5 replies to this topic

#1 lns824

lns824

Rookie

• 59 posts
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2013 - 10:05 PM

''When I come back I want to make sure I'm at 100%. It's about getting that range of motion back where I feel like I can run comfortably - the last stage is the explosiveness and muscle endurance and that'll come.'' 

''I feel good. I feel like I'm ahead of schedule'' -Kobe Bryant

TRANSCRIPT:

On Germany and his progress:
Just making sure I take care of everything. I haven’t had this much time off in a very, very long time. So, when I come back, I want to make sure I’m 100 percent.

On whether or not this treatment is routine for him:
I do it every now and then. This year, I haven’t had a chance to run so I don’t know how the knee is gonna hold up—if it’s gonna be sore or what. So instead of taking that chance in the middle of the season trying to disappear to Germany then, I figure I do it right now.

On Judy Seto:
She basically—I had her captive all summer. She just went with me everywhere I went. But I feel good, she’s obviously done an incredible job and I feel very fortunate to be where I’m at this stage.

On how the process/rehabilitation has been going all summer:
It’s going well. I feel good. Obviously I feel like I’m ahead of schedule. It’s about getting that range of motion back where I feel like I can run comfortably and the last stage is really the explosiveness and the muscle endurance andthat’ll come.

On what he’s seen from his teammates so far:
I’m pleased with it. I like the way that we’re playing, particularly on the defensive end, I feel like we’re playing with a lot of energy. I think now it’s just about measuring the game the right way and being able to see what’s in front of you and make those adjustments on the fly, and that’ll come.

On Pau Gasol:
He’ll be in his natural (position) and that’ll be a playmaker and facilitator and the scorer when there’s no double teams and he’ll be able to control the pace of the game a lot more, which is what he’s more comfortable doing.

On the next step in his rehabilitation:
Just keep grinding. Just keep working. Working hard every single day and I gotta get in shape too, because Ive been sitting on my butt now for a while so I gotta get up and get moving.

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 10:07 PM

Whoops. A minute late. I put it in the stickied official Kobe injury update thread. Freel free to do as you please.

yo.

#3 lns824

lns824

Rookie

• 59 posts
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2013 - 10:16 PM

got u, not quite sure how to get rid of it, lol. edit doesnt give me a delete. ill try to be quicker next time. but it was a great interview and great result!

• 40,431 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 10:26 PM

^ No worries. Tis fine as is. Besides, I'm certain more people will see it this way, which is what matters most. Stories & updates sadly tend to get buried more & less viewed when they're posted in their already made corresponding threads as opposed to entirely new ones. I know from experience.

Good interview though. Sadly, still no real timetable, but he seems to be doing well at least so that's what's most important right now.

yo.

#5 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,548 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 08, 2013 - 11:18 PM

great interview

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#6 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,230 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 09, 2013 - 09:33 AM

is it me or is he having a tight lip more than usual?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users