Photo

Dwight: Lakers Told Me Not To Work With Kareem (Pg. 2)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 09, 2013 - 03:57 AM

Alright, I'm officially with the rest of the people who are tired of talking about Dwight.This is becoming way too stupid and childish. 

#42 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,800 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 09, 2013 - 05:00 AM

I wouldn't automatically dismiss that he was he told this.  If it is true it only speaks to how dysfunctional the front office is and while Dwight may be a bit of a mental midget he was smart enough to escape the storm for a better situation for him. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#43 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 09, 2013 - 05:15 AM

Why on earth would the front office tell Dwight NOT to work out with Kareem?

Dwight's been in the league for nine [expletive]ing years and in that time he has managed to learn 1 move - a baby hook. I assume he knew how to dunk before he entered the league, which brings his full arsenal to two moves.

When Kobe said that Dwight could be their Tyson Chandler he was right, which by no means is a knock on Chandler, who is awesome. The thing about Chandler is that he knows exactly what he is and as a result he won the DPOY and a title. But obviously Dwight was offended because for some reason he believes he is special.

[expletive] him.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, October 09, 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#44 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,174 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 09, 2013 - 05:22 AM

Why on earth would the front office tell Dwight NOT to work out with Kareem?

Dwight's been in the league for nine [expletive]ing years and in that time he has managed to learn 1 move - a baby hook. I assume he knew how to dunk before he entered the league, which brings his full arsenal to two moves.

When Kobe said that Dwight could be their Tyson Chandler he was right, which by no means is a knock on Chandler, who is awesome. The thing about Chandler is that he knows exactly what he is and as a result he won the DPOY and a title. But obviously Dwight was offended because for some reason he believes he is special.

[expletive] him.

Chandler? Awesome? Like Camby is awesome maybe.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#45 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 09, 2013 - 05:26 AM

W T F does your bottom banner mean with all symbolism? Why is Kobe pic included with all that?

Dwight Howard: I'm not stupid

Dwight Howard says he's not a stupid player, despite Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's criticism, and he doesn't know why the legend cares anyway.

"When I joined the Lakers I was the greatest center. When I left, I was the worst," Howard said, according to the Chronicle. "Mentally, I wasn't capable of playing center. I understand a lot of things are said out of emotion. I will say if he has anything to say, I am here in Houston. We can talk man to man. That's how I feel."

Howard said he had one conversation with Abdul-Jabbar in Los Angeles and asked that they don't talk about basketball.

"There is no need for me to go back and forth with him," Howard said.

"One thing I would say is that he is old enough to where whatever I do shouldn't even matter. He is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. If I'm Kareem, I'm like why? Four championships, five championships, whatever. I've been in Airplane and done movies with Bruce Lee. I am not worried about the young whippersnapper.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/n...abbar-criticism

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#46 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,800 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:21 AM

If Kobe told him he should be their Chandler why shouldnt he feel disrespected?  If you are the top dog on your job and the next company wants to recruit or entice you to come there but they tell you can leave your throne and come be our office manager, not our CEO or even CFO just play your role buddy. 

Look at it from Dwight's POV.  Dwight is a much better player than Chandler could ever be as well.  Before the Dwightmare BS Dwight was sitting comfortably as the 3rd best player in the NBA, guys loved when we got him now all of sudden he should just accept a role player's spot for himself?  Kobe wouldnt want that so why should Dwight?

Edited by Jody Smokes, October 09, 2013 - 06:32 AM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#47 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:43 AM

Can we please let this die... Im really really over Dwight, the guy is a loser, and till he wins a championship which he will never in his prime as the "top dog" (ill bet my left testicle on this) he should just stop talking. Everything about DWight is just "talk" he doesnt walk the walk like a man. He is a pansy and not a winner. Lakers will win a championship before this poor sod. Anyways just let this guy die, over it!!!

Laker fan for life.

#48 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,040 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:50 AM

Really wish we could see a prime Lew Alcindor going against Houston Rockets Dwight.

