Photo

Dwight: Lakers Told Me Not To Work With Kareem (Pg. 2)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted October 09, 2013 - 09:33 PM

Dwight sucks

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#62 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted October 09, 2013 - 09:48 PM

When will we stop talking about Dwight?

When we sign Lebron

#63 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 09, 2013 - 10:57 PM

Believe anything negative about Dwight but when Dwight says something negative about the Lakers it can't be true. lol

Some people are still bitter. Get over it. Move on.

#64 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,761 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 11:05 PM

"And Howard would NEVER want to play 2nd string to anyone. How come its ok for Kobe and not for Howard ?"

5 Rings in 7 Finnals to begin with. Then there are all the other achivements that Howard will never approach.

You can't be who Howard claims he is and be a liabilty to your team with 3 minutes or less left in the game.

Go tell this to Dwight.

Its like person A works in a company and he's contract is due. His choice is either to remain in the same company that has had a history of success but an unknown future. Your boss has different approach to things than you and in addition his performance can not be assessed for the upcoming year due to certain barriers. You might take his job in a year or two(you have 5 more years to work in the field) Your co-workers have a great amount of experience but you're unsure if their system is suitable enough in the market. OR you can either go toa growing company with fresh employees and you get to be their manager or so.

Where would you go ?

And here i'm only putting myself in Howard's mind. And honestly i understand the reasoning behind his decision. Whether he made the right decision or not, it doesnt matter anymore. We only get to witness the results. Our team is built better than last year except how different Kobe will be. At least now we dont have to worry about what happens in the locker room and because of that, the bond between teammates is much closer. We've lost a defensive anchor but we gained some fresh legs and better bench and most importantly players who are willing to win with the same atmosphere that brought us 5 rings in 7 finals. Howard doesnt understand the last sentence. It was his call, he just viewed things differently.

#65 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 10, 2013 - 10:31 PM

Believe anything negative about Dwight but when Dwight says something negative about the Lakers it can't be true. lol

That's a mighty high horse you're on there sir.

Edited by Paris, October 11, 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#66 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 519 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted October 10, 2013 - 10:48 PM

Enough talks on the Coward. How about them Dodgers!!!!!! 

Yea, I know...it's off topic, but Go Dodgers!!!!

#67 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted October 10, 2013 - 11:46 PM

message to Dwight:

nobody-cares_317034.jpg

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#68 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 11, 2013 - 06:43 AM

Pretty much this.  Our own fanbase trashed most of the front office decisions from Mike Brown and MDA's hirings and not bringing in Phil or Shaw but somehow Dwight shouldn't hold the same opinions and shouldn't have been apprehensive to coming back.  When you look at it on paper he made the better decision.  If you look at it objectively he was a perfect fit for Houston.  LA has way too many questions that need answering. 

Let's say he signs back, then you have to hope Kobe and Nash are back great, hope Melo or Lebron sign in 2014 or hope for something to pop in 2015 free agency all while having very few draft picks if things go left.  Now you have Houston even after signing Dwight have good trade assets to improve the roster, LA has none unless you count Pau. 

Guys want to get on these forums and complain about MDA's coaching, complain about how stupid Mike Brown is, claim Pau sucks, complain about how inept the front office is but get mad when a player that actually is in the midst of all of this decides the nonsense surrounding the organization isn't the best fit for him all the while they have an aging star whose career is in the balance. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#69 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,447 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 11, 2013 - 07:05 AM

Pretty much this.  Our own fanbase trashed most of the front office decisions from Mike Brown and MDA's hirings and not bringing in Phil or Shaw but somehow Dwight shouldn't hold the same opinions and shouldn't have been apprehensive to coming back.  When you look at it on paper he made the better decision.  If you look at it objectively he was a perfect fit for Houston.  LA has way too many questions that need answering. 

Let's say he signs back, then you have to hope Kobe and Nash are back great, hope Melo or Lebron sign in 2014 or hope for something to pop in 2015 free agency all while having very few draft picks if things go left.  Now you have Houston even after signing Dwight have good trade assets to improve the roster, LA has none unless you count Pau. 

Guys want to get on these forums and complain about MDA's coaching, complain about how stupid Mike Brown is, claim Pau sucks, complain about how inept the front office is but get mad when a player that actually is in the midst of all of this decides the nonsense surrounding the organization isn't the best fit for him all the while they have an aging star whose career is in the balance. 

But..but..Dwight was a Coward!!! He is a stupid idiot!!! He sucks ass and the Lakers are always right!!

/sarcasm

This pretty much sums up 95% of the fanbase..

#70 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,174 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 11, 2013 - 07:40 AM

oh look, harry and Jody are posting their pillow talk on here again.

ap1.png

#71 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 07:54 AM

Seriously?  You can't bring anything else to the table except trolling?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#72 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 11, 2013 - 07:59 AM

Well, it is interesting how the two of you post back to back a lot. ijs

Pau Gasol is GONE

#73 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,447 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 08:25 AM

I was gone for a day and I just happened to be on at the same time. You're definitely in that 95% childish fanbase side.

Edited by Harry Styles, October 11, 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#74 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 01:39 PM

I love it when fans use made up percentages to lump themselves into a separate fictional category they themselves invented all with the expressed purpose of sitting on an equally fictional high horse
Posted Image

#75 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,447 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:38 PM

I love it when fans use made up percentages to lump themselves into a separate fictional category they themselves invented all with the expressed purpose of sitting on an equally fictional high horse

Not fictional when it's true. The majority of this fanbase is childish and immature..

#76 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,647 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:39 PM

Not fictional when it's true. The majority of this fanbase is childish and immature..

So then wouldn't that include you and Smokes you?

Edited by Majesty, October 11, 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#77 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 03:35 PM

Common sense will tell you that majority does not equal all.  Sad that guys can't conduct themselves like adults on here and agree to disagree.  The trolling and flaming just creates an atmosphere of stupidity.  We may not agree but I thought you were one of the more adult like posters.  Do what you do tho....

So then wouldn't that include you and Smokes you?

#78 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,647 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 11, 2013 - 04:03 PM

Common sense will tell you that majority does not equal all. 

So basically you're saying that you and Harry aren't in the majority that act childish or immature at times?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#79 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 04:09 PM

I rarely take shots unless provoked.  The problem is we have too many troll like fans in this forum that have 0 bball knowledge.  Instead of flaming guys for their opinions and thoughts open your minds to civil discourse and see why the other guy thinks the way he does.  If someone has an adverse opinion particularly about Kobe it automatically makes him a hater or Heat fan lol...stuff like this doesnt enhance the forum. 

I won't speak for Harry, he's his own person but it doesnt matter to me if guys think we are the same.  This is the internet, the land of fantasy so i'll be that

So basically you're saying that you and Harry aren't in the majority that act childish or immature at times?

Edited by Jody Smokes, October 11, 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#80 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,447 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm not.  Not once have I started an argument, resorted to name-calling when someone didn't agree with me or refer to other adults like "LeBrick and Coward". Unless someone just starts disrespecting me because I don't worship the ground the Lakers walk on, I would rather just talk about basketball without morons coming on here calling anyone who doesn't agree with them a fanboy or as someone said a LeBron "dickrider". 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users