Photo

Kobe In Dubai: “Now it’s about cutting the recovery time, I should be O.K. (for the start of the season).”

Lakers Kobe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lns824

lns824

Rookie

• 59 posts
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Collection of Articles, Quotes, Photos (so far)

Main quote: “Now it’s about cutting the recovery time, I should be OK [for the start of the season]”

Link: (bottom): http://www.thenation...-to-get-healthy

Article 1: ''NBA fans welcome Kobe Bryant to Dubai''

Link: http://gulfnews.com/...dubai-1.1235629

Highlights: 

Kobe: ''I think it’s a huge honour to be in this lovely place. I like the idea of constantly challenging myself and every place I go I try and inspire people through sports,” Byrant told media here on the eve of his two-day ‘DMCC Kobe Bryant Health and Fitness Weekend’ in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.''

“Some three-and-a-half years back I made a change in eating with my focus now on eating for performance and recovery. I now eat with a purpose.”

“I want to listen. I want to learn. I want to have a good time here,” Bryant said. “I always carry a message of inspiration to challenge the youth to accomplish their dreams.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article 2: ''Kobe Bryant Receives DMCC Trade Licence to do Business in Dubai''

Link: http://www.digitaljo....com/pr/1489221

Highlights: 

• Basketball superstar's first trip to Middle East began with an exclusive press show at Almas Tower
  • DMCC's Executive Chairman Ahmed Bin Sulayem presented Kobe Bryant with a DMCC Free Zone Licence

Kobe: "This is my first trip to Dubai, I'm going to use it to learn about the cultural and business priorities of the region and to understand how they align with my core competencies."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article 3: (Best Article, link at top) ''NBA’s Kobe Bryant hopes to inspire UAE youths to get healthy''

Highlights, Kobe:  “It’s an honour to be here. When I told people I was coming to Dubai, everyone was trying to describe it for me,” Bryant said.

“I told them stop, don’t tell me, I want to see it for myself and take it all in. I want to learn about the culture here first-hand.

“I live by the idea of constantly challenging yourself. It’s important to try to inspire the youth, you work to be better and inspire others to be better.

“I hope that what I do on the court carries beyond the arena. The biggest gift we can give is to teach the game to the next generation by doing these camps.”

Bryant said that both his grandfathers had diabetes but “I was young and didn’t understand”.

“I think the key here is to promote an active lifestyle. We want to show kids how to be active and have fun doing it – it can’t be like a chore,” he said.

“The hardest part is not the training. The hardest part is being able to change your diet and the way you see food. I made the change a little over three years ago. Now I eat for performance, recovery and purpose.”

The Health and Fitness Weekend will culminate in a celebrity basketball game tomorrow at the state-of-the-art Knights Arena at American University in Dubai.

Bryant, who is recovering from injury, will lead the warm-up and coach a team of celebrity players, called Team Black Mamba, which is Bryant’s nickname.

Playing against Team Black Mamba will be the Real Madrid basketball legends.

“I just want to be around the game and have fun,” Bryant said.

Addressing his Achilles injury, Bryant said he was getting stronger every day.

“Now it’s about cutting the recovery time, I should be OK [for the start of the season],” he said.

PHOTOS: https://www.facebook...90231910&type=1

Dubai Sources: 

DMCC ‏ @DMCCAuthority

@KobeFitnessUAE

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,129 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:42 PM

The font on this post is all over the place lol. But thats good news. 

#3 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 26, 2013 - 08:51 AM

Saying you should be okay isn't a definite. He needs to be absolutely sure his body is at 100 percent.

Edited by Harry Styles, September 26, 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#4 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 298 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted September 26, 2013 - 09:22 AM

It would be hard for me to believe that Kobe will be suited up and ready to play for training camp and/or the first game. 

Which leads me to the next observation, if one of our key players does not participate in training camp, and whatever new system or plays MDA has up his sleeve, there is likely to be a big disconnect when Kobe joins the team, for the first month or so. 

• 40,431 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 04:59 PM

Kobe Bryant Basketball Clinic. Gems American Academy - Abu Dhabi

"I'm thrilled to see so much of enthusiasm and excitement among everyone who have turned up here. The response has been tremendous and so has been the support. The facilities here for basketball are also impressive. These kids are ably supported by their parents and hopefully my presence here for this brief clinic would do wonders." -Kobe Bryant

''When my coach told me that I would be meeting Kobe, I couldn't hide my excitement and wanted to share it with my friends. However, they were just not ready to believe me. Opportunities like these come once in a lifetime,"
- Vinod Shravan, Student

yo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lakers, Kobe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users