Lew Alcindor couldn't play Dwight because 1) He'd be a bench player 2) He'd be Cut from the league. Klay Thompson's dad was waaay better than Howard & he came off the bench. Rick Fox he came into the League wanting to be Michael Thompson

Edited by Mr Terrific, October 09, 2013 - 07:05 AM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#49 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,800 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Mychal Thompson was not a better player than Dwight.  Please kill the nonsense. 

Lew Alcindor couldn't play Dwight because 1) He'd be a bench player 2) He'd be Cut from the league. Klay Thompson's dad was waaay better than Howard & he came off the bench. Rick Fox he came into the League wanting to be Michael Thompson

#50 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted October 09, 2013 - 10:07 AM

Haha he is stupid, he isn't the smartest player, he isn't a winner, and he chose not to work with Kareem. Don't blame others for your stupidity Dwight.

Yeah IDC i'm a harsh person.

Edited by Ham, October 09, 2013 - 10:08 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#51 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,450 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 09, 2013 - 11:59 AM

If Kobe told him he should be their Chandler why shouldnt he feel disrespected?  If you are the top dog on your job and the next company wants to recruit or entice you to come there but they tell you can leave your throne and come be our office manager, not our CEO or even CFO just play your role buddy. 

Look at it from Dwight's POV.  Dwight is a much better player than Chandler could ever be as well.  Before the Dwightmare BS Dwight was sitting comfortably as the 3rd best player in the NBA, guys loved when we got him now all of sudden he should just accept a role player's spot for himself?  Kobe wouldnt want that so why should Dwight?

It's like Dwight left McDonalds to work at Wendys. Kobe would never play 2nd string to Dwight, NEVER. Everyone knows that. Kobe's done far more in his career for that to even be posted about on a forum. 

I should have added that I was speaking hypothetically. I'm sorry about that.....

veqdeg.jpg

#52 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,775 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 11:59 AM

You guys just let it go. Its his choice, he did what he felt better for himself..

Most of you wouldnt say what you said if he remained a Laker.. Even Kareem wouldnt call him out if he stayed.

He didnt want to be a 2nd fiddle to Kobe. He doesnt like the environment Kobe has built in the Lakers. Dwight has his own way of winning.

He chose to play with a younger guard and be able to be the man over there.

It is what it is.

#53 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,775 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:02 PM

It's like Dwight left McDonalds to work at Wendys. Kobe would never play 2nd string to Dwight, NEVER. Everyone knows that. Kobe's done far more in his career for that to even be posted about on a forum. 

And Howard would NEVER want to play 2nd string to anyone. How come its ok for Kobe and not for Howard ? I agree Kobe has done so much more than Howard will ever do but Dwight can always choose to change jerseys and play the way he wants, and the role he desires.

#54 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,450 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:09 PM

You say for guys to just let it go & then proceed to add 2 additional post??

Howard DID play 2nd string for a whole season. 

veqdeg.jpg

#55 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,360 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Lakers also told him to "Win" but he's a loser.

#56 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,775 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:18 PM

You say for guys to just let it go & then proceed to add 2 additional post??

Howard DID play 2nd string for a whole season. 

Of course he did ! thats why he is not here :) !

#57 kingulee

kingulee

Rookie

• 117 posts
  • Fan Since:f0REVER
  • Fav. Laker:kb24~*

Posted October 09, 2013 - 01:06 PM

Who cares about Dwight...

"Honestly, man, I really don’t give a s---,It is what it is. If he came back it would have been great. If he didn't, it's not. It is what it is." -Kobe Bryant

#58 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,144 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 01:52 PM

When will we stop talking about Dwight?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#59 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 09, 2013 - 05:47 PM

And Howard would NEVER want to play 2nd string to anyone. How come its ok for Kobe and not for Howard ? I agree Kobe has done so much more than Howard will ever do but Dwight can always choose to change jerseys and play the way he wants, and the role he desires.

"And Howard would NEVER want to play 2nd string to anyone. How come its ok for Kobe and not for Howard ?"

5 Rings in 7 Finnals to begin with. Then there are all the other achivements that Howard will never approach.

You can't be who Howard claims he is and be a liabilty to your team with 3 minutes or less left in the game.

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#60 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,332 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:02 PM

When will we stop talking about Dwight?

For real. 

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users