Photo

Vlade Divac: Kobe Can Lead The Lakers To NBA Title This Year

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,528 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted October 04, 2013 - 05:53 PM

VLADE DIVAC believes that Kobe Bryant can return from a torn Achille's tendon and lead the Los Angeles Lakers to a NBA title next season.

nba_g_divac-lakers_400.jpg

By: Ben Jefferson
Published: Fri, October 4, 2013

Former Laker centre Divac says there is no chance his former team will be as bad as they were last season and thinks they have a shot at the title once Bryant returns.

He told Express Sports: "The Los Angeles Lakers are an elite team and I'm sure they're going to do better than last year. It's not going to happen two years in a row to have a bad season.

"The Lakers are going to be definitely one of those teams that can win the championship next year."

Serbian centre Divac, who had two spells with the Lakers during a 16-year NBA career that also saw him play for the Charlotte Hornets and Sacramento Kings, has no doubts that Bryant will return to his previous levels, despite the seriousness of the injury and the fact that he turned 35 in August.

Asked if Bryant can come back just as strong as last season, Divac said: "Yeah I do. I do.

Read full article in link...

http://www.express.c...ays-Vlade-Divac

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 04, 2013 - 05:58 PM

Gotta' love Vlade, flopping king aside. Too much optimism perhaps, but it's not impossible.

yo.

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,812 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 04, 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the assist Vlade!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,668 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 04, 2013 - 09:02 PM

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

#5 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,381 posts

Posted October 04, 2013 - 09:39 PM

DIVAC!

MMiRi9s.png

#6 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,053 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 04, 2013 - 11:03 PM

if these guys can make it to the playoffs healthy this year and with a kobe that hasn't lost a step.. or maybe lost a step or two. I certainly think they have one of the top chances to win a Ring.

ap1.png

#7 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,241 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted October 04, 2013 - 11:15 PM

vladeeeeeeeeeeee

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#8 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,668 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 04, 2013 - 11:21 PM

If Pau,Nash and Kobe can have a certain synergy where the way the play together can be as effective as any big 3, especially considering how Wade and Bosh don't ALWAYS play GOOd, let alone great off LeBron, How Kevin martin is out of OKC, and how Lin/parsons haven't played with Dwight and they aren't spot up shooters, if Asik and Dwight are both there, yikes, as far as lane clogging

god, I hope that happens

And Curry,Lee,Klay,iggy,Bogut is going to have to work as a 5 man unit, moreso than three  perimeter players featuring those bigs

i don't think they can be a better version of the OKC that boasted WB,KD and Beard especially with their frontcourt being less of a defensive threat and really their back court as well.

Anywho

Still need Hill and Kaman to really be solid without Pau

You need Farmar and Blake and Meeks and Nick Young and Wes Johnson to all do what we know they can do, and if you get a surprise with one of the other players,now you have a shot

#9 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 12:18 AM

The possibility of winning championship this season is very slim. We are ranked outside of Top 10 in regular season. If we can make the playoffs, it will all come down to the matchups.

If you look at how Spurs performed last season, their perimeter shooting turned them into a nightmare matchup in most of the games. On top of that, Duncan really dominated the both sides of the floor. Can we accomplish a similar feat? Yes, I believe we can. If Pau can turn back the clock, we have a chance to copy Spurs' success.

We have got length and athleticism in SG/SF positions now. We can also effectively rest Pau in games since Kaman can perform at a similar level.

The critical position, in my opinion, is Power Forward. D'Antoni will want some perimeter contribution out of that position. It will be interesting to see how Jordan Hill / Shawne Williams / Ryan Kelly and others perform in flow of the game.

#10 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted October 05, 2013 - 03:47 AM

Here we go again... We haven't seen them play at all. This is a different team and you guys are acting like we are contenders. Do you not realize some people said that we should tank? I'm hoping for the playoffs but I'm not ignorant enough to make a judgement on a team I haven't seen play yet.

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,996 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 05, 2013 - 05:17 AM

If you look at how Spurs performed last season, their perimeter shooting turned them into a nightmare matchup in most of the games. On top of that, Duncan really dominated the both sides of the floor. Can we accomplish a similar feat? Yes, I believe we can. If Pau can turn back the clock, we have a chance to copy Spurs' success.

I don't want us to copy ANYTHING about San Antonio. Garbage ass team and garbage ass franchise.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,812 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 06:21 AM

Here we go again... We haven't seen them play at all. This is a different team and you guys are acting like we are contenders. Do you not realize some people said that we should tank? I'm hoping for the playoffs but I'm not ignorant enough to make a judgement on a team I haven't seen play yet.

It's so funny how you bash people for believing in this team when they "haven't seen them play at all"

yet you're yelling for us to tank and are being hopeless when you "haven't seen them play at all" 

;)

#13 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 05, 2013 - 08:51 AM

It's highly unlikely the Lakers will win a championship this year, but it's not entirely impossible. With complete chemistry, an improved bench (one of the deepest we've had), more length/athleticism, team defense (apparently D'antoni has been more focused on defense this training camp) and HEALTH, I wouldn't be surprised what this team's ceiling is.

Remember, once the Lakers are in the playoffs, it's like an entire new season. Fresh start, with perhaps other teams having seeding advantage. 

But to hope the bench can be CONSISTENT with a legitimate 6th man, the DEFENSE as a unit exists, and the players remain HEALTHY, can seem like a lot to ask for. 

Regardless, I wouldn't count them out even though this year is more of an experimental season..

Edited by Clutch Factor, October 05, 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#14 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted October 05, 2013 - 03:05 PM

It's so funny how you bash people for believing in this team when they "haven't seen them play at all"

yet you're yelling for us to tank and are being hopeless when you "haven't seen them play at all"

;)

I have NEVER said for us to tank. I want our team to go as far as they can. Please tell me when I said we're hopeless or we should tank?

Edited by MrKnowItAll, October 05, 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#15 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,855 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 05, 2013 - 03:57 PM

I was one of the people on the tanking train...
But that was back when we were looking at Kobe being out the whole year

#16 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,279 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 05, 2013 - 04:38 PM

before we start day dreaming... first we need to see them play together in the regular season... first couple of games should be enough to dream for a championship or start making our wiggins posters lol

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

• 40,365 posts

Posted October 05, 2013 - 05:36 PM

I was one of the people on the tanking train...
But that was back when we were looking at Kobe being out the whole year

We? Speak for yourself and a few others. There's plenty of people here who never went that far.

yo.

#18 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,812 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 06:03 AM

before we start day dreaming... first we need to see them play together in the regular season... first couple of games should be enough to dream for a championship or start making our wiggins posters lol

Welp the first game we outplayed the warrior's starters with our bench.

Today Gasol and Nash will play but Kaman will not(D'antoni is resting him) and shall rest Farmar a little too but he'll play.

So today some guys that didn't get minutes will get them today with Nash and Gasol.   Hopefully Xavier can continue to play well. I'm not expecting 29 a night or even 15 a night, what I'm expecting is his cuts to the basket and hoping he's effective with them and keeps his defensive tenacity and fight for rebounds.  His shot is gonna come and go at times as with all players so I'll be watching him for the intangibles he has and being consistent with those, if he does he'll be fine.  But knowing he's capable to go off like that doesn't hurt either, especially the fact him and Young can gel so well.

#19 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2013 - 10:15 AM

For some reason, I feel really optimistic about this upcoming season.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#20 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 10:35 AM

If we can keep our guys for next season and add a max player and another star, we'll be back on top

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users