14 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,591 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 09, 2013 - 02:31 AM

First trade idea of the season: Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks and a filler to Washington for Trevor Ariza.

Why Washington does it: They have Wall and Beal in the backcourt – but zero depth. On the wing, they have nothing but depth. This trade would give them two solid back-ups at the 1 and 2, respectively, and they can build around a back-court core of Wall, Beal and Porter with Blake, Meeks and Webster as backups.

Also, they're probably losing Ariza next summer anyway.

Why Lakers does it: The way Xavier Henry have looked in preseason and with Farmar back, I think Jodie Meeks and Steve Blake could be out of the rotation. Also, Ariza does two things very well, defend and shoot corner 3s, which we need, and he could be the kind of guy we could sign for cheap next summer.

Nash/Farmar

Kobe/Young/Henry

Ariza/Johnson/Harris

Hill/Williams/Kelly

Pau/Kaman

#2 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 2,723 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 03:58 AM

Yeah send Blake. The one guy who can effectively mesh with other veterans while playing PG and SG. Very smart idea.

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,591 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 04:35 AM

Yeah send Blake. The one guy who can effectively mesh with other veterans while playing PG and SG. Very smart idea.

Hey, I actually like Blake, but with Nash and Farmar, I don't see him (or Meeks) getting any minutes, so why not replace them with someone who we know can contribute at the 3. As much as I hope Johnson and Landry and those guys work out, we really don't know.

#4 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,011 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 09, 2013 - 05:04 AM

Ariza is not what he used to be. I'd keep Blake

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,591 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 05:14 AM

Ariza is not what he used to be. I'd keep Blake

Actually he is exactly what he used to be - a roleplayer, unfortunately it took him a while to realize this. 

Ariza's "problem" was that he was such a successful roleplayer that he (and Houston) thought he was good enough to be more than a roleplayer which resulted in a massive drop in effectiveness.

#6 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Off The Bench

• 2,778 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:17 AM

I'd do that trade. I don't think Washington would though.

#7 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,011 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:39 AM

Actually he is exactly what he used to be - a roleplayer, unfortunately it took him a while to realize this. 

Ariza's "problem" was that he was such a successful roleplayer that he (and Houston) thought he was good enough to be more than a roleplayer which resulted in a massive drop in effectiveness.

His defense is not where people say it is, we'd still have no one to guard LeBron, Melo or KD enough to at least slow them down.

21lsbya.jpg

#8 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,253 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 09, 2013 - 07:09 AM

His defense is not where people say it is, we'd still have no one to guard LeBron, Melo or KD enough to at least slow them down.

Who slows them down as an individual defender?

Not Paul George, and they don't stop each other. not Metta for sure, so who?

#9 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,011 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 07:44 AM

Who slows them down as an individual defender?

Not Paul George, and they don't stop each other. not Metta for sure, so who?

So you've never heard of them having a off game? It happens and Ariza is not the guy that will cause it. He'd get lit up by them especially if they took him into the post. It'll happen regardless with who we have now so why trade for a guy that we can try and pick up for cheap after this season while giving up a guy that should have a decent year for us in Steve Blake. 

21lsbya.jpg

#10 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,515 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 09, 2013 - 01:26 PM

never liked blake and meeks didnt match my expectations. yes.

#11 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 09, 2013 - 01:32 PM

Blake is solid and we'll need three point guards going into the season due to health concerns. 

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Sixth Man

• 3,809 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 09, 2013 - 04:18 PM

What is the obsession with Trevor Ariza lol.  The way the team is made up he isnt going to make them better and besides Washington has Eric Maynor backing up Wall.  Maybe you could trade Meeks there but for what? An equally useless player?  Blake IMO is better than Jordan Farmar so unless you just are hellbent on tanking (which lowkey most of you are but won't admit it) then why trade Blake?

Until Kobe comes back Meeks is needed on the roster.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#13 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,591 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 11:22 PM

What is the obsession with Trevor Ariza lol.  The way the team is made up he isnt going to make them better and besides Washington has Eric Maynor backing up Wall.  Maybe you could trade Meeks there but for what? An equally useless player?  Blake IMO is better than Jordan Farmar so unless you just are hellbent on tanking (which lowkey most of you are but won't admit it) then why trade Blake?

Until Kobe comes back Meeks is needed on the roster.

There's no obsession, dude. I think he could make them better. He's a better defender and 3pt shooter than Wesley Johnson and I could see him resigning here for cheap next season as well.

Blake is more diverse than Farmar, but he's getting older and slower and I really cant see him being part of the rotation going forward.

#14 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,158 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 10, 2013 - 04:18 PM

If you do that and Nash get's hurt, who is the back up PG?? 

#15 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Off The Bench

• 2,778 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted October 10, 2013 - 04:26 PM

so unless you just are hellbent on tanking (which lowkey most of you are but won't admit it) then why trade Blake?

Lmao. Jody, what the [expletive] happened here? Blake is ok (finally, knock on wood), but him being dealt sure as hell isn't a sign of tanking.

Ariza WOULD be a solid option. Not sure why so many are against it. Who's our starting SF again? Wes Johnson? Ariza would be the best SF if this went down.

If Ariza won't slow the likes of LeBron or Melo down, wait until you see Wes or whoever else plans on playing SF lay out the red carpet for them to the hoop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users