6 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,322 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted October 03, 2013 - 11:54 AM

Am I the only person or shall I say "dude" who is looking forward to this game? In fact, I even preordered it so i can get the special edition with all the goodies and 30 minutes of extra game play.  I am not an Ellen Page fan though I dont hate her eaither. Just a fan of these type of games. I love games with strong story behind it instead of aimless shootem up games. Played heavy rain and loved it. Love the telltale games of walking dead.  I know most of the gamers on here love the shooting up type of games but sometimes those games can be boring and repetitive believe it or not. If I am the only person who is looking forward to this game I wouldn't be surprised. So far it has pretty good ratings. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 03, 2013 - 04:24 PM

Probably not something I'd buy.

I'll see what the initial reaction is

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,294 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted October 03, 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ehh, I downloaded the demo...gonna check it out.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#4 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,274 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 08, 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm not playing this one yet, but it's from the company that made Heavy Rain, which had a pretty cool story to it, Not to mention this game has Ellen Page, and William Dafoe in it

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#5 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,322 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Just got the specail edition with the steal book cover.  Looking forward to seeing Ellen Page digitally nude. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,939 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:22 AM

I'm not playing this one yet, but it's from the company that made Heavy Rain, which had a pretty cool story to it, Not to mention this game has Ellen Page, and William Dafoe in it

This game has been getting mixed reviews. Some say its amazing others giving it a 5. It is a game that you have to enjoy this type of style. If you liked heavy rain then you should love this since its basically an interactive movie for the most part, driven by the story.

The thing I dont understand is how these reviews justify their low scores when everyone knew this game was going to be much like heavy rain. In that case you should always give COD  a 4 since there is no story and the gameplay is hollow, but it gets high rankings because the masses like it. You cant judge a drama on a comedy standards just like you cant put a game like this on the same grading scale as call of duty.

Just my two cents, don't have a ps3 and wont be buying the game, but the game accomplishes what it set out to do and that is why I believe it should be highly rated.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,322 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 09:37 AM

I love these type of games.  I'm not much of a shooting game guy.  I played COD and battlefield and all that but to me its pretty boring and times very stupid. Maybe because I played it online and there are like 90% immaturity online so it shows the kind of demographics for those type of games..  Atleast have a story or an open world where you can explore.  One of the reasons why I bought this game was for my gf. She loves Ellen Page so I bought her the special edition. I also bought myself one too since i did like heavy rain.  These types of games like the Walking Dead taletale games makes me want to play it again and again just to see what happens.

I agree that the low ratings to me is kind of unfair. However, I am not surprised. Not many "gamers" like these type of games. Most of them are kids and all they want to do is kill people and blow up stuff.  Couldn't care less about the story or invest in the charactors.  I give it a 9.0 because it is something very different. ANd if you guys did played Heavy Rain, it is a much better game than heavy rain. The controls are totally different now. ANd also the actions. Plus they don't have french actors pretending to be American.  I played through it almost half way and I am glued to my tv because of the story and even actions.  

Edited by epicwolf, October 09, 2013 - 09:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users