Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,702 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 03, 2013 - 04:27 PM

Glad these two broke the ice

Jeanie Buss on Mike D’Antoni: “The guy wants to win”

Just over a week after published excerpts to her updated memoir revealed frustration how the Lakers front office chose Mike D’Antoni over Phil Jackson last season to become the team’s next head coach, President Jeanie Buss appeared on 710 ESPN and offered some support.

As first reported by Yahoo! Sports, Buss confirmed Thursday on KSPN-710 AM that she and D’Antoni have since talked following the published excerpts and offered some support.

“I’ve gotten a chance to get to know coach D’Antoni,” Buss said. “The guy wants to win. I love that about him. We have the same taste in restaurants and food because he lives in the same area” in Manhattan Beach.

Buss also met D’Antoni’s wife, Laurel.

Said Buss: Behind a great coach is a great woman.”

Read More Here: http://www.insidesoc...y-wants-to-win/

Looks like chemistry is improving everywhere lately

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,879 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted October 03, 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm sure he wants to win, but can he translate his desire to win into something? I sure hope so. Go Lakers!

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#3 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 03, 2013 - 05:10 PM

We wish the best. We prepare for the worst
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 03, 2013 - 05:56 PM

When you have to say publicly your coach wants to win, you have problems. 

#5 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,702 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 03, 2013 - 05:57 PM

When you have to say publicly your coach wants to win, you have problems. 

Always someone that tries to put a negative spin on something positive.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#6 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,153 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted October 03, 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well, I wanna win too but it ain't happening.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#7 KjaX24

KjaX24

KjaX24

• 305 posts
  • Name:keith jackson
  • Fan Since:a wee little lad
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 04, 2013 - 07:31 AM

I also want to have sex with Kelly Rowland , but I don't see it happening.

#8 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 914 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 04, 2013 - 07:35 AM

I think his first season was overwhelming for him. Has he ever had to coach so much star power before, and the biggest talented baby the NBA has ever seen in D12?

The team is mostly new players now and hopefully they will know how to be coached.

To be fair, we can't blame him for everything when we had injury after injury, and Nash publicly said that Dwight wasn't committing to his role.  

#9 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted October 04, 2013 - 08:08 AM

but he isn't capable of winning....

#10 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 04, 2013 - 08:15 AM

I think his first season was overwhelming for him. Has he ever had to coach so much star power before, and the biggest talented baby the NBA has ever seen in D12?

The team is mostly new players now and hopefully they will know how to be coached.

To be fair, we can't blame him for everything when we had injury after injury, and Nash publicly said that Dwight wasn't committing to his role.  

i don't

i think we sucked

with had Duhon and Morris when he arrived. pau was playing hurt and so was Dwight.

So we had Kobe with a decent frontcourt but everyone was slow and teams just out ran us, even when we tried to slow it down with Mike Brown or Phil the years prior, our lack of speed was exposed , especially on the perimeter in a half court set or in transition both ways

#11 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 914 posts

Posted October 04, 2013 - 08:23 AM

i don't

i think we sucked

with had Duhon and Morris when he arrived. pau was playing hurt and so was Dwight.

So we had Kobe with a decent frontcourt but everyone was slow and teams just out ran us, even when we tried to slow it down with Mike Brown or Phil the years prior, our lack of speed was exposed , especially on the perimeter in a half court set or in transition both ways

Good thing I specified we can't blame him for injuries.

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 04, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Who doesn't want to win in the NBA? Name me a coach that doesn't want to win?  There is a difference between "wanting to win" and "knowing how to win"     MDA doesn't go out there to lose. he wants to win just as much as the next day so his job can be secure.  This is the dumbest compliment i've heard.   Even the coach of the bobcats wants to win.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#13 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 04, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Here is the situation with the Lakers.  Almost everybody wanted MDA to be gone. Including Jim Buss believe it or not.  But their mindset right now is whats the point of getting a new coach with the roster that we have right now? JUST RIDE IT OUT. and see what 2014 free agency give us and the flexibility we will have with cap room.   So basicly the mindset of the organization is to RIDE IT OUT with MDA. What kind of mindset is that for your head coach? Not a good one.  Yes we are stuck with him so might as well ride it out through what could be a very stormy and ugly season.

SO all of this compliments for Mike *no D* Antoni is all sugar colding and PR stunt.  You can go asked anybody and they will say the same crap.  MDA is a good coach and now he has a training camp blah blah blah.  But they dont truely believe it.   You know a person who critisized MDA all of last season now back him up 100%?  His name is Kurt Rambis.   In in heart its all about riding it out but if u go interview him, he will praised MDA like no other.

Edited by epicwolf, October 04, 2013 - 08:52 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#14 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 05, 2013 - 12:31 AM

I want to win too, doesn't make me a great coach lol
Laker fan for life.

#15 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,647 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 05, 2013 - 12:04 PM

I still don't get the hate for D'Antoni.  He isn't necessarily the guy we wanted but no one here can really give a better option available.  He's coached great teams and the idea that his teams are defensively inept is a myth.  Knicks were actually 6th in defensive efficiency when he resigned.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 05, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Sometimes we don't get what we want in life and/or we're not capable of doing so. This is the case with MDA; at this point in his average coaching career, he is what he is: A loser.

Jeanie Buss just seems to be a graceful woman. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#17 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,079 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 05, 2013 - 01:41 PM

Unknown fan on Jeanie Buss

"She just wants to win. And undermine her brother. And stick by her lover. And have her father roll over in his grave. And sell books. And look hot."

Edited by kball, October 05, 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users