#21 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:25 PM

MDA should've been fired after the season. Really he never should've been hired.

But seeing as he is here, I'm gonna be realistic and expect an early playoff exit (assuming we get there) and hope for a spectacular showing from Kobe Bryant.

MDA is already proven...just not in a good way.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,400 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'm always curious on how Brandon would do as a head coach 

He deserves so much more in general. He should have a job somewhere on television or with the media, or Lakers, basketball in general. He's too brilliant of a mind not to be revealed to the rest of the world and masses, but unfortunately life just isn't always fair and too many supremely talented people out there never seem to get the proper recognition or opportunity.

yo.

#23 zombeef

zombeef

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:11 PM

oh how the standards have been lowered

That's not fair. If the optimistic camp came out and said we could still be title contenders, everyone would be busting their balls. In a way, this forum has mostly come together in the fact that things will be extremely tough for this team. 

#24 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:28 PM

MDA is already proven...just not in a good way.

#25 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:30 PM

That's not fair. If the optimistic camp came out and said we could still be title contenders, everyone would be busting their balls. In a way, this forum has mostly come together in the fact that things will be extremely tough for this team. 

I was hinting more towards the second round hope.

For me, it's championship or failure. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#26 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,132 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:46 PM

I was hinting more towards the second round hope.

For me, it's championship or failure. 

You became a fan at exactly the right time then. Very good run since 99.

Can you imagine being a fan in 1970? No LA titles and almost every year losing to Boston in the finals all thru the 60's. Yikes. I give the Lakers credit last season. Did things work out? No. Did they spend a crappload of money trying? Yes.

Its fair to say when Magic announced, it set the Lakers back a few years. They were awful and fans were shellshocked.

If its a couple years to regain our swagger after Dwight leaving and Dr. Buss passing, that seems reasonable to me

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#27 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 08:07 PM

You became a fan at exactly the right time then. Very good run since 99.

Can you imagine being a fan in 1970? No LA titles and almost every year losing to Boston in the finals all thru the 60's. Yikes. I give the Lakers credit last season. Did things work out? No. Did they spend a crappload of money trying? Yes.

Its fair to say when Magic announced, it set the Lakers back a few years. They were awful and fans were shellshocked.

If its a couple years to regain our swagger after Dwight leaving and Dr. Buss passing, that seems reasonable to me

No, I didn't exist in the '70s lol

Hiring MDA was a mistake...PERIOD. Made some solid personnel moves but it was all for naught because they hired MDA. MDA nullifies EVERYTHING. There is no hope for this franchise as long as he's the head coach.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users