57 replies to this topic

#1 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 05, 2013 - 06:09 PM

The scoring wing is now going to learn with Kobe...

He gets the start tonight out there with fellow new laker kaman, and the bench players from last year

I want to see points!
And swag!

• 38,978 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 06:10 PM

Player Evaluations. Make a page/thread for him.

That subforum/section needs to dramatically be updated. Missing basically all of the new players. I mentioned this a while back and no one said or did a thing. Please.

yo.

#3 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 05, 2013 - 07:31 PM

Leading team in points!

Henry looks really good as well

#4 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,946 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted October 06, 2013 - 06:28 AM

One of my Fav Lakers. 

Cali kid playing for the Lakers.  :thumbup:

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#5 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 06, 2013 - 08:36 AM

With Nash and Kobe he should be able to flourish

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,496 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:30 AM

We know Nick Young offensively already.

But defensively he's been putting forth a LOT of effort the first two games, taking advantage of his length. 

He got 2 steals in game 1 and 3 steals in game 2.  

I know it's not a huge sample size but Nick Young is trying defensively thus far and I think that's what we should watch him on, we already know the inns and outs of him offensively.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#7 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:54 AM

lol he got a tech during a preseason game cuz he felt so frustrated. He actually cares about winning every game. 

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 01:20 AM

lol he got a tech during a preseason game cuz he felt so frustrated. He actually cares about winning every game. 

I'm sure Kobe likes that.  And Young got messed up cause he couldn't get foul calls either when he went to the basket.

Amazing, Kobe sent him a pair of his own personal shoes and he winds up getting jibbed by the refs just like Kobe lol ;)

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,597 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 04:21 AM

The only thing I want to see from Nick Young is better shot selection. I can live with him being underwhelming in all other stat categories than points, but he needs to score the right points.

• 38,978 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 11:20 AM

^ Well being about the only legitimate shot creator on the team outside of Kobe on the perimeter, it's inevitable especially he's gonna' take some bad shots. Kobe does as well, just that he tends to make them more than anyone in the league.

yo.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:33 PM

^ Well being about the only legitimate shot creator on the team outside of Kobe on the perimeter, it's inevitable especially he's gonna' take some bad shots. Kobe does as well, just that he tends to make them more than anyone in the league.

What I do like is that he is looking to facilitate more often than he usually has.  His assists against Denver were a  beaut!

• 38,978 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:37 PM

^ Yes! He is buying in early and that's a great sign. He wants to please the coaching staff and his teammates. He wants to do all he can to leave a good impression and feel wanted next year again.

yo.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:54 PM

^ Yes! He is buying in early and that's a great sign. He wants to please the coaching staff and his teammates. He wants to do all he can to leave a good impression and feel wanted next year again.

not to mention he's been playing defense, trying on the defensive end as well and getting back on defense.   Those long arms are helpful though at times he does seem too eager to play the pass lane.  But seriously those first 2 games he was trying so hard on defense he almost fouled out heheh.

But I like how he's normally able to score around 13-17 points just casually in a game when he usually rests in the 4th.  It means he'll probably have his most productive year as a member of the Lakers which I will never complain about, the 17 ppg Nick Young, playing on defense and distributing the ball is a very good player to have.

Edited by Majesty, October 11, 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#14 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 04:24 PM

not to mention he's been playing defense, trying on the defensive end as well and getting back on defense.   Those long arms are helpful though at times he does seem too eager to play the pass lane.  But seriously those first 2 games he was trying so hard on defense he almost fouled out heheh.

But I like how he's normally able to score around 13-17 points just casually in a game when he usually rests in the 4th.  It means he'll probably have his most productive year as a member of the Lakers which I will never complain about, the 17 ppg Nick Young, playing on defense and distributing the ball is a very good player to have.

If he just runs faster than Meeks on fast break opportunities, he'll be able to get six or eight easy extra points. 

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 10:20 PM

If he just runs faster than Meeks on fast break opportunities, he'll be able to get six or eight easy extra points. 

Well he can posterize people too =P so that helps.

#16 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,158 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:13 AM

I can only imagine what Nick is going to be like when he is focused. Hopefully the sleepy eyes isn't an herbal consumption thing. If he adopts any of Kobe's work ethic and is open to change, Nick is going to be a beast

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:19 AM

Nick looked VERY good today, this system is getting him some great looks and he's playing within it and most of the time controlled.  7-10 today with 3 assists.  I liked what I saw.

• 38,978 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 06:28 AM

Indeed. Awesome game from him today. He really looked like a poor man's Kobe out there today at times, lol. Again man I can only smile cause it's so refreshing after all these years finally having another guy on the perimeter to help Kobe, who can legitimately create his own shot in a multitude of ways. We are again very fortunate to have been able to get him and for the price we did. Big help.

yo.

#19 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 03:54 PM

Only Nick Young can stop Nick Young. 

#20 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,496 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thus if he plays under control most of the time like he has been he'll be a very valuable weapon for us, whether starting with Kobe or off the bench for a spark with Farmar, Henry, Williams and Hill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users