Photo

Nick Young Excited To See Himself On The Lakers In NBA 2K14, Talks About Competition In Training Camp.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,112 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 27, 2013 - 03:40 AM

VIDEO: Nick Young Excited To See Himself On The Lakers In NBA 2K14 72c3b20e261211e3a25d22000a9e5e2e_7.jpg

When Nick Young agreed to join the Lakers, it was never about the money. Everyone knew that Young was born and raised in Southern California and was extremely excited to join his hometown Lakers.

That was evident again when Young posted a video on his Instagram account of himself being introduced as a member of the Lakers on the new NBA 2K14 game set to be released on October 2. Check it out:

http://instagram.com/p/espsHzOGLd/#

Young is one of the most active players in the NBA on social media as he constantly posting Instagram videos and having fun on twitter. The excitement and exuberance in Young is apparent and he will surely bring that to the court.

It's pretty obvious this kid loves being a Laker and what it stands for.   I thoroughly enjoy the hard work he's putting in at camp but also his overall joy at being a part of the purple and gold.  It's his dream and he wants to do his best and seeing his excitement at even being introduced as a Laker on a video game with the virtual Kobe is a breath of fresh air.     It was obvious from the moment he got a little choked up saying Kobe was his idol during his introductory press conference.

It is nice to see someone that WANTS to be a Laker and is willing to bear their heart to show it. 

Aside from that he's putting in nice work at the training camp

Nick Young also made it apparent that him and Wesley Johnson will be competing for the starting 3 spot on the Lakers but he sees D'antoni giving them both the job depending on the matchups.

“I think it’s going to be a little bit of both,” Young said. “Wesley is young and athletic and could fit in that Shawn Marion type game. That’s what they like about him.”

While also talking a bit on how D'antoni wants him to pass a bit less than he has been.  

But Young seems to have been playing facilitator in practice at the starting 2, something D'antoni wants him to actually do more.. is shoot. 

As he’s spent the past month in informal workouts at the Lakers’ practice facility, Nick Young has heard coach Mike D’Antoni harp on one thing and one thing only.

Shoot the ball.

Young hardly struggles with that, as evidenced by his gun-slinging ways that, for better and for worse, contributed to averaging 11.3 points, 1.9 rebounds and one assist in six seasons. Apparently, though, Young needs to dial it up even more.

“He was on me when I was passing so much earlier today,” Young said Tuesday night at the NBA2K14 launch party at the Greystone Manor in West Hollywood. “I didn’t have that in a while. I’m excited.”

Read More of that here: http://www.insidesoc...-starting-spot/

Young also apparently wasn't happy with his 73 rating in the 2K game but didn't neglect to say despite his rating he's still overpowered in the game

“I’m like a cheat code on the game,” Young said. “I still make shots. I don’t like that 73.”

Enjoy the article about him and Wes competing for that spot as well as what he's been having to do in training camp.  Enjoy!!

Edited by Majesty, September 27, 2013 - 03:40 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 27, 2013 - 04:05 AM

They were being generous with the 73

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#3 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:50 AM

*Ecstatic.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#4 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,328 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 27, 2013 - 11:24 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Z_65IPc9kgA

Another good video.  :cool2:

Edited by Chad, September 27, 2013 - 11:37 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#5 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,112 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 11:40 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Z_65IPc9kgA

Another good video.  :cool2:

#6 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,450 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 27, 2013 - 12:28 PM

I really like this dudes good, happy, positive energy. Yes he's a home kid so how much he wants to play for The Lakers shows even more. I real big difference from the center who just left. 

Dude always has a dope Lakers tank top. 

veqdeg.jpg

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,112 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 12:30 PM

I really like this dudes good, happy, positive energy. Yes he's a home kid so how much he wants to play for The Lakers shows even more. I real big difference from the center who just left. 

Dude always has a dope Lakers tank top. 

yeah he really does seem like a nice personality round the locker room especially with his JOY of actually being a Laker really shining through.  I think we can get the best effort out of him this year, and I hope he applies himself as hard.

#8 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,127 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted September 27, 2013 - 01:39 PM

I think I'm gonna have a love/hate relationship with him, but I'm excited to watch him play for sure 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,112 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 04:38 PM

I think I'm gonna have a love/hate relationship with him, but I'm excited to watch him play for sure 

I think some of the shots he'll take you'll have the same reaction as whenever metta threw up something stupid =P The difference is you won't cringe everytime he shoots a wide open three :)

#10 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,872 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 29, 2013 - 07:04 AM

NY won't handle much. Transition scorer and he'll have some space to operate in the half court sometimes, but this team has guys he will respect as far as pecking order.
Kobe

Nash
Pau

Kaman makes more and has better credentials
Blake is a leader, Farmar is his friend.

It's going to be interesting.

#11 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,872 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted September 29, 2013 - 07:08 AM

Nick Young will benefit from Kobe.

I though NY on the Clips proved his streaky shooting and ability to slash a bit,can help a good team

#12 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted September 29, 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think some of the shots he'll take you'll have the same reaction as whenever metta threw up something stupid =P The difference is you won't cringe everytime he shoots a wide open three :)

We miss the craziness though =/

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#13 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted September 29, 2013 - 05:22 PM

We needed this bad!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users