#81 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,741 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 18, 2013 - 07:15 PM

^ This. Just more exaggerated Johnson sucking.

Clippers about to play in a bit. If you guys haven't seen them yet, I suggest you give their new team a look, especially if they decided to play some of their better guys. They already look quite different in my opinion with the new system in place, especially defensively.

It could get real ugly for us the first game as it much as it pains me to say.

I am watching it.  And wondering why they hired Doc Rivers when obviously they wanted Mike D'antoni :laughing:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#82 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,325 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted October 18, 2013 - 07:28 PM

LeBron's post fadeaway looks the same.

ESPN is just deciding to focus on it as if it's something new.

Remember when they said LeBron added the "skyhook" when it was a basic hook shot?

Just because it looks the same to you doesnt mean it looks the same to me. Lebron's post game and his fadeaway is a lot better now. He's  lot more calmer and his mechanics has gotten a lot better and it seemed like he's been working on that in the off season. He still needed to improve on his post game because it still needed work and he still needed to be used to being in the post more and it seems like he did just that. He wasn't hitting that fadaway every time he posted up but  I've seen him hit it like 3 straight times.

ESPN doesnt have a thing to do with Lebron improving his post game. plus it was on TNT.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, October 18, 2013 - 07:38 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#83 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,741 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 07:38 PM

Just because it looks the same to you doesnt mean it looks the same to me. Lebron's post game and his fadeaway is a lot better now. He's  lot more calmer and his mechanics has gotten a lot better and it seemed like he's been working on that in the off season. He still needed to improve on his post game because it still needed work and he still needed to be used to being in the post more and it seems like he did just that.

ESPN doesnt have a thing to do with Lebron improving his post game. plus it was on TNT.

TNT is the same way.  

To me

LeBron's fade away looks the same.   Just because it fell twice more during the pre-season means he changed it imo. 

He worked on it this off-season because it's part of his game, he worked on all aspects of his game this off-season, it's what professionals do.  It's nothing new he added to his game.  Or to it.  Is it now a dream shake? No.. does he fake with it to set forth an up and under?  No.. is it a way for him to reverse spin to the basket after pump faking with it? No.... it's the same as it's always been.  Quick post up spin turnaround jumper that's one of his three post moves he's always had since 3 years ago.

His post game will still revolve around his turnaround jumper and his weak side drive, that's about it and all he's really needed.

His footwork looks the same, and he isn't adding any different pivots or fakes to it as of yet.

LeBron worked to improve his overall game this summer, as he does every summer.

But when he says stuff like "I worked on some things and I'm not gonna tell you."

The media is gonna pinpoint everything.

I guarantee you if he drove to the left and to the right to the basket they would run back Michael Jordan saying he only goes one way to do one thing and another way to do another and declare that because of Jordan's words he worked on driving in the other direction ;)

Edited by Majesty, October 18, 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#84 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,325 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 07:42 PM

I never said it was something new he added to his game or he changed it or even looked the same I said he has gotten BETTER and IMPROVED his post game and his fadaway. So wtf is u talking? He looks a lot more calmer in the post and his mechanics has gotten better just because you don't see that dont mean its the same.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, October 18, 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#85 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,741 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Clippers look..... ok.

It seems like Doc is trying to make them learn how to play a slowed down halfcourt set but their strength is obviously in the run and gun. 

They are getting some good shots but struggling at the pace and seem more used to running.

Works a little when CP3 is out there but still, they look like they are adjusting to playing slower. 

#86 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,325 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yeah I think that is what Doc is trying to do is still let them play to their strength which is run and gun but teach them how to play a slowed down halfcourt set because that is what they need when it comes to the playoff time. Hope they Rot!

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, October 18, 2013 - 08:25 PM.

• 40,399 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 11:28 PM

Clippers look..... ok.

Is the only game you've seen so far? Honestly? They've looked a lot better in some of the previous games. Dudley's been rather awful so far and the big they brought over from Charlotte's been rather terrible for the most part.

This, gotta' admit, was nasty tho, except for hitting his own teammate in the face with ball (that wasn't cool):

yo.

#88 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,741 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:19 AM

yeah they have exciting games but they sorta still look just... "ok" to me.

They look best as usual in the open court and when they can get off their offense early in the shot clock. 

But when Doc has them play from the post, or has Deandre OUT of the paint and Blake shooting perimeter jumpers it doesn't look right for some reason like it looks off rhythm.

Like I said, the way the roster is made, it would cater to a coach like D'antoni more than Rivers.

Rivers is trying to make them play slowed down half court basketball and getting Blake and Jordan to suddenly have post games and post passing ability, but at the same time it may be taking away their strengths.

This isn't an old team it's a young team and he's playing them as if they are an old team similar to what Shaw is trying to do with Denver.

