#102 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,555 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 23, 2013 - 06:59 PM

Knicks lose again this time playing their starters, Bucks first win.  

Knicks haven't looked too impressive.  For the record neither has Brooklyn. 

OKC is currently getting dominated by Chicago.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#103 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,555 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Rose on fire from 3

#104 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,398 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:07 PM

Good game from Lamb

#105 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,243 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted October 23, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Damn, Rose is scary as hell if that shot is going for him.

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#106 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 23, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Obviously the biggest news out of preseason is Rose looking like a bloodthirsty monster. 

#107 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted October 24, 2013 - 02:41 AM

Obviously the biggest news out of preseason is Rose looking like a bloodthirsty monster. 

And he is sniping from long range! lol

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#108 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,398 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted October 24, 2013 - 07:50 AM

He was struggling for the most part last night and only started to go off near the end against the Thunder 2nd and 3rd string guys.

#109 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted October 24, 2013 - 09:02 AM

If Rose is anything close to what he was 2 years ago, with that supporting cast and coach, the Heat will have a real challenge this year.  I really like their starting 5 and first 2 off the bench.  Well constructed team and great hire for a coach.

#110 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,270 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 24, 2013 - 10:58 AM

Rose

Butler

Deng

Boozer

Noah

Kirk

Gibson

Nazr

#111 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 25, 2013 - 10:18 PM

Dwight has been playing as he should the last...two games? And the Rockets look real good. 

#112 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,555 posts

Posted October 25, 2013 - 10:46 PM

Clippers lost to the Kings.  After a good first quarter, the wheels fell off as suddenly the Kings realized the Clippers can't stop anybody defensively with anyone except Jordan. 

So the Kings then went on a 22-6 run and Isaiah Thomas went off for 27 points.   This is the second time Sacramento has beaten them by double digits and the Clippers were in fact playing their starters.  By the end of the 3rd it was obvious who was going to win. 

Clippers thus far haven't impressed me and their bench has a lot of names but I'm not sure they fit in the best aspects.

The Clippers got a defensive coach that believes in post play and defensive hustle.  

The front office surrounds him with floor spacers that can't play defense and tell him to try to make Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan his post attack...

Once again this looks like a team Chris Paul is going to have to carry and dominate the ball with and create a shot for everyone not named Crawford, just like last year.

Dudley hasn't made an impact,  Barnes is coming off another injury, Blake looks uncomfortable. 

Chris Paul doing everything.   But defensively they can't stop anyone.   Not a single defender is on that team aside from Chris Paul and Deandre Jordan.   

Like I said, they got Doc Rivers but then built the teams as if they had Mike D'antoni, but with no Kurt Rambis.  

Gentry is on the coaching staff and it looks like they built the team around him and not Doc.

Doc is a great coach but he's looking like the wrong hire thus far for the type of style necessary for this team to win.   Blake Griffin shooting jumpers....not pick and rolling often..... instead attacking primarily in the post.    

Blake Griffin is not Tim Duncan no matter how many bank shots he attempts and Doc seems to be trying to play him as if he is.  And Deandre Jordan is no Robinson either.

A center in Mullens that has no inside game and takes only threes...

Redick and Collison who together don't give them what Bledsoe does.   Dudley... not making a Butler-like impact as of yet.  Jamison looking older. 

Clippers not impressing right now for a team that's supposed to be top 3 in the West this year with championship aspirations.   As a team they shot 38% from the field in an offense they don't look like they are comfortable with at all, and 27% from three while their bench isn't playing with any cohesion outside of "Crawford iso" and "pray Redick is open off ball". 

The fact they are still playing this way in the last game of the pre-season would worry me if I was a fan of theirs.  Doc isn't really a master of offensive schemes, he hangs his hat defensively or in the post, and they have no defenders outside of Paul and Jordan.. and their team defense lasts for about a half of the first quarter... and not a post player in sight so....  If they are wanting them to be a top 3 team in the West or the league in general if you're a fan you're a bit skeptical right now. 

Maybe they'll finally click 10 games into the season but right now they look real 'uncomfortable' with their offense and their defense imo.  

The talent on the team can get wins off broken plays and isolations, but the cohesion as a team, it's a bit off imo.

Edited by Majesty, October 25, 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#113 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,399 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 26, 2013 - 12:19 AM

was that a flop?

Posted Image

#114 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,004 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 26, 2013 - 12:28 AM

was that a flop?

Maybe

Although Marc is strong.

Meanwhile... Houston with beveraly and Howard. Scary defense inside and out

#115 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,555 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 10:36 AM

was that a flop?

yeah it was a fake "don't push my teammate" around thing trying to act like they have a chip.  Till Randolph came over and made him see the heavens.

Announcers are homer annoying as heck. 

On a side note: It's astounding how I'm hearing how great a defender Beverly is now after one good performance against turnover machine Jrue Holiday.   even saw someone compare Patrick's defense to a prime Payton...

are you freaking kidding me?

Edited by Majesty, October 26, 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#116 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,826 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 26, 2013 - 12:26 PM

yeah it was a fake "don't push my teammate" around thing trying to act like they have a chip.  Till Randolph came over and made him see the heavens.

