injury with uncertainty in terms of his future is probably the ONLY way the Celtics would do that deal. 

But like I said, I think it's propaganda honestly.  it sounds like it, Pau has been playing well, Kaman and him have a great chemistry.

I think this is something that would have come up around mid season or around the trade deadline.

But this kind of thing coming up so early, I think it's propaganda.  Sam Amico pretty much wrote the article that the Lakers MIGHT have to consider doing that.

Not that they were.

So that ballooned into what it is.    Always someone trying to throw off a good thing.

Lakers are playing with chemistry and as a team and everything is good, so of course rumors of 'trading Pau before the season even starts' comes up.   It's meant to throw off what we're building, I swear, it's like someone out there doesn't want the Lakers to succeed that this kind of rumor would come up.

Midway through the season perhaps, but pre-season trade rumors?  You've GOT to be kidding me.

I agree with you there.. Rondo could be a big target!

But I just dont get it.. why dont they just give Pau a last chance??? I mean he seems healthy right??

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users