31 replies to this topic

• 40,364 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 07:44 PM

What was your name before?

Nobody knows it but me.

yo.

• 40,364 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 12:06 AM

It just did it again, but this time for only like two minutes. You guys must be working on it I assume.

yo.

#23 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 01, 2013 - 10:19 AM

This sounds like an issue that Jaime will have to talk to our host about. I was on the other night and noticed it. I'm not sure if it's due to the host performing nightly backups or what, but it's consistent.

#24 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,762 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted October 01, 2013 - 10:37 AM

^If you have a cPanel of any sort, find "raw access logs," then Ctrl+F for "500" and it should tell you what is causing it. It sounds like an automated task, like cron or other. If you can't find it there, then it's definitely something for your host, like you said

Edited by -Wade-, October 01, 2013 - 10:37 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 03:46 PM

^If you have a cPanel of any sort, find "raw access logs," then Ctrl+F for "500" and it should tell you what is causing it. It sounds like an automated task, like cron or other. If you can't find it there, then it's definitely something for your host, like you said

I don't have access to the logs...or at least I didn't a few months back, when I was seeing issues (which just turned out to be a database table). I went in to check them out back then, and the link wasn't active for me.

I'll check again later tonight, though. Thanks.

• 40,364 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 12:06 AM

Just happened from 1:01-1:04.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@lakernation.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Edited by    , October 02, 2013 - 12:06 AM.

yo.

• 40,364 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:17 AM

I haven't even bothered bringing this up anymore, but it's still happening for the record. Guess it's just not getting fixed.

yo.

#28 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'll shoot a message to our host and see if they will reply back to me. May have to have support access, but I'm not 100% sure.

It doesn't seem to be on our end, though.

#29 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 02:13 PM

As I thought, they are nightly backups of the databases (forums and Wordpress). I'm not really sure if it's that big of a deal, though, because it's pretty late into the night.

I may get it moved later, though, since most of you guys are on the coast.

• 40,364 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 02:18 PM

Yes please. It's where most of the activity comes from (for obvious reasons) too and you have to prepare and think it's possible come season, and come especially eventually Kobe's return activity might increase substantially overall and you'll have people even around these times on the West Coast still taking part in discussions or debates. I would try to push it at 2 or 3 AM if possible. I've got plenty of experience being here late around those hours and from my observations, those are the most dead times of all. 1 is close to dead as well to some extent, but still not on 2 or 3's level.

yo.

#31 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,762 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted October 13, 2013 - 03:01 PM

As I thought, they are nightly backups of the databases (forums and Wordpress). I'm not really sure if it's that big of a deal, though, because it's pretty late into the night.

Nothing wrong with that. Backups are an admin's best friend. During my inexperienced days, I've had sites that got owned, had no backup, and cried. xD Thanks for the update, 'tis appreciated good sir.

Edited by -Wade-, October 13, 2013 - 03:02 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#32 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 05:55 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Backups are an admin's best friend. During my inexperienced days, I've had sites that got owned, had no backup, and cried. xD Thanks for the update, 'tis appreciated good sir.

My own place was hacked back in 2008 or 2009, and I didn't have a backup to restore because my scumbag host claimed the SQL injection was performed on their "backup servers" as well.  Lost 600,000 posts.  It was like being hit in the gut by Mike Tyson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users