On a side note: It's astounding how I'm hearing how great a defender Beverly is now after one good performance against turnover machine Jrue Holiday.   even saw someone compare Patrick's defense to a prime Payton...

lol stop hating

#117 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,555 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 12:31 PM

lol stop hating

#118 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,399 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted October 26, 2013 - 01:01 PM

lol stop hating

Hating?
I think he has a point.
And the announcers are really annoying.
Posted Image

#119 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,826 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 26, 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hating?
I think he has a point.
And the announcers are really annoying.

How is Howard being fake?

He is sticking up for his teammate like a good teammate would.

And its not like Howard is a fake tough guy...

• 38,981 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 06:07 PM

Saw the game as well and saw that play. Yes, an obvious flop and yes the announcers are bias as heck sometimes & incredibly annoying. Just be glad Clyde Drexler wasn't there for that game. He tends to be the worst one of the three in my opinion.

Rose

Butler

Deng

Boozer

Noah

Kirk

Gibson

Nazr

They shouldn't have let Nate Robinson go still imo and you're forgetting the addition of Mike Dunleavy Jr. though. Guy is a sniper. They may have lost Rocky, but at least they found a suitable replacement shooter in MD.

Dwight has been playing as he should the last...two games? And the Rockets look real good. 

I have to admit as much as it paints me so. The Rockets look a lot deeper than I expected. Their third string PG is Aaron Brooks. Crazy man & they've done an incredible job of surrounding both Dwight & Asik with 3 point snipers all over the floor.

I always wished we could've found a way to get Garcia, at least over Meeks. He seems so much more reliable, but almost as importantly, he's way tougher & a more fierce competitor. He did quite the job on Durant last season in the playoffs. Mighty surprising & impressive.

Clippers lost to the Kings.  After a good first quarter, the wheels fell off as suddenly the Kings realized the Clippers can't stop anybody defensively with anyone except Jordan. 

So the Kings then went on a 22-6 run and Isaiah Thomas went off for 27 points.   This is the second time Sacramento has beaten them by double digits and the Clippers were in fact playing their starters.  By the end of the 3rd it was obvious who was going to win. 

Clippers thus far haven't impressed me and their bench has a lot of names but I'm not sure they fit in the best aspects.

The Clippers got a defensive coach that believes in post play and defensive hustle.  

The front office surrounds him with floor spacers that can't play defense and tell him to try to make Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan his post attack...

Once again this looks like a team Chris Paul is going to have to carry and dominate the ball with and create a shot for everyone not named Crawford, just like last year.

Dudley hasn't made an impact,  Barnes is coming off another injury, Blake looks uncomfortable. 

Chris Paul doing everything.   But defensively they can't stop anyone.   Not a single defender is on that team aside from Chris Paul and Deandre Jordan.   

Like I said, they got Doc Rivers but then built the teams as if they had Mike D'antoni, but with no Kurt Rambis.  

Gentry is on the coaching staff and it looks like they built the team around him and not Doc.

Doc is a great coach but he's looking like the wrong hire thus far for the type of style necessary for this team to win.   Blake Griffin shooting jumpers....not pick and rolling often..... instead attacking primarily in the post.    

Blake Griffin is not Tim Duncan no matter how many bank shots he attempts and Doc seems to be trying to play him as if he is.  And Deandre Jordan is no Robinson either.

A center in Mullens that has no inside game and takes only threes...

Redick and Collison who together don't give them what Bledsoe does.   Dudley... not making a Butler-like impact as of yet.  Jamison looking older. 

Clippers not impressing right now for a team that's supposed to be top 3 in the West this year with championship aspirations.   As a team they shot 38% from the field in an offense they don't look like they are comfortable with at all, and 27% from three while their bench isn't playing with any cohesion outside of "Crawford iso" and "pray Redick is open off ball". 

The fact they are still playing this way in the last game of the pre-season would worry me if I was a fan of theirs.  Doc isn't really a master of offensive schemes, he hangs his hat defensively or in the post, and they have no defenders outside of Paul and Jordan.. and their team defense lasts for about a half of the first quarter... and not a post player in sight so....  If they are wanting them to be a top 3 team in the West or the league in general if you're a fan you're a bit skeptical right now. 

Maybe they'll finally click 10 games into the season but right now they look real 'uncomfortable' with their offense and their defense imo.  

The talent on the team can get wins off broken plays and isolations, but the cohesion as a team, it's a bit off imo.

As the games progressed more & more and I didn't really see any signs of significant growth, I must now agree more than ever, at least at this point. They don't seem to have any great rhythm offensively collectively as a unit and defensively the wheels have seemed to have fallen off as well.

The only thing I'll disagree with you about a little is on Collison. He's been fantastic for the most part and even defensively (when he's not involved in a mismatch), he can get after it as well. I don't think there will be that much drop-off with him, but I do think they will miss Caron Butler. Guy was tough as nails & a fierce competitor. I kinda thought similar of Dudley, but so far he's been very disappointing and something he can't change even if he tried is that he's nowhere close to as athletic as Caron nor as legitimate a shot creator. Clippers may have dropped the ball on that one.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users