30 replies to this topic

#21 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,276 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 07, 2013 - 10:41 AM

I just can't understand what type of personality , would come  ona Laker fan site and temper fan optimism.

That's a person who needs a woman, in my opnion.

If I think we have a chance to win a title, then let me do that. i'm not hurting the team or dissing any person by saying that.

I just can't understand .

We were a 3rd seed the previous 2 seasons with no bench and KObe did not play GREAt in any of those seasons, he just IS GREAT, so he finds a way to win.

With nash and Pau and Kaman and Blake. I KNOW they can play off even a BAD Kobe, and be a decent team.

Our BENCh is what I think will make us as kind of like the Clips or Nuggets of the last two seasons.

#22 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2013 - 11:36 PM

This team is kind of like our 2009 team with much younger players and unproven role players... If we had a better coach who could actually use this team.. We could be much better than what we are now

#23 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 07, 2013 - 11:53 PM

Let's not count out D'Antoni just yet. I've seen glimmers of hope in the last two preseason games as far as our defense goes and the kind of free flowing offense we've been trying. 

#24 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:17 AM

Vlade is delusional.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,694 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Let's not count out D'Antoni just yet. I've seen glimmers of hope in the last two preseason games as far as our defense goes and the kind of free flowing offense we've been trying. 

Defense seems to be all this team is really focusing on. Even on nights their shooting is bad as long as they get each other wide open shots the defense is the priority apparently.

From D'antoni to Nash they asked what the team was gonna be working on after the game last night, all I heard was "defensively we're gonna do this."  Or "we're gonna work more on our defense." etc.

It seems to me that D'antoni will change up holes here and there in his offensive style to benefit the guys but has enough faith in it that he is focusing PRIMARILY on defense and the players echo those sentiments.   I never thought I'd be so happy to hear such things!!!

Getting Rambis was a marvelous move.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#26 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:43 AM

Even on a terrible shooting night, we still put up about 80+ so it's easy to see why he's not worried about scoring. We'll have flukes like that throughout the season. What we can hang our hats on is holding every team to at least under 100. That's a great start for us. 

#27 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,694 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 01:21 AM

Even on a terrible shooting night, we still put up about 80+ so it's easy to see why he's not worried about scoring. We'll have flukes like that throughout the season. What we can hang our hats on is holding every team to at least under 100. That's a great start for us. 

Yes, and it's causing the other team 30+ turnovers I like so much.

#28 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 01:38 AM

Yes, and it's causing the other team 30+ turnovers I like so much.

Plus, the league finally cracking down on illegal screens. Finally. 

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,694 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 01:50 AM

Plus, the league finally cracking down on illegal screens. Finally. 

I'm willing to bet it only happens in pre-season.

Or else Chandler will foul out of the first quarter of his Knicks game opener and so will Ibaka.

#30 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 269 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted October 08, 2013 - 11:54 AM

What did we win last year?  45 games or so, right? 

I don't see that the Lakers improved their personnel  in the offseason for any of the positions. 

On the other hand, most the elite teams in the West did in fact improve their positions. 

Add to the mix that Kobe will be out to November and probably not in full playing mode to December or later. 

While there are are intanglibles in any sport, and inspiration and chemistry can go a long way to winning games, I would be quite surprised, indeed delighted, if the Lakers could win anything close to that number, like 42 games. 

#31 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:07 PM

Did he just flob on the question?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users