Photo

I hate to say this, but Houston could be good this year

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 01:45 PM

perhaps you just have a bit of sand in your vagina? 

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

yo.

#22 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 10, 2013 - 02:08 PM

houston will be great, no denying that

spurs

okc

and rockets will be top 3 in the west guaranteed.

#23 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 10, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Why the hate? their fan's are [expletive]es. Especially after the whole howard debacle. Oh yeah, Howard is on that team. You know, the guy that had us whipped like a puppy dog the entire season thinking we would have a chance of re-signing him. Here's a clue, idc what howard said to the media before being a laker or after, he never wanted to be here. Then there is Harden. A guy who constantly talks ish to kobe and while being on OKC has caused us some hell. I see that being no different with him now being in houston with an up n coming team. Why should we like them?

You know a whole lot of Houston Rockets fans???

Who cares where DH is? He was here for one season and people are acting like he broke their hearts  :cry:

I can't blame DH for leaving; we hired MDA over Phil [expletive]ing Jackson. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#24 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,721 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted October 10, 2013 - 07:49 PM

they better hope they're good...imagine if they're not...and better yet if we're really good...

wouldn't that be delicious 

Posted Image

#25 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:01 PM

spurs

okc

I feel like with Westbrook not playing for awhile and Martin leaving. OKC at best might be 4th imo. I have Spurs, Rockets, Clippers, and Golden State ahead of OKC until Westbrook comes back.

#26 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,328 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 11, 2013 - 07:28 AM

You know a whole lot of Houston Rockets fans???

Who cares where DH is? He was here for one season and people are acting like he broke their hearts  :cry:

I can't blame DH for leaving; we hired MDA over Phil [expletive]ing Jackson. 

Who cares about Phil. If we can only win with Phil then this franchise is screwed

ap1.png

#27 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 07:41 AM

Who cares about Phil. If we can only win with Phil then this franchise is screwed

Maybe this hasn't sunk in...

The front office chose Michael D'Antoni over Philip Jackson. They chose a loser over a winner. What's done is done but it was a stupid ass decision. 

Some people have this strange resentment towards DH and I don't get it. He was a free agent who made a decision to go to another team...what's the big deal???

Did he ever say he was definitely going to sign with us? I don't remember him ever saying that. And, even if he DID say that...so what? How much do you want to bet that he'd still be here if the front office had hired PJ? Or maybe someone other than MDA?

Has Houston ever done anything to us? Have we had a back and forth tough rivalry with the Houston Rockets? Have they kept us from winning championships? From a historical standpoint, who are the Houston Rockets supposed to be that the LA Lakers are supposed to hate them? We're on Boston's heels; Houston is far behind in our rear-view mirror.

Edited by Windu, October 11, 2013 - 07:42 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#28 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,071 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:29 AM

Funny how some people can be so optimistic about the Lakers but so critical of the Rockets.  See a few games where Pau is enjoying Kaman's company and guys all of sudden think we are a better team before playing a regular season game. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 11:47 AM

^ At least we make our free throws. :D

yo.

#30 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 11, 2013 - 01:02 PM

spurs

okc

NOPE. They're not better than Golden State or the Clippers. Hell, I would say Memphis would mop the floor with them as well.

Edited by Paris, October 11, 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#31 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,285 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:14 PM

I've got Houston as the number one seed in the west this year. It will be between them and the Clippers for that top spot.

After about 20 games, they'll be tough to stop in the regular season. With no playoff experience together they won't go far, but the next season after, they'll be mighty dangerous.

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:25 PM

^ Are you confident they can win a championship with two of the worst free throw shooters in the league on their team in DH & Asik?

yo.

#33 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:30 PM

^ Are you confident they can win a championship with two of the worst free throw shooters in the league on their team in DH & Asik?

Play well enough and you won't need to count on free throws to win. 

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:32 PM

I believe if enough teams are as smart as the Spurs & Pop, that glaring weakness will bite them in the ass.

yo.

#35 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,204 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:34 PM

I still put okc and golden state ahead of Houston

Assuming curry and Bogut stay healthy that team is deeper and more talented top to bottom. That's if they stay healthy of course and we know Bogut, lee and curry are all injury risks

Bogut
Lee
Barnes
Iguodala
Curry

With Thompson and Landry off the bench. Good luck

Okc if Westbrook is healthy you still have 2 of the premier players in the league with a center who has been known to give Howard fits and defensive players who give harden fits

This was a sweep if Westbrook doesn't get hurt so Houston still has to catch up

I think Houston will be fighting with the clippers for 3rd. I think San Antonio takes a fall.

I think where Houston goes depends entirely on if Howard is anywhere near back to where he was preinjury. If his lift and explosion isn't back they'll just be a 2nd round exit

I'm hesitant to take the clippers over Houston but the clippers do have the better coach and have gotten significantly deeper by adding reddick to go with Crawford, Darren collison behind Paul, Dudley hitting shots

They are another team arguably more talented than houston
Posted Image

#36 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:40 PM

I believe if enough teams are as smart as the Spurs & Pop, that glaring weakness will bite them in the ass.

Another reason to hate the Spurs

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:44 PM

^ Why hate intelligent strategy? If anything, more teams should do it. We got bit in the ass ourselves by it a few times last season yet for some reason most teams were too stupid & let us off the hook not even doing it.

yo.

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:47 PM

That's not intelligent strategy. That's called "We're a sorry ass franchise that has to resort to bull[expletive] to win ball games". Beating SA is almost as satisfying as beating Boston. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:49 PM

^ Exposing a glaring weakness in the opposition isn't intelligent strategy? Okay.

yo.

#40 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:55 PM

^ Exposing a glaring weakness in the opposition isn't intelligent strategy? Okay.

It's like icing the kicker in football. Your team wasn't good enough to stop the opposing team, so you resort to weak ass desperate measures. It's poor competition and I expect nothing less from Popovich and the Spurs.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users