#61 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,043 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 29, 2013 - 11:34 PM

I think Henry is perfect off the bench right now.    6th man role.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#62 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted October 29, 2013 - 11:45 PM

It's hard to say, because of two things:

1) Will he stay our 6th man, or play next to Kobe?
2) How much room will he have in this offense once Kobe and Nash start sharing the ball? Henry could be handed the role of a spot-up shooter, which would hurt him a bit.

I've always seen him as a Michael Finley, with the ability to play much better on the defensive end than Finley did. Am I saying he can be an all-star? Not exactly, but neither was Lamar Odom, and at one point, you could argue that he should have been.

Henry does a lot of things well, nothing great. Here's the kicker, though: there's a lot of room for him to do something great, and once that happens, he can break out and become an all-star level player. That would be his ceiling, although it's slightly high at the moment.

Well that's definitely ideal. If we somehow nab an all star by accident like this that would make rebuilding that much easier

Especially with how cheap Henry will be early

Having Henry reach his full potential would change the course of laker basketball IMO

If you get an all star for nothing m, no draft pick no money, and manage to sign him before he demands anything large

Suddenly you can pair two other guys with him while he's making nothing

Obviously that best case scenario but it would make things much easier
Posted Image

#63 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,338 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:20 AM

I think the all-star talks regarding Xavier is a bit premature based on one good game and a solid preseason.

However, if we somehow have found a diamond in the rough in Xavier, it could really change the current trajectory of this team - both this season and going forward.

#64 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 30, 2013 - 01:36 AM

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 2m

Henry said Kobe gave him some constructive criticism postgame, and @xhenry7 plans to go study film of those specifics tonight.

Kobe probably didn't like that block against Henry. He could also work on his freethrows a bit. 

#65 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2013 - 02:11 AM

I think the all-star talks regarding Xavier is a bit premature based on one good game and a solid preseason.

However, if we somehow have found a diamond in the rough in Xavier, it could really change the current trajectory of this team - both this season and going forward.

Well, again, it's a ceiling that I'm personally setting...very high, also, but it's not based on our first game.  I've had that idea for a while now, and that's centered around the skills he has proven to have over the course of his short career so far.

But, to reach that ceiling, he's going to need to become great at something (whether it's shooting, which was projected when he was drafted, or on-ball defense) and add to his skillset by being the second-hardest worker on this team (next to KB, of course). 

I wouldn't bet money on him becoming an all-star, but I would never rule out a slim chance of it happening.

#66 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,097 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 04:18 AM

He is only 22! In 3 years he could be our starting SG. A real gem for sure.

Now, the first thing he needs to do is not treat himself like a reserve player but an important player in this team. That is how you improve, and elevate to next level. That is how you demand respect from others, with your game and attitude.

Edited by Tensai, October 30, 2013 - 04:18 AM.

#67 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,689 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 30, 2013 - 07:06 AM

This guy has seemed to be able to drive to the basket at will against everyone he's played against so far

2div

#68 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 30, 2013 - 11:15 AM

I've been high on Xavier for awhile. Always said he needed the right environment. Hopefully he learns from Kobe about work ethic, fundamentals and studying. Needs to stay consistent as well.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#69 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 03:06 PM

Xavier himself has preached about consistency and just getting better. His mind is in the right place at least. 

#70 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,082 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 30, 2013 - 03:16 PM

I would like to see faster explosion from him. He doesn't seem very fast on his first step. I would like to find out more about his mentality when it comes to things. Does he want to be the greatest? just want to be a good player? content with only trying to be consistent? I would like to see his FT be much better.

There's hope, but need to see more. Our bench is not gonna score like that often, imo.

ap1.png

#71 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,490 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:06 PM

He uses fakes really well to get buy people and that occasional jab step to get the open jumper. Belgium teaches fundamentals well.

He got the starting role and came up big again with 17 points. Imagine how easy it would be with him when playing with Kobe. he'll get easy looks.

Needs to work on FTs and his jumper and midrange game.

Oh and work more on his right hand. He does these things he can be an excellent player

Edited by Ham, November 03, 2013 - 10:08 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#72 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,043 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:11 PM

Yeah very good player, lead us in scoring yet again.

#73 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Teams are figuring out how to deal with him when he drives to the basket. So like Stu Lantz said, Xavier will have to learn to fake the drive and pull up from the mid-range. Will add another dimension to his game. 

#74 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,043 posts

Posted November 05, 2013 - 04:56 PM

X is gonna have a rough time tonight, Shawn Marion is guarding him.  He'll have to earn it tonight.

#75 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 01:16 AM

X did not get any love from the refs against Houston. Hope he bounces back on the next game. 

#76 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,043 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, the name of the game with Xavier Henry is getting fouls and getting to the line, he was massacred in the paint about 3 times today to no calls.   It effects his field goal percentage but a majority of his shots are at the basket and under pressure.

He's still growing as a player and hit a rough patch.  However he's still effective, but when the whistle isn't blowing and he's going to the basket it's gonna effect that FG%. 

Hope he has a good game against the Pelicans, we'll need his energy after a draining win like tonight.

#77 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,043 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 11:22 PM

1. If you figured it all out today, what would be the point of tomorrow? ENJOY the process of being a work in progress. #Truth

#78 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,043 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 11:47 PM

With the stitches finally gone, he looked more like the Xavier we were excited about. Nice bounce back game.

• 40,378 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 11:49 PM

About time. Great to see. Hopefully he can carry this positive momentum into a nice streak now.

yo.

#80 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,043 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 10:03 AM

Yep, felt he'd have a nice bounce back game when I saw the stitches were gone, least they looked gone to me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users