Photo

Nuggets Vs. Lakers Highlights Plus Postgame Interviews (10/6/13)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 08:59 PM

Team Highlights:

https://www.facebook...?v=588330256295

Xavier Henry 15 Pts Highlights

Xavier Henry's Nice Fall-away Jumper

Nick Young Fastbreak Dunk:

Steve Nash Behind The Back To Steve Blake For Three:

Darius Johnson-Odom Driving Dunk:

(Time Warner Recap)

Spoiler

Postgame Interviews

Steve Nash On First Basketball Game In 5 Months

Pau Gasol On First Game Without Dwight Howard

Xavier Henry Reacts To Being Next To Kobe's Locker, Talks Injury, Lakers Vs. Nuggets Loss

Nick Young On A Bad Shooting Night And Technical Foul

Mike D'Antoni Details Injuries to Xavier Henry and Wesley Johnson

Spoiler

Edited by    , October 07, 2013 - 12:41 PM.

yo.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,179 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 06, 2013 - 09:00 PM

There should be one for Landry just on his perseverance and effort till his shots started falling, I swear I felt terrible for him, then he was hitting his shots and I felt happy :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#3 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 06, 2013 - 10:05 PM

I think I really missed Jordan Farmar during this game. Terrible offensive game from the Lakers, but I liked most of what I've seen on the defensive end. 

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 06, 2013 - 10:24 PM

Djo's dunk but not only his dunk, he looked like Nate could be his cousin and bledsoe could be his brother.

something about him, I think we need to trade Blake and Meeks for a rim protector on a tanking team. Emeka maybe.

Anyway, DJO is a nice 3rd PG after the steadiness of and shooting of Nash, and farmar's more speedy pure Pg play, DJop is just a bunch of energy who can run with some of our guys who can only do that well. Gamble , steal run up and down and hit some shots.

Like Shawne Williams as a Corey Brewer type but better.

optimistic, now I want to see the Bigs together, how will the 3 PGs play together and of course Kobe

#5 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,179 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 10:30 PM

Djo's dunk but not only his dunk, he looked like Nate could be his cousin and bledsoe could be his brother.

something about him, I think we need to trade Blake and Meeks for a rim protector on a tanking team. Emeka maybe.

Anyway, DJO is a nice 3rd PG after the steadiness of and shooting of Nash, and farmar's more speedy pure Pg play, DJop is just a bunch of energy who can run with some of our guys who can only do that well. Gamble , steal run up and down and hit some shots.

Like Shawne Williams as a Corey Brewer type but better.

optimistic, now I want to see the Bigs together, how will the 3 PGs play together and of course Kobe

I'm guessing we'll see Kaman next to Gasol next time around and Blake will get rest while Farmar and Nash play.

But as of right now Shawne Williams is deservingly the starting 4 spot in my opinion.  The guy shut down Faried on the boards and offensively that was amazing to watch.

Our defense has been AMAZING the last few games, literally kept us in it to the point our 3rd unit cut the lead to 7 and Shaw actually brought in Lawson to ensure he won the game.  Defense does that.  

I swear we rough our the edges in the offense and stick with those lineups that work(the ones without Meeks) and we'll be golden.   Kaman, Farmar, Henry, Young, Johnson NEED to stay healthy!!

If our defense stays this tenacious we'll blow teams out on the nights the shots are falling and we're not trying new things.    I think lineups with Henry/Johnson for defense and Henry/Young work well for offense. 

One thing I notice about Henry is his strength.  He's a tank and he's 22,  He's definitely a guy we should KEEP around.

Edited by Majesty, October 06, 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#6 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,889 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 06, 2013 - 10:34 PM

You've got to let the trade Blake thing go.  It ain't gonna happen.  Carrying three point guards and with the plays they'll run, having  all of them in tow will work out.

Johnson-Odom has cut written all over him.

Meeks however, has some work to do if he intends on remaining here.

Once the season begins Williams does not start over Hill or Kaman, no way, no how.

Only two games into the pre-season, so its terribly tough to get a gauge, but right now Henry, Williams and Landry will be the finalists fighting it out for a spot on the team.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,179 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 10:42 PM

You've got to let the trade Blake thing go.  It ain't gonna happen.  Carrying three point guards and with the plays they'll run, having  all of them in tow will work out.

Johnson-Odom has cut written all over him.

Meeks however, has some work to do if he intends on remaining here.

Once the season begins Williams does not start over Hill or Kaman, no way, no how.

Only two games into the pre-season, so its terribly tough to get a gauge, but right now Henry, Williams and Landry will be the finalists fighting it out for a spot on the team.

