magic90015

Rookie

• 44 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 12, 2013 - 07:09 AM

Since Steve Blake joined the Lakers,

He's good 3 point shooter but still

few weeks he is terrible and few weeks he's really good.

he's just inconsistent.

When he's with 2nd Unit,

with like Jordan hill, Robert Sacre

he doesn't pass enough to let them post.

He just shoots 3's.

and same for Jodie Meeks too.

Now we have Nick Young, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johsnon and Jordan Farmar.

I hope Jodie Meeks and Steve Blake don't just shoot 3's when it's bad day.

#2 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,088 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 12, 2013 - 07:34 AM

Not sure if I follow.  So Steve Blake and the other guards shoot too many 3's so you want them to scale back if they aren't shooting well? Hill and Sacre aren't post players either so not sure if that helps making them a focus when they are in the game.  Most guys are bench players b/c they are too inconsistent to be starters.  We just have to hope they are consistent enough to not blow leads or allow major runs while in the game.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#3 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,626 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 07:59 AM

Actually think Blake and Farmar are going to be strong anchors to our second unit. 

Also Hill as a backup Center should be pretty helpful too since he loves to board. First time in a while I think our 2nd unit can hold up against most other teams' second units.

#4 magic90015

magic90015

Rookie

• 44 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 12, 2013 - 08:31 AM

I know Jordan Hill and Robert Sacre ain't like post player but Steve blake doens't pass them enough during offense even in pick and roll situation. He just shoots and misses. and same as Jodie Meeks. They should at least attempt Jordan hill and Robert Sacre to go to free throw line or something.

#5 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 12, 2013 - 08:40 AM

Depending on what the second unit actually looks like come game 1, I actually like this season's bench mob. You've got two playmakers possibly in Blake and Farmar who can also hit perimeter shots. Them you've got Hill who is pure hustle on the boards. Nick Young might come off the bench once Kobe returns, which will add a scorer. Meeks can score on spot up shots. If Henry ends up getting playing time and steps up like he did in the first two preseason games it will give us a guy not afraid to get to the rim.

#6 KSig

KSig

Rookie

• 194 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean

Posted October 12, 2013 - 02:59 PM

hasn't Blake been pretty good this preseason? he's had like one bad game as far as I remember. but yes Jodie Meeks is just bad

#7 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 12, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Steve Blake is smarter than you think. He will throw the ball inside to Rob and Hill if they ever develop solid post moves. 

#8 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,329 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 13, 2013 - 05:41 AM

Steve Blake is smarter than you think. He will throw the ball inside to Rob and Hill if they ever develop solid post moves. 

I think sacre has pretty nice footwork and some nice looking moves around the basket. Could be a good backup for years with a bit of work. Calling Kareem on this one. Lakers are u listening?

Hill still strikes me as more a cleanup/putback guy on offense and defensive presence. 

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 13, 2013 - 09:46 AM

Sacre's hook shot looks SO messed up lol  if he had one he'd be solid.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#10 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 14, 2013 - 02:45 AM

Sacre is terrible. He's just big. If he stays in the league it will be two more years before he's average. I'm hoping Kareem, Kurt and Pau can do something with him. But on the bright side he makes under a million

I think sacre has pretty nice footwork and some nice looking moves around the basket. Could be a good backup for years with a bit of work. Calling Kareem on this one. Lakers are u listening?

Hill still strikes me as more a cleanup/putback guy on offense and defensive presence. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users