Clippers look "ok" but they have their flashes but I'm not so sure this is the right system for them, Blake along the perimeter, Deandre NOT in the paint, Mullens being set up for threes primarily.   Eh... I'll withhold judgement though.

• 40,399 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:30 AM

Rivers is trying to make them play slowed down half court basketball and getting Blake and Jordan to suddenly have post games and post passing ability, but at the same time it may be taking away their strengths.

This isn't an old team it's a young team and he's playing them as if they are an old team similar to what Shaw is trying to do with Denver.

Clippers look "ok" but they have their flashes but I'm not so sure this is the right system for them, Blake along the perimeter, Deandre NOT in the paint, Mullens being set up for threes primarily.   Eh... I'll withhold judgement though.

You are right on point, however, as you said, you should withold judgement though cause I suspect they are still somewhat in the experimentation stages & they will make adjustments as they see fit & time goes on. I believe Doc is too good to just stay a certain style & not adapt if need be. He'll figure it out more or less.

Besides, he's got Gentry at his side as well. You would think Doc is known to specialize a bit more on the defensive side of the ball while Gentry on the offensive side. Gentry's obviously very similar to D'Anonti so at least if Doc can't seem to work it more his way, he's got a sidekick & other alternative for the offense to fall back more on & cater to the personnel in in Gentry.

yo.

#90 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,741 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 12:59 AM

If they start struggling under Doc I won't be surprised if Gentry takes over the team.

#91 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 19, 2013 - 01:44 AM

Doc getting replaced...by Gentry? The world will do a double take collectively and cause a global earthquake. 

• 40,399 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 02:35 AM

^ Seriously. You HAD to have been sarcastic there Maj, c'mon now.

yo.

#93 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,741 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 01:58 PM

^ Seriously. You HAD to have been sarcastic there Maj, c'mon now.

I was :)  But when considering the ownership of the Clippers would you be surprised if it actually did? :P

• 40,399 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 03:00 PM

^ Hah! When you put it that way I guess it's not as far-fetched.

yo.

#95 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,741 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Chris Paul had a really good game tonight

40 points 11 assists 7 rebounds

Was needed to beat the Nuggets in overtime, without them playing Faried and some others.

Wonderful stat line.  But it does worry me. 

Considering all the depth and such that the Clippers are supposed to have added, I wouldn't have figured that they'd need such a stat line from Chris Paul to come back on and beat the Nuggets minus Faried in overtime.

The last thing they need is CP3 carrying them through another season.  But herein lays the problem with the current Clippers roster.  They are playing a slowed down pace by Doc which is fine, but aside from Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford, they don't have anyone that can get their own shot.   Collison can in the open court but that's it.

Everything else will need to be set up by and carried by CP3 which is what the point guard does but at the same time that was the same issue they had last year.  

They added Dudley, Redick, and Mullens(who has clanked nearly every 3 he's shot as a center)

Their offense plays basically with no one in the paint, in the half court Blake is relegated to long jumpers and trying and failing at being a post player, same with Deandre Jordan.    And I'm already seeing them having issues with teams that run despite the fact THEY are supposed to be the run and gunners.    They have the style of an older team and it really isn't playing to their strengths.

So right now the Clippers are gonna need to change their style a bit.    One thing that bothers me is that Doc isn't having them run much pick and roll for Deandre OR Blake.   

This is distressing to me, because neither Deandre or Griffin is going to emulate Kevin Garnett and it seems Doc is trying to do that with Blake, I think that's the wrong thing to do.

Plays for Blake should be off pick and rolls and finishes, but throwing him the ball mid shot clock in the post or on the wing for a jumper is not the way to best use him currently.  

So to me, I see a lot of names, but I see the wrong style.

Again too early to tell, but as of right now, I'm skeptical that Doc is the right coach for them, just on how he's used them thus far.

If we reach mid season and Blake still isn't getting pick and rolls and is being asked to still be Garnett, I would get worried if I was an LAC fan.  Because that isn't gonna fly come playoff time.

• 40,399 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 06:00 PM

^ Here's video of it:

Paul Pierce with a playoff foul in a preseason game on LeBron, sending a message.

yo.

#97 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted October 23, 2013 - 12:56 PM

Sam Presti might have done it again with Steven Adams. Too bad their coach probably won't play him big minutes, if any at all.

• 40,399 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 04:07 PM

OKC & Chicago tonight. KD vs. D-Rose. Not bad. Preseason or not, y'all should watch a little or DVR the sucker.

Brooklyn & Celtics too. KG & PP, all that Boston stuff, but I don't believe either will play. They wanna' make their return more formally in a regular season game.

yo.

#99 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted October 23, 2013 - 05:19 PM

Greg Oden just put up 2 points/ 2 rebounds in 2 minutes. nice to see him playing.

Edited by LikeABosh, October 23, 2013 - 05:19 PM.

• 40,399 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 05:23 PM

^ Oh [expletive], really? Thanks. Tuning in now!

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users