#41 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted October 01, 2013 - 02:32 PM

^

I get your point but you have to admit the NFL is also kind of messing up its consistency by overbearing on some players that obviously show no malicious intent on one play, but because the rules are sketchy, you technically have to fine them, especially in plays where no flags are tossed in my opinion.

The NBA isn't so much as soft, more like all the major names now flop so it makes it seem more acceptable, where back in the 80's when bully ball was predominant, if you played flimsy, you'd get punished in the court, nowadays get in anyone's face over flopping and you get T'd up, rules change for the worse sometimes.

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 01, 2013 - 03:08 PM

i hope people arent taking this as a "shots fired" kinda thing, he should be admiring kobe for mimicking his moves...

btw can you post the the sportscenter videos when they come out ?

Sure :)  But it's on the first page now. 

But yeah those that say LeBron would beat Jordan just cause he's bigger underestimate Jordan's skills as a lock down defender.

Kobe has taken LeBron in iso's both in scoring on him and stopping him.  Considering how Jordan is the better defender he could lock down LeBron and would lock down LeBron, so would Scottie to be honest and Rodman.

Edited by Majesty, October 01, 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 01, 2013 - 03:33 PM

^

I get your point but you have to admit the NFL is also kind of messing up its consistency by overbearing on some players that obviously show no malicious intent on one play, but because the rules are sketchy, you technically have to fine them, especially in plays where no flags are tossed in my opinion.

The NBA isn't so much as soft, more like all the major names now flop so it makes it seem more acceptable, where back in the 80's when bully ball was predominant, if you played flimsy, you'd get punished in the court, nowadays get in anyone's face over flopping and you get T'd up, rules change for the worse sometimes.

It's a tug-of-war. The rules have to be refined to ensure the integrity of the game while at the same time protecting the players...from themselves. At game-time speed, a ref may throw a personal foul flag on what looks like helmet to helmet contact but is in fact something else...something legal. Some of this is all because of the concussions but these are 250+ lbs men banging into each other at good speeds...there's no escaping the physicality and injuries. A lot of players have said they'd rather take a shot up top than to have their knees blown out. 

A wide receiver can't just "pull a Lebron" and run into a cornerback and fall down...that's an interception waiting to happen. After 5 yards, corners have to allow the receivers to run their routes; in the NBA, you can barely play full press without getting called for pitty pat fouls. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,383 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 07:23 PM

4df275f9f8adebcedf867fb36d6dea49_bigger.

Brian Windhorst         @WindhorstESPN

LeBron on MJ saying he could beat him 1-on-1 in their primes: "MJ said that? I've thought about the matchup but no one will ever see it."

yo.

#45 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,734 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 01, 2013 - 07:24 PM

Windu, while I respect the NFl and it's participants for being some of the fiercest gladiators in the game, and trust me I know NFL, I know what JJ Watt and cushing bith bring to that great defense, but I also know the reason these rookies QBs come in and have great performances is because they aren't getting their heads knocked off like they were in Aikman's day. Let alone the Archie mannings of the world.

#46 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted October 01, 2013 - 08:30 PM

Lebron trying to take the high route but MJ isn't the one photoshopping himself being guarded by Lebron.

http://sports.yahoo....56679--nba.html

#47 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 08:34 PM

LeBron isn't disagreeing.

#48 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,745 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 01, 2013 - 11:00 PM

The reason why Kobe is gonna win at 1 on 1 because of his lockdown defense and his offensive skillset, MJ moves, Dirk moves and hakeem Olajuwon moves, combining those 3 with a lockdown defense is a freaking nature plus Kobe Bryant admit that he is 1 on 1 type of player, just reminding 1 on 1 player is a different to a team player.

33bkfif.jpg

#49 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 01, 2013 - 11:13 PM

Classic MJ. That is the highest praise he'll ever give anyone. 

#50 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted October 02, 2013 - 05:17 AM

Im sure they both played 1 on1 many times back in day = it will come out once Kobe retires more than likely.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#51 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,079 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 05:25 AM

All I know is, Jordan knew once Kobe dropped 33 on him on 60% shooting as an 18-19 year old, Jordan knew he didn't want to guard him in his prime.   And he didn't lol albeit though when Kobe was in his prime years later Jordan was severely past his.

But still, Kobe scoring 33 on Jordan off the bench is something I'll always remember, it was the heir apparent vs the current guy and in our rematch where we beat the Bulls 112-87... Jordan knew it was the right time to get out, cause Kobe and Shaq were on their way.  

Jordan got out at just the right time.  Though I feel had he stayed that final year in the lockout season(did Chicago even play that season?)  had he returned for the lockout season and they'd kept the team together I think they'd have beat San Antonio or come darn close and I'd have loved to have seen him matchup against Duncan and Pop for that 7th ring.

But yeah he saw the light of what was to come and he got out a year and a half before Phil got to the Lakers and the rest is history.

Edited by Majesty, October 02, 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#52 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 05:36 AM

#53 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 02, 2013 - 07:02 AM

you mad bro?

just messin

At least YOU aren't accusing me of being a LeBron fanboy

#54 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,577 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted October 02, 2013 - 08:33 AM

10:15 so that's what MJ and Kobe were talking about.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#55 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,686 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted October 02, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Kobe "stole" from Kareem and Dirk, but he needs to adapt Wade's spin move and Harden/Wade/Manu's two step

m
He already use wades spin move and that euro 2
step

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#56 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 10:23 AM

^

That spin move which is often traveling but never called.

#57 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 02, 2013 - 11:12 AM

MJ spoke the truth about Kobe in the post game interview

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#58 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,865 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted October 02, 2013 - 04:10 PM

Props to Kobe. But since he was coming off the Bench their was really no Scouting Report on him. Mamba is a once in a lifetime player

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#59 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 02, 2013 - 06:50 PM

“@kobebryant: Domino effect. I stole some of his..this generation stole some of mine #thecycle”

#60 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted October 02, 2013 - 11:29 PM

atleast MJ knows... :cool2:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users