#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,404 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 11, 2013 - 11:42 PM

Video I found, Bradley does have a fight coming up, but one fight he does get a lot of flack for is the Pacquiao fight.

When I watched the fight initially, I thought it was close(mind you I mute the commentary always when I watch boxing) but I saw Manny missing a lot of shots, so when I saw that they said he landed 250+ punches on Bradley.. I honestly.. didn't see it.  I thought that fight could go either way, and then when HBO and everyone was talking about how one sided it was...ESPN talking about how one sided it was.. I decided to watch the fight back again this time WITH commentary... and.. it may have been the worst commentary I've heard of a fight in a while...

I was actually going to make a video pointing out how stupid the commentary was and how HBO gave Bradley no credit for avoiding a majority of Pacquiao's lunges, but someone beat me to it.

Now it doesn't matter to me really who won... but I feel Bradley got a lot of undeserved flack for the Pacquiao fight and I think HBO and their 'uncontainable joy' relationship with Pacquiao is a big reason why a majority feel that way.

If you think Pacquiao won, awesome, but that video does show how the commentary team can sway people because watching this fight muted, Bradley made Pacquiao miss, a LOT and never got any credit for any return offense he landed on Pacquiao.

What do you think of the commentary here?    It doesn't matter if you thought Pacquiao won or lost this fight.. the commentary was disgracefully biased.  Thoughts?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 11:50 PM

^ Lampley's always been quite biased with MP. If you've followed long enough it's no secret. Watch this for example:

yo.

#3 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,390 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted October 12, 2013 - 02:22 AM

Im biased leave pac alone!!!

Edited by Michaelyumm, October 12, 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,404 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 12, 2013 - 10:33 AM

^ Lampley's always been quite biased with MP. If you've followed long enough it's no secret. Watch this for example:

Very true.  I think they really undercut the defense of Bradley which was pretty good.

If they bothered paying attention to it they may have noticed how skilled he actually is to be able to avoid Pacquiao without 'running' as they love to call it and counter effectively.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 13, 2013 - 08:39 AM

BANG BANG BANG BODY SHOT BANG BANG BANG  :clap2:

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#6 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 08:57 AM

Pac clearly won that fight - People from all corners of the world agreed on it. I don't get what the issue is.

#7 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 13, 2013 - 11:53 AM

no way pac lost that fight

i think u are one of the minorities who think bradley won the fight after watching replays many times (replaying with the sound turned off)
i doubt u watched that fight live with the sound off cuz i just dont believe someone will do that live and take away the intesity of the fight, and the chants of the crowd...i believe ur biased and tried so hard to see how this fight could "go either way"

hell even maquez, nacho beristain, mayweather, delahoya, ppl who hate pacquiao (including mayweather's espn) and all these boxing ppl

thought pacquiao won

what was the first thing pac did when he learned he lost? went to bradley and congratulated him without making any drama

Official Scorecards of Boxing Media: 

http://globalbalita....f-boxing-media/

• Among the experts above, 81 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and 1 scored the bout for Bradley.
  • None of the scores for Pacquiao were offered by Philippine media.
  • The score for Bradley was not provided by American media.

---------
twitter reactions:

boxing media:
http://www.sbnation....obbery-reaction
mind u, dan rafael hates pac

athletes:
http://www.cbc.ca/sp...quiao-1.1258326
http://espn.go.com/b...ecision-bradley

celebs:
http://www.gossipcop...ctions-twitter/

too bad i cant find that one link to boxers tweet about the outcome of the fight

bradley was great against marquez and no doubt he won that, and against provodnikov (close fight) and gained alot of ppls respect including mine

big pac fan here, i can admit if he lost a close fight like against erik morales 1 or fights that could go either way against marquez

but no way in hell pac-bradley couldve gone either way..unless you try hard to see bradley win

#8 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,198 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 12:45 PM

Did you guys not read the OP? He's not saying that Pacquiao lost.. Just that the HBO commentary was biased. Which is true.

Hell even last night's fight, HBO crew was completely biased towards Bradley in the Marquez vs Bradley fight. Bradley definitely won that fight though no controversy there. 

hR3rI.png

#9 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 13, 2013 - 12:54 PM

ok 
first sentences i got carried away 

but i know what op was saying

my point here is that it couldn't be that close to go either way
ok bradley dodged alot of mannys punches but that wouldn't get u there except survive the fight

and yes bradley was great last night no controversy at all

#10 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,473 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 13, 2013 - 02:21 PM

Commentary doesn't win fights tho, thank God for that. It might sway the fans but it doesn't effect the outcome.

Just like in the UFC, I can't stand Joe Rogan on the mike. I find his commentary so annoying.

2hf753r.jpg

#11 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 778 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 11:03 PM

Commentary doesn't win fights tho, thank God for that. It might sway the fans but it doesn't effect the outcome.

Just like in the UFC, I can't stand Joe Rogan on the mike. I find his commentary so annoying.

Haha. Yeah. He always sound like he's over enthusiastic and hyper. But I do appreciate his knowledge on grappling during play-by-play. But what annoys me more is Mike Goldberg.

To me he's the Bill McDonald of the UFC.

#12 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,473 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yes, like he's gonna have a heart attack trying to predict a fighters next move. Almost like he's commentating to a bunch off MMA noobs. 

Mike Goldberg is like a calm robot on a loop. 

I liked listening to the Strikeforce guys much better. Even Kenny Florian & Jon Anika are more pleasant to listen to. 

2hf753r.jpg

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 12:58 PM

But what annoys me more is Mike Goldberg.

To some extent I kinda agree.

I liked listening to the Strikeforce guys much better.

Mauro was awesome and still is.

yo.

#14 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,473 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 01:48 PM

Yep, Mauro's the man. I wonder where he's at. 

2hf753r.jpg

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 02:10 PM

^ Don't you watch Showtime boxing?

yo.

#16 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,473 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:07 AM

You right. I was thinking MMA-wise & as of recently, I no longer have Showtime. 

2hf753r.jpg

• 40,416 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:09 AM

Ahh damn, that's a terrible loss for the boxing game, especially since Golden Boy's been having the better fights overall.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users