• Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 10, 2013 - 08:30 PM

Son of uh Bin Laden!!!!
Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 08:32 PM

So Nash is hurt already

Farmar & Wesley Johnson as well. Even our younger players. Jordan Hill is sore too.

yo.

#143 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,743 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 10, 2013 - 08:46 PM

Farmar & Wesley Johnson as well. Even our younger players. Jordan Hill is sore too.

I expect them to recover and play most of the games.

Nash I am not so hopeful about. Given his age and past year .. we may not see him for as long as we would like.

#144 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:03 PM

lol?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#145 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,623 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Nash isn't hurt.

He's tight.  He's been dealing with it since a week before training camp, but he's been able to play through it as it always loosened up in games, but today it didn't and it was getting worse, so he COULD have played through it but he decided not to as he didn't want any setbacks. 

So nothing to worry about.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#146 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,204 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 11, 2013 - 12:05 AM

Steve blank

0-10

Wow

#147 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,623 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 01:13 AM

Things to take away. 

Gasol and Kaman work well together very well together and their chemistry is only going to get better.

We had very balanced scoring as all starters except Nash who didn't play long scored in double digits.

The ONLY reason D'antoni didn't play Xavier more minutes is because Xavier was experiencing the same kind of soreness and cramps around his legs and D'antoni didn't want to "risk" losing him or make him overpush it in pre-season.

What that says is that D'antoni has bigger plans for Xavier in mind hopefully.

If He brings you to it, He'll see you through it.. I promise cramps arent gonna hold me back from excellin.. I respect the decision not to push it in the preseason. I have faith coach knows what's best for me and ima try to prevent it in the future. #LegsAreDead #GodHeals

Nick Young basically said that they as a group have been going basically for the past two months at it in training camp( a month long pre-camp with everyone and scrimmages included) and haven't rested yet, so this China trip will be good to give their legs some rest but also get them to work on things and bond as a team more.

So good news. 

Long as we continue to get better.

It was a 4 point game before we pulled all our starters and rested them except Meeks.

DJO, Sacre, Harris, Meeks, Williams closed the game and that's when the lead ballooned.   Otherwise it was close on both ends.

Even still the Kings ran some nice pick and pops on us today and gives us a lot of film to look at and things to fix, and there was a few communication breakdowns that will need some fine tuning off screens.   Kings obviously had the fresher legs.   Good first half, meh third quarter, and then everyone got pulled for the 4th and the game got away.

Meeks got 19 points.   But it's the 2-7 from three that will be remembered.   He needs to do better stretching the floor, because right now he's not proving to be much better than Metta at shooting threes.  Without the defensive benefit and ability to guard 3s.  He did shoot 6-13 which is almost 50% but the 5 wide open threes he missed were painful.

Steve Blake 0-10 and Steve Nash decided to rest the 2nd half because of muscle tightness that wasn't loosening up.

This means Jordan Farmar's rest period is over by the 15th which is their first game in China so 4 days of training camp and relaxation as well.

DJO as an athletic firecracker off the bench could help a squad in this league, not THIS one, but he could help a squad if given a chance and the right system.

The Lakers legs obviously gave way by the 3rd but it was still a close game.  But they seemed to lack energy,

This is understandable as they basically had a 2 month training camp, on top of that they played the most pre-season games in the West. 

To compare.

The Lakers have had 4 pre-season games thus far in the first week. 

OKC has had 2.  The Clippers have had 1.   The Kings have had 2.

The only team in the west with to us in games is Golden State with 3.  So it's understandable why our legs would give way a bit as well as cramps start piling up.

So resting Farmar and Johnson is good because they aren't getting it in China.  

Next four days will be nice to hear the updates of training camp and what we work on.  And the Warriors will be coming out to try to make a statement against us in that first game so we gotta be ready for it.  Keep getting better!!

#148 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 11, 2013 - 03:19 AM

Didn't realize Xavier was having problems, too. Would love to see Farmar and Johnson back next game. 

#149 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,049 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 11, 2013 - 04:35 AM

When I see a big turd on my nice clean car, i 'suppose' i can look at it as lovely shades of black,green,and white, but mostly i just see it as a big turd on my nice clean car.

Preseason. outcome unimportant. injury situation worrisome.

Things to take away. 

Gasol and Kaman work well together very well together and their chemistry is only going to get better.

We had very balanced scoring as all starters except Nash who didn't play long scored in double digits.

The ONLY reason D'antoni didn't play Xavier more minutes is because Xavier was experiencing the same kind of soreness and cramps around his legs and D'antoni didn't want to "risk" losing him or make him overpush it in pre-season.

What that says is that D'antoni has bigger plans for Xavier in mind hopefully.

If He brings you to it, He'll see you through it.. I promise cramps arent gonna hold me back from excellin.. I respect the decision not to push it in the preseason. I have faith coach knows what's best for me and ima try to prevent it in the future. #LegsAreDead #GodHeals

Nick Young basically said that they as a group have been going basically for the past two months at it in training camp( a month long pre-camp with everyone and scrimmages included) and haven't rested yet, so this China trip will be good to give their legs some rest but also get them to work on things and bond as a team more.

So good news. 

Long as we continue to get better.

It was a 4 point game before we pulled all our starters and rested them except Meeks.

DJO, Sacre, Harris, Meeks, Williams closed the game and that's when the lead ballooned.   Otherwise it was close on both ends.

Even still the Kings ran some nice pick and pops on us today and gives us a lot of film to look at and things to fix, and there was a few communication breakdowns that will need some fine tuning off screens.   Kings obviously had the fresher legs.   Good first half, meh third quarter, and then everyone got pulled for the 4th and the game got away.

Meeks got 19 points.   But it's the 2-7 from three that will be remembered.   He needs to do better stretching the floor, because right now he's not proving to be much better than Metta at shooting threes.  Without the defensive benefit and ability to guard 3s.  He did shoot 6-13 which is almost 50% but the 5 wide open threes he missed were painful.

Steve Blake 0-10 and Steve Nash decided to rest the 2nd half because of muscle tightness that wasn't loosening up.

This means Jordan Farmar's rest period is over by the 15th which is their first game in China so 4 days of training camp and relaxation as well.

DJO as an athletic firecracker off the bench could help a squad in this league, not THIS one, but he could help a squad if given a chance and the right system.

The Lakers legs obviously gave way by the 3rd but it was still a close game.  But they seemed to lack energy,

This is understandable as they basically had a 2 month training camp, on top of that they played the most pre-season games in the West. 

To compare.

The Lakers have had 4 pre-season games thus far in the first week. 

OKC has had 2.  The Clippers have had 1.   The Kings have had 2.

The only team in the west with to us in games is Golden State with 3.  So it's understandable why our legs would give way a bit as well as cramps start piling up.

So resting Farmar and Johnson is good because they aren't getting it in China.  

Next four days will be nice to hear the updates of training camp and what we work on.  And the Warriors will be coming out to try to make a statement against us in that first game so we gotta be ready for it.  Keep getting better!!

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

#150 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,623 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:27 PM

Didn't realize Xavier was having problems, too. Would love to see Farmar and Johnson back next game. 

Would like to see all three back while Nash rests.   Have Farmar play 24 mins.

Cause nights like the other night when Blake is off and Nash needs rest are the nights Farmar is needed, so when he's resting those nights we get stuff like Jodie Meeks having to play the 1.

So Farmar is VERY important to what we're trying to do.  I don't think he'll be allotted to rest anymore after this game as it's pretty much the microcosm of everything that 'could' go wrong if he doesn't play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users