I just am hoping for Hill to gain his explosiveness back soon, he looks rusty along with Nash and Gasol out there and all 3 of them seem to be still finding their legs so I'd say maybe after another week when things are a little more 'finalized' we'll start seeing it more and more.   But having Kaman is a very good thing. 

I'm also thinking of the defensive prospects of Henry and Williams on the floor together and how that works.

needless to say I agree with everything you've said above though I think Williams thus far after the last 2 games is worthy of the spot but a lot of that has to do with how Hill has looked, when he gets his legs back he'll likely change my mind when he can cut and jump and rebound effectively again.

To me the guys that are basically on the bubble for making the team would be

Xavier Henry
Shawne Williams
Marcus Landry
Elias Harris
Ryan Kelly

We have room for 4 of them. 

So one of those 5 doesn't make it.

Thus far, Henry and Williams I think will make it. 

Landry I am unsure about, BUT if Meeks continues to look terrible Landry may be kept in prep for trading Meeks at the midway point of the season.

So then it comes down to haris or Kelly.   And since Shawne Williams has shown he can defend Faried as well as stretch the floor, and Kelly hasn't been able to show anything as of yet, they may look at keeping Harris over him. 

We'll probably have a better idea by the 2nd week as that's when Kelly is likely gonna play.

Edited by Majesty, October 06, 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#8 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 369 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 06, 2013 - 11:21 PM

Love seeing that fastbreak with Nash Young and Johnson  so glad I don't have to see Metta try to finish fast breaks anymore.

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,889 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 06, 2013 - 11:22 PM

I wouldn't go judging Hill by pre-season.  The guy is just getting his legs back under him.

Just happy to see Hill, Gasol and Nash all out there and able to work on getting their wind back.

I have a feeling Kelly will be a keeper once he's cleared to play.  The Laker management is awfully high on him.

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 11:29 PM

Just updated the first post with a couple of postgame interviews:

Steve Nash On First Basketball Game In 5 Months

Mike D'Antoni Details Injuries to Xavier Henry and Wesley Johnson

yo.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,179 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hey one thing about this play

Look at Faried's reaction. He WANTS to jump out of his seat but then stops himself and tries to play it cool by putting his hand on his face like he didn't just react... lol!

#12 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 07, 2013 - 03:09 AM

Xavier Henry needs to learn to keep the ball under control, but he makes the team in my mind regardless. If anybody showed that they wanted to play on our team, it's him thus far. 

#13 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 921 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 07, 2013 - 06:38 AM

All Xavier needs is a little Mamba guidance. If he embraces the guidance, he will flourish.

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 09:14 AM

All Xavier needs is a little Mamba guidance. If he embraces the guidance, he will flourish.

He needs much more than that. Handles need improving, outside shot is very suspect. Man defense needs work

he is just a NBA body with a desire to get a contract right now.

needs a TON of work

#15 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 921 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 07, 2013 - 09:45 AM

He needs much more than that. Handles need improving, outside shot is very suspect. Man defense needs work

he is just a NBA body with a desire to get a contract right now.

needs a TON of work

Which all come from a little Mamba guidance...

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think Wes and Nick are the players that can most benefit from kobe. I think all Kobe could do for Xavier , is set him up for easy slashing and shooting opportunities. his game is just so Earl Clark, more than a real wing player

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 12:35 PM

Just updated the first post with a few more highlight vids as well as several more postgame interviews:

Team Highlights:

https://www.facebook...?v=588330256295

Xavier Henry 15 Pts Highlights

Pau Gasol On First Game Without Dwight Howard

Xavier Henry Reacts To Being Next To Kobe's Locker, Talks Injury, Lakers Vs. Nuggets Loss

Nick Young On A Bad Shooting Night And Technical Foul

Edited by    , October 07, 2013 - 12:39 PM.

yo.

#18 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,281 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 07, 2013 - 12:54 PM

I really hope Henry makes the team 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 12:58 PM

^ As do most of us I'm sure. The only thing that concerns me that can potentially get in his way seemingly I think is MDA. I haven't been the most encouraged by his interviews & comments on him, overall body language more than anything. Hope I'm wrong of course though.

yo.

#20 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,281 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 07, 2013 - 01:02 PM

^ As do most of us I'm sure. The only thing that concerns me that can potentially get in his way seemingly I think is MDA. I haven't been the most encouraged by his interviews & comments on him, overall body language more than anything. Hope I'm wrong of course though.

at this point of time, I prefer Johnson over Henry, he seems fearless 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users