Photo

Where Does Peyton Manning Rank In Your Top 10 QBs Of All-Time?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,460 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 07, 2013 - 09:22 AM

Manning is like a robot out there, a bad mofo that Indy left for dead. Hard for him to win more SBs when he was going up against all those great Raven, Pats, & Steelers teams. 

veqdeg.jpg

#22 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,826 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 07, 2013 - 12:26 PM

I would have to say third. First in Marino and then second is Montana. Manning would be next.

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Dan Marino

Johnny Unitas

Brett Favre

John Elway

On the bubble: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Warner

Tom brady that high? In my opinion Brady is probably one of the most overrated qb's. Is he elite in todays league? Yep. Does he deserve to be on the mount rushmore of qb's next to Marino, Manning, and Montana? Hell no not even close.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, October 07, 2013 - 12:26 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#23 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,098 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 07, 2013 - 01:05 PM

I would have to say third. First in Marino and then second is Montana. Manning would be next.

Tom brady that high? In my opinion Brady is probably one of the most overrated qb's. Is he elite in todays league? Yep. Does he deserve to be on the mount rushmore of qb's next to Marino, Manning, and Montana? Hell no not even close.

My list is really not in any kind of order...although Joe Cool being at the top is accurate.

But bruh, Marino over Montana? lol no. Joe Montana is too clutch. Marino is probably more "mechanically-sound".

Pau Gasol is GONE

#24 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,460 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 01:19 PM

Brady overrated?!

15036707-surprised-black-man-taking-a-go

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,407 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 01:36 PM

Some people might wanna' say Brady's a tad overrated, but at the end of the day, he's still got those 3 super bowl wins. It's hard to deny that.

yo.

#26 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,826 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 07, 2013 - 02:32 PM

My list is really not in any kind of order...although Joe Cool being at the top is accurate.

But bruh, Marino over Montana? lol no. Joe Montana is too clutch. Marino is probably more "mechanically-sound".

Marino was throwing 4000 yards like it was nothing back when no one did it. When he cracked 5000 it took what another 25 seasons for anyone to break that? His td record also stood for another 20 seasons. Marino's numbers triumph everyone's and he played in the era where people didn't throw for those type of numbers. He was a pioneer of having the QB be the whole offense basically. He didnt have any help, and put up ridiculous numbers.

I say Brady is overrated because the only time he won the super bowl he had a top 5 defense, and they only won those games because of low scoring affairs thanks to their defense and ultimately their kicker won them. When Brady didnt have a top defense he was either out before the big game, or was a huge favorite to win the super bowl he got out played by the opponent qb. For the last 3 years actually Brady has been getting outplayed in the playoffs but people seem to over look that. Last year Joe Flacco looked leagues better then him, and the year before that when they beat the ravens Flacco out played him as well. Also the system they run in NE made Matt Cassle put up similar numbers of Brady and also helped Kyle Orton throw for 4000+ yards in Denver. Brady is a very sound and talented qb, but much of his success has been due to the system and the defense having his back. They have always been a team that hasnt had much of a run game but looking at his stats other then for a few break out years they dont show that. The saints are a team that like to balance the run more then the Pats, but Brees number in that system trump that of bradys. I would take Brees over brady and believe he is the better qb.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, October 07, 2013 - 02:35 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#27 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,098 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 07, 2013 - 03:27 PM

Marino was throwing 4000 yards like it was nothing back when no one did it. When he cracked 5000 it took what another 25 seasons for anyone to break that? His td record also stood for another 20 seasons. Marino's numbers triumph everyone's and he played in the era where people didn't throw for those type of numbers. He was a pioneer of having the QB be the whole offense basically. He didnt have any help, and put up ridiculous numbers.

I say Brady is overrated because the only time he won the super bowl he had a top 5 defense, and they only won those games because of low scoring affairs thanks to their defense and ultimately their kicker won them. When Brady didnt have a top defense he was either out before the big game, or was a huge favorite to win the super bowl he got out played by the opponent qb. For the last 3 years actually Brady has been getting outplayed in the playoffs but people seem to over look that. Last year Joe Flacco looked leagues better then him, and the year before that when they beat the ravens Flacco out played him as well. Also the system they run in NE made Matt Cassle put up similar numbers of Brady and also helped Kyle Orton throw for 4000+ yards in Denver. Brady is a very sound and talented qb, but much of his success has been due to the system and the defense having his back. They have always been a team that hasnt had much of a run game but looking at his stats other then for a few break out years they dont show that. The saints are a team that like to balance the run more then the Pats, but Brees number in that system trump that of bradys. I would take Brees over brady and believe he is the better qb.

A regular season stud...just like Peyton Manning.

Marino was throwing the ball A LOT. Joe Cool only had 500+ Pass Attempts twice in his career...Marino did that 11 outta 17 seasons. 

Marino wasn't the only one throwing for 4000+ back then:

- In '84, when Marino had 5084, Neil Lomax and Phil Simms threw for 4000+

- In '85, you had Marino, Elway, O'Brien, and Simms

- In '86, Marino had 4746 but Jay Schroeder, Boomer Esiason, and Bernie Kosar were at or near 4000 yards

- In '88, you had Marino, Everett, and Cunningham at or above 4000 (Marino)

- In '91, Moon led the league in yardage with 4690

- in '94, Marino had 4453 but Drew Bledsoe led the league in yardage with 4555, Warren Moon had 4264, and a few others were hovering around 4000

Dan Marino had help (Mark Clayton/Mark Duper)...maybe not as much as the likes of Joe Cool, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning but to say he had zero help is a gross exaggeration. 

I'm a lukewarm Tom Brady fan. But, you can't fault a player for 3 superbowl titles who also has some nice statistics of his own. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#28 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,460 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Warren Moon was the man back in the day! 

And yes, Marino had the Marks brothers to help out. Both were solid WRs. 

veqdeg.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users