125 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 10, 2013 - 06:03 AM

Many would argue that they have the best 2 and 5 in the league (Harden and Howard) as well as the best defensive player in the league (Howard) - I personally wouldn't, but some would.

Other than that, they have a handful of really good roleplayers in Lin, Asik, Beverly, Jones, Parsons, Casspi, Brewer, Motiejunas, Camby, Garcia and Greg Smith. Incredibly, only Lin and Asik are being paid more than the minimum.

So in addition to having good guys, they're not paying tax and they have a good chance of making another move with some of their pieces.

I hate that [expletive] and hope they lose every game. In addition to rooting for the lakers, I now root for anyone playing Houston. [expletive] 'em.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, October 10, 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 10, 2013 - 06:47 AM

Why the Houston hate???

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 954 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 10, 2013 - 07:02 AM

They'll be good, but not great.

#4 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,458 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 10, 2013 - 07:06 AM

Harden is not the best 2 in the game unless Kobe comes back and looks bad (highly doubt it). Howard is the best 5 in the game and the best defensive player....no doubt about it.

I think they will be pretty good. Guessing they will make it to the WCF

#5 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:51 AM

On paper they look great but I don't think they will have enough cohesion. People want to point out that Houston is similar to Orlando in that they can shoot range and feed Howard, pretty simple. Except I don't think Asik and Howard will play well together, Lin is a mystery factor, plus their bench and our bench are average at best. So they will be a good team because of their stars, but health and chemistry will be the deciding factors on how far they go which I'd be surprised if they were a top 4 seed.

Plus I still don't get where the notion that as it stands today Harden is the best SG in the league. Too much of a volume shooter, hasn't displayed any real clutch moments, average ball handler, TO prone, and personally my biggest grief is he tries to initiate contact out in the perimeter too much.This is saying right now, a couple years from now when he develops his game and matures then maybe he'll be an all time great but not now.

#6 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 361 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 10:00 AM

Why the Houston hate???

#7 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,320 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted October 10, 2013 - 10:04 AM

I remember someone saying this before. I wonder who? :hmm:

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#8 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,448 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 10, 2013 - 10:31 AM

Why the Houston hate???

Because some [expletive]es don't learn to get over [expletive]

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 10:39 AM

Because some [expletive]es don't learn to get over [expletive]

Wow. I just saw a bit of the Houston game today and realized that they perhaps are going to be a bit better than i had expected/hoped. 

It looks like i'm not the only one who "don't learn to get over [expletive]" - or perhaps you just have a bit of sand in your vagina? 

#10 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,315 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted October 10, 2013 - 11:05 AM

lol!

#11 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,448 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 10, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Wow. I just saw a bit of the Houston game today and realized that they perhaps are going to be a bit better than i had expected/hoped. 

It looks like i'm not the only one who "don't learn to get over [expletive]" - or perhaps you just have a bit of sand in your vagina? 

I'm talking to all these people that suddenly hate Houston. We have no beef with them so why hate?

#12 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted October 10, 2013 - 11:32 AM

I'm talking to all these people that suddenly hate Houston. We have no beef with them so why hate?

Depends, I don't think being critical warrant the hating label as long as it is constructive. Who here has never been critical of Miami, OKC, SA and so on? Houston might end up being an elite team later on but as far as I am concerned until the first 20 or so games of the actual season start they are flawed from certain standpoints.

#13 Lemon

Lemon

Rookie

• 361 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 11:57 AM

If they end up being good, i'd probably only hate em as much as i hate Spurs and OKC. It would never get on the same level as Clippers, Boston, Miami. I get the hate for Dwight though. That guy is an idiot. He came to LA to practice his bad post game. 

They'll be good though. The only thing standing in their way is if Dwight prefers the Post game over the PnR again (idiot). 

#14 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,683 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 10, 2013 - 12:36 PM

They'll be fun to watch, but the playoffs will be where it happens.

Ultimately their bench is going to depend heavily on what Beverly can do and will come and go with what he does.    That plus no one has adjusted to them yet.  Their style of play and how they want to do it.    So once teams adjust and scout them correctly and how they want to play Dwight, and eventually how they want to play Asik and Dwight is when we'll see what they can do with it.

I'll be watching to see how they do, but thus far I haven't seen anything that tells me they are more than a 2nd round team that would be downed by the Spurs or the Clippers or OKC if Westbrook is healthy as Reggie Jackson > Patrick Beverly in their bench matchup and Jeremy Lamb is better than anyone the Rockets have on their bench as well.

So we shall see.

Best part was when the fans chanted Kobe's name at Dwight and he went 1-4 from the free throw line again ^_^

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#15 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,458 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 10, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Bench doesn't mean much in the playoffs when your stars are young.

#16 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,191 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 10, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Why the hate? their fan's are [expletive]es. Especially after the whole howard debacle. Oh yeah, Howard is on that team. You know, the guy that had us whipped like a puppy dog the entire season thinking we would have a chance of re-signing him. Here's a clue, idc what howard said to the media before being a laker or after, he never wanted to be here. Then there is Harden. A guy who constantly talks ish to kobe and while being on OKC has caused us some hell. I see that being no different with him now being in houston with an up n coming team. Why should we like them?

ap1.png

#17 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,068 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 10, 2013 - 01:03 PM

I hope they are. Count me as one of those fans who like more good teams than less. Makes for a better league.

Love beating the top teams and would much rather lose the occasional clunker to sac and torontos of the world than lose to elite teams

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

#18 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,068 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 10, 2013 - 01:07 PM

Why the hate? their fan's are [expletive]es. Especially after the whole howard debacle. Oh yeah, Howard is on that team. You know, the guy that had us whipped like a puppy dog the entire season thinking we would have a chance of re-signing him. Here's a clue, idc what howard said to the media before being a laker or after, he never wanted to be here. Then there is Harden. A guy who constantly talks ish to kobe and while being on OKC has caused us some hell. I see that being no different with him now being in houston with an up n coming team. Why should we like them?

He has every right to hate the lakers. Artest's elbow upside his noggin in the playoffs when he was on okc will do that to a player. Better rivalries due to physicality with the stakes high. Im in favor of that

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 01:22 PM

Just send DH and or OA to the free throw line when in doubt and you should be okay. Not that difficult. The chances are in your favor at that point, especially if they're on a nice run or have momentum, that can put a likely end to that. Might not work all of the time, but probably most based on the numbers. That may always hold them back more than anything if opponents are smart. The only team unfortunately I have full confidence in applying this annoying to some, but genius strategy is San Antonio with Pop.

yo.

#20 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,191 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 10, 2013 - 01:35 PM

He has every right to hate the lakers. Artest's elbow upside his noggin in the playoffs when he was on okc will do that to a player. Better rivalries due to physicality with the stakes high. Im in favor of that

yup, that is what im trying to say. There is bad blood, having playoff history with some players make things interesting. Just makes watchin sports fun

ap1.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users