#21 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 11, 2013 - 04:24 PM

not to mention he's been playing defense, trying on the defensive end as well and getting back on defense.   Those long arms are helpful though at times he does seem too eager to play the pass lane.  But seriously those first 2 games he was trying so hard on defense he almost fouled out heheh.

But I like how he's normally able to score around 13-17 points just casually in a game when he usually rests in the 4th.  It means he'll probably have his most productive year as a member of the Lakers which I will never complain about, the 17 ppg Nick Young, playing on defense and distributing the ball is a very good player to have.

If he just runs faster than Meeks on fast break opportunities, he'll be able to get six or eight easy extra points. 

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 47,945 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 11, 2013 - 10:20 PM

If he just runs faster than Meeks on fast break opportunities, he'll be able to get six or eight easy extra points. 

Well he can posterize people too =P so that helps.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#23 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,952 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:13 AM

I can only imagine what Nick is going to be like when he is focused. Hopefully the sleepy eyes isn't an herbal consumption thing. If he adopts any of Kobe's work ethic and is open to change, Nick is going to be a beast

#24 Majesty

Majesty

• 47,945 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:19 AM

Nick looked VERY good today, this system is getting him some great looks and he's playing within it and most of the time controlled.  7-10 today with 3 assists.  I liked what I saw.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 41,840 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:28 AM

Indeed. Awesome game from him today. He really looked like a poor man's Kobe out there today at times, lol. Again man I can only smile cause it's so refreshing after all these years finally having another guy on the perimeter to help Kobe, who can legitimately create his own shot in a multitude of ways. We are again very fortunate to have been able to get him and for the price we did. Big help.

yo.

#26 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:54 PM

Only Nick Young can stop Nick Young. 

#27 Majesty

Majesty

• 47,945 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thus if he plays under control most of the time like he has been he'll be a very valuable weapon for us, whether starting with Kobe or off the bench for a spark with Farmar, Henry, Williams and Hill.

#28 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,952 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 20, 2013 - 05:04 AM

Didn't know he didn't have in UPS in his legs, but Swaggy P's handle is crazy!!! Going to be a fun year

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 47,945 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 10:19 PM

Good game form Young coming off the bench  13/4/4

• 41,840 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 01:39 AM

Didn't look as comfortable to me last night being inserted back into the starting lineup again, but oh well. I'm sure he understands it's still gonna' take time to get consistency out of MDA's lineup decisions. His game was okay tonight, but it really hurt there for a stretch when he missed like three consecutive threes, two of them I believe rather open as well.

yo.

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 47,945 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 03:01 AM

Agree didn't look as good starting but it was smart to go with him on parsons instead of Xavier early on as Xavier is still a little wet behind the ears guarding someone like that and given all the calls the Rockets got last night it was probably very smart.

Seems like he's excel in the off the bench role more so than starting but he did get more open opportunities than per usual he just has to knock them down.

• 41,840 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 12:21 AM

Since when did Nick Young delete his twitter & why?

yo.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 47,945 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 12:40 AM

Second time.  I guess he wants to re-focus. 

I notice when Kobe gave him a pep talk on the sidelines he came out on FIRE.

Seriously, Kobe is like Nick's idol, he pretty much inspires him.   Kobe with this team in that starting lineup is something I really want to see.

I want to see how Kobe and Nick play together.

#34 KOBEBEAST

KOBEBEAST

LEGEND

• 131 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2013 - 03:00 PM

He's a good 3 point shooter.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 47,945 posts

Posted November 13, 2013 - 02:44 PM

A good game off the bench as per usual lately this season off of it.

#36 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 02:11 AM

Terrific performance. His consecutive threes brought back our energy to go on a run that eventually sealed this game. 

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• 47,945 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 02:21 AM

Terrific performance. His consecutive threes brought back our energy to go on a run that eventually sealed this game. 

Yep he started the rush that we had.

I think he's the 4th in scorers off the bench in the NBA thus far.  He may have moved up to 3 after tonight actually.

#38 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 02:40 AM

Still waiting anxiously for the Nick Young that dropped 30 on us years ago. 

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 47,945 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 03:09 AM

Still waiting anxiously for the Nick Young that dropped 30 on us years ago. 

I'd rather have the Nick Young playing a patient, controlled game off our bench getting good shots and not wild ones he can get away with because of his athleticism and also looking to pass to his teammates over that one.

#40 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted November 18, 2013 - 03:56 AM

Of course, I love this more controlled Nick Young as well...but man oh man, do I want to see him just take over a game one of these days...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users