Photo

If Kobe won't be back until around Christmas...

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#81 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,721 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 11, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Well that 6 out of 7 has to be 6 out of 6 now.  After the Minny game I would take 2 out of 6.

#82 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 517 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted November 12, 2013 - 02:23 AM

Mitch said that he doesn't expect Kobe to be back within the next 2 weeks. He also added in this little tidbit in regards to the f*** face Stern. Www.latimes.com

""He's done so much for this [league with] his vision," Kupchak said. ". . . We'll miss him, with the exception of one moment."

Kupchak was referring to Stern's scuttling of the Lakers' trade for Chris Paul in December 2011, at a time when the New Orleans Hornets (now the Pelicans) were without an owner and being operated by the league.

"Have you forgiven him for that one moment?" asked Lakers broadcaster Stu Lantz, moderating the event.

"No I haven't," Kupchak answered."

F*** you Stern!!!! Die slow you [expletive] a** muthaf*****, when I die I'm gonna go find you and stick my machete up your you know what, and I'm going to twirl that machete for all of eternity. I am not threatening the man's life, I'm just promising him a [expletive]** after life.

#83 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,721 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 05:19 AM

^Move on.

#84 ScarlosSantana

ScarlosSantana

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Fan Since:1990 I think
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2013 - 05:53 AM

If he comes back im going to be nervous every game. I'm not hoping for Kobe to come back this season.

For what?

This team is basura and not even Kobe can save it. Nor does he fit in this system really in my opinion. I hope he takes the Derrick Rose path and gives it more than enough time to heal.

It's not even about a lottery pick, it's about a fully recovered Kobe and a completely stable Achilles.

#85 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 517 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 10:06 AM

^Move on.

Move on as to us being set back by at least 5 years? Yeah, I already did....but at least give me the pleasure to think what I would do to him once I find him in hell.

#86 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,487 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2013 - 10:29 AM

Management had other opportunities to right the ship.  Keeping Pau, trading for Nash and hiring MDA over Phil which helped run D12 outta dodge did more damage then that Stern veto

Move on as to us being set back by at least 5 years? Yeah, I already did....but at least give me the pleasure to think what I would do to him once I find him in hell.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#87 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,073 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 12, 2013 - 10:33 AM

I think it will be dangerous for Kobe to come back especially when MDA is still around.  Knowing Kobe, he will be playing out of his mind just so the lakers can make the playoffs. We dont have a head coach that is strong enough to managed Kobe's time. MDA will run Kobe into the ground again another injury might occur. 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#88 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 517 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 10:38 AM

Management had other opportunities to right the ship. Keeping Pau, trading for Nash and hiring MDA over Phil which helped run D12 outta dodge did more damage then that Stern veto

keeping Pau? We traded Pau and Odom for Paul...As for Nash, we wouldn't of traded for Nash if we had Paul....I won't comment on MDA and D12, even though I firmly believe that D12 would've stuck around if we had Paul and Kobe, but lets not go there. The chain or events that happened after the veto was detrimental to the Los Angeles Lakers, no matter how you look at it. I dislike (to put it lightly) Stern more than the Jews hates Hitler.

#89 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 517 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Allow me to add to this, IMHO if you are a true Lakers fan there is no way you can argue against me on this. Stern butt f**ked us...hard.

#90 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 12, 2013 - 10:42 AM

keeping Pau? We traded Pau and Odom for Paul...As for Nash, we wouldn't of traded for Nash if we had Paul....I won't comment on MDA and D12, even though I firmly believe that D12 would've stuck around if we had Paul and Kobe, but lets not go there. The chain or events that happened after the veto was detrimental to the Los Angeles Lakers, no matter how you look at it. I dislike (to put it lightly) Stern more than the Jews hates Hitler.

Then you take basketball way too seriously.

#91 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 517 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 10:52 AM

Then you take basketball way too seriously.

No, I'm just a DIE HARD Lakers fan with an obsessive personality....and an abundance of enmity towards those that wronged my team.

#92 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,073 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 12, 2013 - 10:52 AM

Allow me to add to this, IMHO if you are a true Lakers fan there is no way you can argue against me on this. Stern butt f**ked us...hard.

no need to be a lakers fan to agree with you on this. Almost everybody said Chris Paul should've been a lakers and if that was the case, we wouldnt get a 100 year old nash. Even if D12 leave us we still atleast have a Chris paul. 

but whats done is done and no need to dwell on it anymore.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#93 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,721 posts

Posted November 12, 2013 - 11:35 AM

No sweat, I can understand your passion and angst. I encourage you to research the actual transaction a bit, not just read ESPN articles.  Your view might change a bit.

#94 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts
  • Name:Jee
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:ANY WHO PLAYS HERE

Posted November 12, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Just glad to hear Kobe coming back, he has to break more records maybe pass Jordan on all time scoring list. :cool2:

#95 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,721 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 05:50 AM

If we win 6 of the next 7 games it will be nice,

I think we now have to win 5 out of the next 4 to make this happen.

#96 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,305 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2013 - 09:58 AM

That Grizz game was killer. Had we won that and defeated the Pistons on Sunday, we would have been at .500, which is great. Now we have to defeat the Pistons, Warriors, and the Kings to get back at .500. 

Not impossible, but extremely difficult. The best I see them is at 6-8 going into the road trip.

• 40,385 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Officially practicing. He could be back sooner.

yo.

#98 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,271 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2013 - 02:12 PM

Lock. Delete. Ban.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#99 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,305 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2013 - 02:12 PM

I assumed 1225 referred to the rankings rather than his return date. Hopefully that's true!

#100 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 16, 2013 - 02:30 PM

guess christmas is coming early?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users