Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 22, 2013 - 08:57 PM

AAAAAA

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!

I see what you're saying but Farmar has not played an NBA game in years! His skill set is generally known but nobody knows what he will contribute. This team, Farmar included, is a complete mystery for the most part.

I'm done.

#242 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Sad that this team is the deepest we've been in years and we may not have the wins to show for it lol. 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#243 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,116 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

why not say Farmar has the 'potential' to do more -_- 

it's closer to the truth.   But as it stands right now Blake has proved his worth in the NBA for the past 3 years, 2 of which Farmar was overseas so Farmar has to show it consistently at THIS level over Blake.

That is the point fido is trying to make.

You can't just out and out say "Farmar gives more than Blake" so soon.   Do we know if he's better defensively?  If he's a better playmaker?  etc etc?  Do we know if he could carry the Lakers offense on the 2nd half of a season without Kobe and be a key piece in them making the playoffs?

We don't know these things Blake has already proven.

So right now its way too soon to say Farmar gives this team so much over Blake.   He potentially could.  But he has to show it in more than just one pre-season game.   The potential for him to do more is there.  But to out and out state it is silly.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#244 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Depth doesn't equal experience together and in general.

Exactly. THANK YOU MAJESTY!

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:03 PM

But he has to show it in more than just one pre-season game.   The potential for him to do more is there.  But to out and out state it is silly.

Yes he has. When he was with the Nets in the past IN THE NBA, he had plenty of games where he showed it there too. When a player has already shown you what they can do, it's clear they are capable. Then it's just a matter of putting it together consistently, but the repertoire & arsenal is more extensive in Jordan's game than Blake's.

yo.

#246 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:05 PM

Wow, talk about not getting the point. Farmar was a giant disappointment with the Nets and didn't play much whatsoever.

Anyway, I still find Xavier Henry the most intriguing player on this team. A year with Kobe around him could vault him quite a bit.

#247 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,101 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Other than Harris and Kelly (both went 0/1) bench players all shot above 50% . YAY!

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Answer me this, can Blake create his own shot as effectively and in as many ways as Farmar can?

yo.

#249 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:08 PM

We don't know, Farmar has played overseas the last two years. You're basing your opinion on Farmar from years ago in a totally different situation and system. You and I both can't answer your question with factual backup.

#250 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:09 PM

Famar is a better athlete than Blake. The End lol. 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#251 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Great, off-base non-point / argument Big Fish. Quality stuff.

You guys all have cemented opinions before and after facts. I've tried over an over to explain but you're wacky opinions aren't going to change.

Have fun with your unfounded frustrations.

I'm done for the night.

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:12 PM

I've tried over an over to explain but you're wacky opinions

Opinion? So Farmar being more athletic than Blake is not a fact? What's so wrong with such a statement? Do you actually disagree?

yo.

#253 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,101 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:14 PM

You guys all have cemented opinions before and after facts. I've tried over an over to explain but you're wacky opinions aren't going to change.

Have fun with your unfounded frustrations.

I'm done for the night.

*your

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:16 PM

^ Lol, don't be douchey. That's like the most common mistake people around here make. Won't lie it irks me sometimes as well, but I usually just let it go instead of coming off as douchey.

yo.

#255 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:18 PM

It doesn't matter whether the Lakers come in to a season as contenders or underdogs, our season opener will always be nationally televised.

#256 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Opinion? So Farmar being more athletic than Blake is not a fact? What's so wrong with such a statement? Do you actually disagree?

I didn't think my opinion was completely off base at all... Anyway good win Lakers. Bench has to keep it up when the real lights shine. 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#257 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,579 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:26 PM

We KNOW what Blake is capable of. We know roughly how he's gonna produce this season. We know his caps - how a good season or how a bad season will look from him.

Farmar, on the other hand, we don't know what could happen. We don't know how he'd look at the highest point in his game, nor can we know the lowest point. We know what his role was in the championship squad, but we don't know how he's gonna respond other than that.

I think he'll be great, and will not be surprised if he starts in some games where Nash sits out for some rest. BUT, he might play like a scrub and play limited season most of the season. Doubt that, but it could happen. We pretty much know how much Blake will play at this point though.

#258 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,116 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Why the heck does someone have to be put down on our roster to build someone else up like when Farmar does well it means Blake sucks? -_-

Why can't they all get credit for helping the team win?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,385 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:34 PM

We know what his role was in the championship squad, but we don't know how he's gonna respond other than that.

Speak for yourself. I had league pass and saw plenty of him on the Nets. He expanded his game dramatically since leaving the Lakers the first time and then even more now coming back from Europe and it's already shown. Like I said, success or not, the tools have already been shown. I know he's got more in him. Just a matter of demonstrating it now consistently & proving it.

Why the heck does someone have to be put down on our roster to build someone else up like when Farmar does well it means Blake sucks? -_-

Don't put me into that group. I never said Blake sucks. I'm simply saying I believe Farmar is better and has the way higher ceiling.

yo.

#260 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,579 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 22, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Speak for yourself. I had league pass and saw plenty of him on the Nets. He expanded his game dramatically since leaving the Lakers the first time and then even more now coming back from Europe and it's already shown. Like I said, success or not, the tools have already been shown. I know he's got more in him. Just a matter of demonstrating it now consistently & proving it.

You pretty much emphasized my point. Yes, we saw what he can do under certain circumstances, but we do not know how he is gonna react in this one.

Does he have the potential? Of course.

The word 'potential' puts a rest to your argument. I'm saying that his potential could go either way (which is redundant, because potential is never guaranteed), while you're saying you've SEEN this potential. We're agreeing on different levels here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users