• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,360 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 01, 2013 - 04:30 PM

Windu & Jody Smokes, do both of yourselves a favor and put each other on ignore.

If I continue to see attacks from both of you, you will both be gone for an extended period of time.

#22 randomguy

randomguy

Rookie

• 83 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 05:48 PM

Can this team even play .500 ball?

C Perkins

PF Ibaka

SF Durant

SG Thabo

PG Reggie Jackson

Bench 

Fisher, Jeremy Lamb, Ryan Gomes, Perry Jones, Hasheem Thabeet

November schedule is not too bad: @MIN, vs PHx, vs DAL, @ DET, vs WAS, @LAC, @GSW, @MIL,  vs DEN, vs LAC, vs UTA, vs SAS, vs GSW

I think they are at least a .500 team, considering how good of a player Durant is. Their schedule to start the season is manageable as well. Also you forgot Nick Collison, he's pretty huge off the bench.

• 40,378 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 06:51 PM

what's with all the shots tho? can't people nowadays just have a fair argument!

Some people just can't help but show their attitudes here & there. It's part of who they are and it doesn't seem like it'll change anytime soon and that's really not intended as a shot by the way. It's just reality. The best you can do when confronted with such is either ignore it completely or just not respond as rudely to that level.

You get used to who is who here though if you're long enough and should be able to adjust. When I get into those things, I may sorta semi not back down I guess you can say, but I generally try to be conscientious usually of not doing it in such a way where shots are thrown back to the same level or worse. Not saying I'm a saint of course, but I have my style I suppose & I try not to go too far in personally offending the other.

#coolstorybro

yo.

#24 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 01, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Will be tough for okc

#25 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted October 01, 2013 - 09:23 PM

OKC is in a bad situation, they rely on Westbrook's scoring to win them games but at the same time he costs them games as well.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,051 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 01, 2013 - 10:39 PM

Maybe Russell was batman the whole time. :sorry:

We'll find out won't we.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 02, 2013 - 01:36 AM

I thought the Thunder would have a tough / tumultuous season anyway, now, it seems very apparent that's what's going to go down.

#28 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 03:45 AM

Durant will be leaving

Posted Image

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,051 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 04:48 AM

Durant will be leaving

Kevin_durant_Lakers_final.png

#30 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,492 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted October 02, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Man imagine if the thunder took the celtics deal for westbrook instead of trading harden away.

Celtics offered rondo + filler and 1st rounders

That would have been a monster starting lineup

Rondo

Harden

Durant

Ibaka

Perkins

Thunder really did trade the wrong person away

Posted Image

#31 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,474 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 02, 2013 - 12:08 PM

So because Westbrook is now hurt they traded the wrong person?  Great logic in that. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,051 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 02:09 PM

OKC got rid of the wrong person.  Kept Perkins lost Harden.

That's it.

#33 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,689 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 02, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Wasn't the choice Ibaka over Harden and not Perkins?

Regardless, Presti should have never let Harden walk

2div

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,474 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 04:36 PM

I think guys are oversimplifying the Harden thing.  Read some good stuff from one of their beat writers Royce Young.  He wasnt traded just because of money.  Harden has his own desires as well.  You think Harden considering the level of play he showed this year and possibly years to come had any interest in being a 6th man for the next 4 years?  Harden and his agent werent stupid.  He got traded to a team that was going to in a position to land a star the next year.  Sucks it happened to be our star but still. 

It's not as simple as just amnesty Perk and then pay Harden.  It's whats going to happen when I have a superstar talent thats tired of riding my bench, and I have 3 guys that 2 are considered young elite and the other is possibly elite if he has the role.  KD, Russ and J13 wasnt a true big 3 more of a 2.5.  You can't maximize 3 wing guys and get the most out of a team. 

Now the teams that are really stupid are the ones that didn't realize how good Harden was going to be.  The Wizards turned down a trade for Beal, the Warriors were rumored to have turned down a trade involving Klay and Raptors didn't want to come off of Jonas V(however u say it). 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,051 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 06:17 PM

Yeah but why are we acting like Harden COULDN'T have started on the Thunder?

They could have paid him and given him the starting 2 spot next to Sepholosha.  Harden is a 2 anyway and he would play 30+ minutes beside both Durant in Westbrook and the lineup was basically him in it and he wasn't really a "bench" player.

So where is this notion that the Thunder COULDN'T have started all three?

Thunder blew it.   They could have amnestied Perkins, given Harden his money, started him next to Durant and Westbrook

Westbrook
Harden
Durant

It's not rocket science that they could have started Harden next to two other superstars.

#36 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,718 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 02, 2013 - 09:48 PM

I think OKC's management got in their own brains

maybe didnt want all their big money invested in perimeter players, or maybe Harden's shortcomings in the Finals compared to Westbrook BEASTING at times

#37 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,474 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 04:14 AM

They COULD have and still had a good team but no depth or balance whatsoever.  That team wasnt going to beat the Heat even if they got back the 2nd year, they would have probably had some issues with a more balanced team as well.  IIRC they had issues against the Clippers.  You max out 3 wings and then have a big that has a high contract how do you bring in a better C? Better bench players?  How do you know Harden truly wanted to stay?  Because from what I was reading there was a possible conflict in what HE wanted and what Brooks and mgmt wanted out of him.  Who knows the full truth but to say they just amnestying Perk was the solution is oversimplifying it.  Especially considering they would still have to pay Perkins.  OKC isn't LA or Chicago.  They just don't have money to throw down the drain as franchise. 

As I said before strategic wise you can only get about 2.5 out of the 3.  Harden and Russ are primary ballhandler types, you wont get their full potential.  The problem with the trade mainly now is that the pick was used in a bum draft and K Mart walked.  So now Lamb is all they have to show for it.  Lamb will be a good player though. 

Yeah but why are we acting like Harden COULDN'T have started on the Thunder?

They could have paid him and given him the starting 2 spot next to Sepholosha.  Harden is a 2 anyway and he would play 30+ minutes beside both Durant in Westbrook and the lineup was basically him in it and he wasn't really a "bench" player.

So where is this notion that the Thunder COULDN'T have started all three?

Thunder blew it.   They could have amnestied Perkins, given Harden his money, started him next to Durant and Westbrook

Westbrook
Harden
Durant

It's not rocket science that they could have started Harden next to two other superstars.

#38 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,865 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 03, 2013 - 09:28 AM

Personally? Very glad OKC f'd up imo. And if Houston lands another good player at TD or next year, they jump okc most likely in WC rankings.

BTW Absolutely no one iirc picked houston to do anything last season. Most picked them near bottom of WC and getting Harden last minute before season didn't change many opinions.

They surprised me. Thought they might win 30 games originally with such a young squad of nobodys

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,474 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 09:52 AM

Roster wise OKC and Houston are about equal.  Both have 2 top 10 players but Houston has shooters and a respectable bench. 

Personally? Very glad OKC f'd up imo. And if Houston lands another good player at TD or next year, they jump okc most likely in WC rankings.

BTW Absolutely no one iirc picked houston to do anything last season. Most picked them near bottom of WC and getting Harden last minute before season didn't change many opinions.

They surprised me. Thought they might win 30 games originally with such a young squad of nobodys

#40 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,865 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 03, 2013 - 11:06 AM

Roster wise OKC and Houston are about equal.  Both have 2 top 10 players but Houston has shooters and a respectable bench. 

Im saying if houston adds another piece. In fact, if i was kevin love i'd wanna play there over anywhere. Good luck getting rebounds against that squad.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users