Capture models of rooms, 3D scan objects, play augmented reality games, and develop mobile applications with 3D sensing.
The world's first 3D sensor for mobile devices.
With the Structure Sensor attached to your mobile device, you can walk around the world and instantly capture it in a digital form. This means you can capture 3D maps of indoor spaces and have every measurement in your pocket. You can instantly capture 3D models of objects and people for import into CAD and for 3D printing. You can play mind blowing augmented reality games where the real world is your game world.Early reactions.
- "It's like giving some sort of a superpower to average-joe devices."
Daniel Suarez, Author of Daemon & Freedom™
- "New senses are going to make possible new applications."
Tim O'Reilly, Founder & CEO of O'Reilly Media
- "We can't wait to play with one of these around the Makerbot office.”
Bre Pettis, CEO of MakerBot
- “For me the challenge has been in creating 3D objects. This completely obliterates that challenge."
Josh Levine, VP of Engineering at Shapeways.com
- “I really like how this device was designed from the beginning to be open and hackable because we don't know which way it's going to go."
Dr. Gary Bradski, President & CEO of OpenCV
- “A very important aspect of this device is that you don’t need a Ph.D. in computer vision to develop an application."
Dr. Gerard Medioni, Professor of Computer Vision at USC
Read more: http://www.kickstart...the-world-in-3d
Our team has been hard at work creating fun, functional demo applications for iOS that will let you experience the Structure Sensor’s capabilities right out of the box.
1. Object Scanner: Capture models of objects and export them to CAD software or for 3D printing. You can also upload models directly to Shapeways.com for 3D printing.
2. Room Capture: Easily capture a 3D model of a room by simply spinning around with your Structure Sensor and iPad. Then, tap any two points to retrieve distances.
3. Fetch: A virtual pet to play fetch with in the physical world around you.
4. Ball Physics: An augmented reality demo where virtual balls interact with the dense geometry of the world.