Photo

Golden State @ LA Lakers [Preseason]

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:06 AM

I lost so much damn respect today for the Warriors and Mark Jackson though. I couldn't believe how obvious that [expletive] was. It was ridiculous. I know it's just preseason, although I guess not for them, but man I hope we get some nice revenge someday soon. I was genuinely pissed about that bull[expletive]. Wtf man.

yo.

#82 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,931 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:10 AM

I lost so much damn respect today for the Warriors and Mark Jackson though. I couldn't believe how obvious that [expletive] was. It was ridiculous. I know it's just preseason, although I guess not for them, but man I hope we get some nice revenge someday soon. I was genuinely pissed about that bull[expletive]. Wtf man.

It's enough of a victory to know that two times now, the Warriors couldn't beat us, they were on the verge of getting blown the F out.   But we put our end of the bench guys in and then Mark put in his starters cause he was desperate to win.   

Seriously!?!? How bad would it have been if Farmar had played? How bad would it have been for them if Kobe was healthy?    what if WE had kept our starters in?

Heck what's even better what if our end of the bench guys had actually still won against his starters?  How embarrassing would THAT have been? 

It's just astounding to me that he was playing all his starters minus Iggy, and then he puts Iggy in and starts having Curry try to light us up single handedly along with iggy.   And then Xavier and Kelly answer back he gets even more worried.

It's just silly to me really.

As if getting his starters embarrassed by our bench the first game wasn't enough, I guess he couldn't take it 2 times, especially since this time he was getting blown out.   Cause heck he said the Warriors are gonna win 50+ games this season right?  Yet they can't seem to beat us without cheesing like he did today and we ain't got our full lineup back yet! Iggy can't stop Nick Young WHAT is gonna happen if Kobe comes back healthy.

I HOPE we make the playoffs healthy and playing well and the warriors are the first freaking team we face!

Edited by Majesty, October 15, 2013 - 06:11 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#83 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,087 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:12 AM

Don't worry guys, Kobe is keeping tabs. :cool2:

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:14 AM

Couldn't agree more Maj. Preach! I hope it lights a fire under this team and the coaching staff as well as much as it does some of us fans. It is just some straight up bull[expletive]. They are lucky as heck none of their key guys got hurt. Hope they all remember this well.

By the way, I've been out of +1s to give for a while now so I'm sorry for that, but no worries, I got a ton of people saved on my NRL list in the RT, which I'll get to & update when I'm actually able to.

yo.

#85 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,209 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:16 AM

woke up at 4:30am said naw screw it i have class @8am I need to sleep, i'll watch the replay later or wait for Cachooka to upload the full highlights

#86 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:18 AM

woke up at 4:30am said naw screw it i have class @8am I need to sleep, i'll watch the replay later or wait for Cachooka to upload the full highlights

We looked good, real good, and Nash finally looked like Nash.

Only downside was Blake was still off and Farmar didn't play.  Aside from that we were good.

#87 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:19 AM

I look at it like this. . Marc needed his starters to beat the Lakers second and third string and they still were struggling for that win
Posted Image

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:22 AM

Yeah, we really did. I'd say this was the best we've looked all preseason so far. It was a great game to watch all in all, until the bull[expletive] that was pulled in the fourt quarter by Mark Jackson and the Warriors. Other than that, very enjoyable game.

Swaggy P & White Walker were pure fire.

Pau was okay as well.

Xavier busted several threes.

R-Kelly even had a decent debut. Busted two himself.

The guy I was most disappointed with was Blake. I just haven't been that encouraged with his play overall for most of this preseason so far. He certainly hasn't been playing to the level he played to end the year last season. That's who we'd all want to see again.

Also, Farmar & Wes need to [expletive]in' play already. How serious are these damn injuries, my goodness. I understand the precautionary measures & all & it's preseason, but c'mon now, it's frustrating.

yo.

#89 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:25 AM

Yeah, we really did. I'd say this was the best we've looked all preseason so far. It was a great game to watch all in all, until the bull[expletive] that was pulled in the fourt quarter by Mark Jackson and the Warriors. Other than that, very enjoyable game.

Swaggy P & White Walker were pure fire.

Pau was okay as well.

Xavier busted several threes.

R-Kelly even had a decent debut. Busted two himself.

The guy I was most disappointed with was Blake. I just haven't been that encouraged with his play overall for most of this preseason so far. He certainly hasn't been playing to the level he played to end the year last season. That's who we'd all want to see again.

Also, Farmar & Wes need to [expletive]in' play already. How serious are these damn injuries, my goodness. I understand the precautionary measures & all & it's preseason, but c'mon now, it's frustrating.

yeah but Blake did have some good assists.

When Farmar finally plays he can spell Blake during those cold stretches.

Stress to say if Farmar and Wes had played today the game would have gotten more out of hand :laughing:    So Mark got desperate.    Forcing him to do that in a darn pre-season game... our depth is very good I just want to see it when Wes and Farmar can play. 

If we can play this well and Farmar and Wes can contribute Kobe COULD very well rest more before he comes back as well as play less minutes after he comes back.  Kobe looked like he was really happy on the bench.

Edited by Majesty, October 15, 2013 - 06:25 AM.

#90 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,703 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'll tell y'all this

can't judge Blake by how many shots he is hitting.

Gotta judge him by the offense why he's at helm. He brings a lot to the table , though I would be adverse to trading him and Meeks for a defensive PF, but yeah

Blake was good

Xavier looked okay

I like Elias' game 

Bigs were very good

#91 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,703 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:38 AM

I like Ryan Kelly

Dont know why, because Williams is better overall, but something about Kelly, seems like he can hit 5 3s in a game in 10 minutes.

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:43 AM

^ Ryan Andersen-like.

yo.

#93 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 517 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted October 15, 2013 - 08:30 AM

I think one of the reasons Mark did what he did is to promote the Warriors in China. Trying to snatch some fans for the home team to get merchandising revenue. I see this more of marketing stunt than anything else. 

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 08:34 AM

^ Then I would love to at least hear that explanation from him at least if so. Until then, I'm not willing to go out on that much of a limb and fully give him & the Warriors the benefit of the doubt.

yo.

#95 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:11 AM

James Worthy said it though, Mark already knows what he has in his starters, Bazemore and a few others. He literally has a 7 to 10 man rotation if not more. What was his real reason for leaving his starters out there? It was a freaking pre season game. It means absolutely nothing. What? You don't know what your going to get from Curry, Thompson, A.I and the rest of your starters. I didn't like that ish at all. Don't matter though. It just shows me that with our bench, we can still push them to close game. Without Kobe, more minutes to Pau, Chris, Nick or Nash.

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, October 15, 2013 - 10:12 AM.

Posted Image

#96 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,474 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 15, 2013 - 01:08 PM

Saw the whole game. Our offense looks really fluid. Our defense isn't bad, which is GREAT. LOL

Would've won if Mark didn't put in all his starters at the end like a [expletive].

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#97 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 15, 2013 - 02:21 PM

Nick Young looked real good out there, Kaman and Pau continue to be a deadly combo, Xavier was hitting from the outside this time, and Ryan Kelly seems like another high IQ big. 

It just seems to me that Blake really needs a break and Farmar needs to come back next game. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users